Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should Saturday’s side now pick itself? 09:12 - Dec 12 with 2077 viewsKeaneish

We should for the first time be able to predict this Saturday’s side surely? Given the predicament we seem to now be facing, we have to pick our best starting eleven with players who are showing form or good understanding on the pitch irrelevant of Rovers system.

The heart of our side is Nolan, Downes and now Dozzell (or Judge in his natural position given he’s scored and got two assists recently) but after last Saturday’s first half display this has to be our midfield three. As we’re at home we have to play two up front so Norwood and Jackson start which means we play three at the back; Wilson, Wolfenden and Chambers if fit. Done don’t think this system works but it provides what we need to get our best partnerships out there.

That leaves Garbut and Donacien in the wing back roles. Donacien being the only one out there I’d consider a square peg.

That side and system should be able to see off Rovers at home and is our strongest starting line-up based on what I’ve seen this season. It also provides possible bench players, Judge, Keane, Skuse, Huws roles to slot straight into. Thoughts?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Should Saturday’s side now pick itself? on 09:18 - Dec 12 with 1677 viewsPinewoodblue

Needs a goal keeper.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Should Saturday’s side now pick itself? on 09:24 - Dec 12 with 1668 viewsMrTown

----------------------- Holy ---------------------
Donacien - Chambo - Woolfy - Garbutt
------------- Downes ---- Dozzell ------------
Edwards --------- Nolan --------- Georgiou
--------------------- Keane --------------------

We know full well that that will not be the team though.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Should Saturday’s side now pick itself? on 09:40 - Dec 12 with 1640 viewsRobTheMonk

Should Saturday’s side now pick itself? on 09:24 - Dec 12 by MrTown

I like this team. My only issue is down the right side but we don't have any alternatives. KVY for Donacien when fit. Edwards is a bit of a donkey at times but does get goals.
Should Saturday’s side now pick itself? on 09:41 - Dec 12 with 1638 viewsKeaneish

Should Saturday’s side now pick itself? on 09:24 - Dec 12 by MrTown

Why one up front and why bench our leading scorers? We need more attacking threat and one up front definitely provides less on the evidence I’ve seen.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Should Saturday’s side now pick itself? on 10:12 - Dec 12 with 1591 viewsGarv

I'm not so sure. He clearly isn't as stressed about the rotation as the fans are, so I won't be surprised if there's more changes.

At the moment I'd be tempted to use Keane and Norwood, have they started a game together yet? Keane's on form and Norwood is an important cog. Downes has to play, Nolan perhaps too, and as Skuse isn't on great form it wouldn't be a travesty if he didn't start. Judge is coming into form a little too, but there's still a risk to playing him wide. I'm not a fan of Rowe but at least he is a more standard winger.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Should Saturday’s side now pick itself? on 10:15 - Dec 12 with 1586 viewsKieran_Knows

I'd like to see;

------------------------ Norris/Holy
Donacien -- Woolfenden -- Wilson -- Kenlock
------------------- Downes -- Dozzell
Jackson/Judge -------- Nolan ----------- Garbutt
---------------------------Keane

Gone with Wilson because I suspect Chambers will be injured.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Should Saturday’s side now pick itself? on 10:18 - Dec 12 with 1567 viewsHerbivore

Our CBs aren't suited to three at the back and it's not worked for us most times we've tried to play it this season.

I don't agree that either Dozzell or Judge have done enough to be worth a start at this point. Judge was terrible on Tuesday night.

I think we're exactly where we've been all season, still not knowing what our best XI or even our best formation is.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Should Saturday’s side now pick itself? on 10:19 - Dec 12 with 1558 viewsitfcjoe

Should Saturday’s side now pick itself? on 10:15 - Dec 12 by Kieran_Knows

I'd like to see;

------------------------ Norris/Holy
Donacien -- Woolfenden -- Wilson -- Kenlock
------------------- Downes -- Dozzell
Jackson/Judge -------- Nolan ----------- Garbutt
---------------------------Keane

Gone with Wilson because I suspect Chambers will be injured.

