Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Turn out at your local polling station? 09:16 - Dec 12 with 2519 viewsgiant_stow

Mine was busier - there was even a small queue.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Turn out at your local polling station? on 09:18 - Dec 12 with 1534 viewslowhouseblue

mine had moved and I couldn't find it. i'll try again this evening.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Turn out at your local polling station? on 09:19 - Dec 12 with 1531 viewsGeoffSentence

Turn out at your local polling station? on 09:18 - Dec 12 by lowhouseblue

They are hiding it from you Lowie, you are being denied democracy.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Turn out at your local polling station? on 09:20 - Dec 12 with 1524 viewschicoazul

i'm not voting, and havent since 2010, so no idea.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Turn out at your local polling station? on 09:21 - Dec 12 with 1513 viewsgiant_stow

Turn out at your local polling station? on 09:18 - Dec 12 by lowhouseblue

That's nice of them to tell you

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Turn out at your local polling station? on 09:21 - Dec 12 with 1512 viewsGeoffSentence

Turn out at your local polling station? on 09:20 - Dec 12 by chicoazul

What happened after 2010 to stop you voting?

Turn out at your local polling station? on 09:23 - Dec 12 with 1506 viewschicoazul

Turn out at your local polling station? on 09:21 - Dec 12 by GeoffSentence

What happened after 2010 to stop you voting?

I decided in 15, 17, and now that our political class has failed our country for years and years and done very little to improve our country and the lives' of its citizens, in particular the poorest ones. I don;t want to legitimatise any of them by giving them my vote.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Turn out at your local polling station? on 09:23 - Dec 12 with 1506 viewsgiant_stow

Turn out at your local polling station? on 09:20 - Dec 12 by chicoazul

You do seem to have a fairly unique combo of views so I can see how no party will do.

Turn out at your local polling station? on 09:24 - Dec 12 with 1502 viewsgordon

Quite a lot of people reporting unusually long queues etc on social media - I suspect it might just be that people are more inclined to vote in the morning before work in mid-winter, rather than a pleasant stroll out to vote at 7pm on a balmy May evening.
Login to get fewer ads

Turn out at your local polling station? on 09:25 - Dec 12 with 1494 viewsgordon

Turn out at your local polling station? on 09:23 - Dec 12 by chicoazul

I decided in 15, 17, and now that our political class has failed our country for years and years and done very little to improve our country and the lives' of its citizens, in particular the poorest ones. I don;t want to legitimatise any of them by giving them my vote.

Right, but isn't that an argument for a change of Government?
Turn out at your local polling station? on 09:26 - Dec 12 with 1493 viewsSwansea_Blue

Turn out at your local polling station? on 09:23 - Dec 12 by chicoazul

Although I'd argue if you're concerned about the poorest you're complicit in their suffering by enabling a government who'll victimise them, when you could have voice (albeit small) in trying to stop them.

It's a free choice though, obviously.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Turn out at your local polling station? on 09:26 - Dec 12 with 1489 viewsJakeITFC

Straight in and out in Ipswich at 8am.
Turn out at your local polling station? on 09:27 - Dec 12 with 1487 viewsgiant_stow

Turn out at your local polling station? on 09:24 - Dec 12 by gordon

Quite a lot of people reporting unusually long queues etc on social media - I suspect it might just be that people are more inclined to vote in the morning before work in mid-winter, rather than a pleasant stroll out to vote at 7pm on a balmy May evening.

That would add up.

Turn out at your local polling station? on 09:28 - Dec 12 with 1481 viewschicoazul

Turn out at your local polling station? on 09:26 - Dec 12 by Swansea_Blue

Although I'd argue if you're concerned about the poorest you're complicit in their suffering by enabling a government who'll victimise them, when you could have voice (albeit small) in trying to stop them.

It's a free choice though, obviously.

None of the options, today, will change anything the way I want things to be changed. Labour for instance continue to embrace the mad policy of comprehensive education for all which directly fails bright working-class children.