Chambers is fit

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Should Saturday’s side now pick itself? on 10:20 - Dec 12 with 1550 viewsKieran_Knows

Should Saturday’s side now pick itself? on 10:19 - Dec 12 by itfcjoe

Chambers is fit

Do well, Chambers for Wilson it is then.

Should Saturday’s side now pick itself? on 10:20 - Dec 12 with 1554 viewsitfcjoe

Same team as last Saturday with Chambers in for Wilson for me.

Won't be, will be at least 4 changes from that team because there always is

Should Saturday’s side now pick itself? on 10:25 - Dec 12 with 1537 viewsTractorCam

Should Saturday’s side now pick itself? on 10:20 - Dec 12 by itfcjoe

Garbutt and Donacien are surely nailed on full backs?

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Should Saturday’s side now pick itself? on 10:27 - Dec 12 with 1532 viewsHerbivore

Should Saturday’s side now pick itself? on 10:20 - Dec 12 by itfcjoe

Are you having some doubts about Lambert, Joe? I'm struggling to get my head around what he's trying to do. How many sides have been successful changing at least 4 players every week and changing formation most weeks too? I can't think of any.

Should Saturday’s side now pick itself? on 10:33 - Dec 12 with 1524 viewsKieran_Knows

Should Saturday’s side now pick itself? on 10:27 - Dec 12 by Herbivore

Are you having some doubts about Lambert, Joe? I'm struggling to get my head around what he's trying to do. How many sides have been successful changing at least 4 players every week and changing formation most weeks too? I can't think of any.

I think the issue is, he knows regardless of what formation/players he puts out, it's better than every team in this division, so it's almost hoping that alone will see us promotion (which it should do as our squad is far superior to anyone else in this division). The problem that creates is having no real identity so when we do go up, it'll be an utter sh*t show again next season as there'll obviously be no investment again and we'll be back to square one.

What a time to be alive.

Should Saturday’s side now pick itself? on 10:43 - Dec 12 with 1479 viewsGarv

Should Saturday’s side now pick itself? on 10:33 - Dec 12 by Kieran_Knows

I think the issue is, he knows regardless of what formation/players he puts out, it's better than every team in this division, so it's almost hoping that alone will see us promotion (which it should do as our squad is far superior to anyone else in this division). The problem that creates is having no real identity so when we do go up, it'll be an utter sh*t show again next season as there'll obviously be no investment again and we'll be back to square one.

What a time to be alive.

Is our squad that good?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Should Saturday’s side now pick itself? on 10:44 - Dec 12 with 1467 viewsHerbivore

Should Saturday’s side now pick itself? on 10:33 - Dec 12 by Kieran_Knows

What a time to be alive.

That's the bit that worries me. We're too good for many sides in the division but the lack of consistency and identity is already showing up when we play the better sides at this level. If we do go up, and it shouldn't even be an 'if' with the squad we have, we've got no chance as we won't have any real momentum or the kind of settled side that can go into the Championship with the ability to cause a few surprises.

Should Saturday’s side now pick itself? on 10:48 - Dec 12 with 1458 viewsKieran_Knows

Should Saturday’s side now pick itself? on 10:43 - Dec 12 by Garv

Is our squad that good?

I would honestly say it's better than every side in this division. Coming up against the teams we have this season, none of them have the quality or depth like we do. Some people will question whether we have that 'quality' players, which I think we do. It's just how they're being set up at the moment.

Should Saturday’s side now pick itself? on 10:49 - Dec 12 with 1461 viewsitfcjoe

Should Saturday’s side now pick itself? on 10:27 - Dec 12 by Herbivore

Yes, because I could not tell you what we are trying to do - not necessarily formations but style of play and all that encompasses.

Nothing is being built

Should Saturday’s side now pick itself? on 11:11 - Dec 12 with 1410 viewsPJH

Should Saturday’s side now pick itself? on 10:49 - Dec 12 by itfcjoe

Yes, because I could not tell you what we are trying to do - not necessarily formations but style of play and all that encompasses.

Nothing is being built

The love in between PL and the wonderful fans has been built but if and when that starts to crumble not sure what is left.

On the pitch very little has been built because if there is ever signs of something developing it gets changed.
Should Saturday’s side now pick itself? on 11:36 - Dec 12 with 1370 viewsMrTown

Should Saturday’s side now pick itself? on 10:49 - Dec 12 by itfcjoe

Nothing is being built

Couldnt agree more with this.

Not sure now what the idea or philosophy he is trying to build and install.

Seems to be very much in the mould throw the deck of cards in the air and see how they land at the moment.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Should Saturday’s side now pick itself? on 11:59 - Dec 12 with 1332 viewsPilgrimblue

Should Saturday’s side now pick itself? on 09:40 - Dec 12 by RobTheMonk

I like this team. My only issue is down the right side but we don't have any alternatives. KVY for Donacien when fit. Edwards is a bit of a donkey at times but does get goals.

Agreed but at least that team avoids Edwards from defending too much. Thought that Skuse/Huws didn't work Tuesday so happy if they're on the bench
Should Saturday’s side now pick itself? on 12:24 - Dec 12 with 1306 viewsmonty_radio

The thread led with the suggestion that the squad now picks itself - the responses suggest otherwise. The variations just about cover all those that P.L. has already employed. Whatever else, that probably indicates that rotation is not the best policy.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Should Saturday’s side now pick itself? on 12:27 - Dec 12 with 1294 viewsPinewoodblue

Should Saturday’s side now pick itself? on 10:18 - Dec 12 by Herbivore

Our CBs aren't suited to three at the back and it's not worked for us most times we've tried to play it this season.

I don't agree that either Dozzell or Judge have done enough to be worth a start at this point. Judge was terrible on Tuesday night.

I think we're exactly where we've been all season, still not knowing what our best XI or even our best formation is.

Have you considered Kenlock on the left of a back three?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Should Saturday’s side now pick itself? on 13:07 - Dec 12 with 1246 viewslongtimefan

Should Saturday’s side now pick itself? on 10:44 - Dec 12 by Herbivore

That's the bit that worries me. We're too good for many sides in the division but the lack of consistency and identity is already showing up when we play the better sides at this level. If we do go up, and it shouldn't even be an 'if' with the squad we have, we've got no chance as we won't have any real momentum or the kind of settled side that can go into the Championship with the ability to cause a few surprises.

I seriously doubt that should we go up we'll be anything other than a bottom third team. The gulf between League 1 and the Championship is truly massive and growing. Look at the positions of last years promoted League 1 teams in the Championship. They were all playing really good football last year but are now really struggling.
Should Saturday’s side now pick itself? on 13:10 - Dec 12 with 1235 viewsHerbivore

Should Saturday’s side now pick itself? on 12:27 - Dec 12 by Pinewoodblue

Have you considered Kenlock on the left of a back three?

His positional sense and proneness to error leads me to quickly discontinue that consideration.

Should Saturday’s side now pick itself? on 13:17 - Dec 12 with 1210 viewsr2d2

Should Saturday’s side now pick itself? on 10:48 - Dec 12 by Kieran_Knows

I would honestly say it's better than every side in this division. Coming up against the teams we have this season, none of them have the quality or depth like we do. Some people will question whether we have that 'quality' players, which I think we do. It's just how they're being set up at the moment.

Im not sure the quality is there. Very little evidence of it. Those players who are supposed to have it, certainly havent shown it. If we go up we will get beaten week in week out, because the squad we have simply isnt good enough. And old Evans wont put his hand in his pockets.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024