Turn out at your local polling station? on 09:28 - Dec 12 with 1479 viewsWD19

Turn out at your local polling station? on 09:24 - Dec 12 by gordon

Yeah, the person I voted with this morning did it purely because it is forecast to p!ss down later. Not the usual evening spring stroll.
Turn out at your local polling station? on 09:29 - Dec 12 with 1470 viewsSaleAway

Turn out at your local polling station? on 09:25 - Dec 12 by gordon

Right, but isn't that an argument for a change of Government?

Also, a lot of people have things on in the evenings in December, lots of xmas parties, catch up drinks etc.... I usually vote after work, but won't have time today.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Turn out at your local polling station? on 09:30 - Dec 12 with 1460 viewsgordon

Turn out at your local polling station? on 09:29 - Dec 12 by SaleAway

Also, a lot of people have things on in the evenings in December, lots of xmas parties, catch up drinks etc.... I usually vote after work, but won't have time today.

yup. Think the turnout will be very low, myself.
Turn out at your local polling station? on 09:35 - Dec 12 with 1447 viewsgiant_stow

Turn out at your local polling station? on 09:30 - Dec 12 by gordon

yup. Think the turnout will be very low, myself.

While you're taking a stab at predicting, any idea who that might benefit?

Turn out at your local polling station? on 09:42 - Dec 12 with 1435 viewsitfcjoe

There were 6 voters inside when I went in

4 voted Tory - 2 old couples loudly reminding each other to vote for the second one down

1 voted Labour

1 I don't know

My exit poll gives a Tory win in Central Suffolk and North Ipswich

I saw around 15 people ither in there voting, just leaving the station whejn I got there and arriving when I left - apart from myself and one guy who looked in mid 40s every single person was a pensioner, I'd say a minimum age of 75.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Turn out at your local polling station? on 09:43 - Dec 12 with 1424 viewsSwansea_Blue

Turn out at your local polling station? on 09:28 - Dec 12 by chicoazul

None of the options, today, will change anything the way I want things to be changed. Labour for instance continue to embrace the mad policy of comprehensive education for all which directly fails bright working-class children.

I don't see how education can ever be a bad thing (unless it loads people up with unsustainable debt), but that's another discussion.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Turn out at your local polling station? on 09:44 - Dec 12 with 1422 viewsitfcjoe

Turn out at your local polling station? on 09:35 - Dec 12 by giant_stow

From my one visit just now I'd say it helps the party who is supported by the biggest chunk of the largest group of people who don't work

Turn out at your local polling station? on 09:49 - Dec 12 with 1408 viewsPJH

Hi ho hi ho and off to vote we go...

Come on you reds.
Turn out at your local polling station? on 09:54 - Dec 12 with 1395 viewslongtimefan

At 8:15 I was the only person in the polling station other than the three officials!
Turn out at your local polling station? on 10:06 - Dec 12 with 1360 viewsGeoffSentence

Turn out at your local polling station? on 09:42 - Dec 12 by itfcjoe

There were 6 voters inside when I went in

4 voted Tory - 2 old couples loudly reminding each other to vote for the second one down

1 voted Labour

1 I don't know

My exit poll gives a Tory win in Central Suffolk and North Ipswich

I saw around 15 people ither in there voting, just leaving the station whejn I got there and arriving when I left - apart from myself and one guy who looked in mid 40s every single person was a pensioner, I'd say a minimum age of 75.

The four old tories were in breach of polling station regulations then.

There were five at my polling station I have no idea who they voted for but I amused myself for a few minutes by trying to guess and I reckon

3 tory , 1 lib dem and 1 labour

Although the possible old tory couple did comment as they went out the door 'not that it will help at all' so I might have misjudged them.

Turn out at your local polling station? on 10:11 - Dec 12 with 1353 viewsitfcjoe

Turn out at your local polling station? on 10:06 - Dec 12 by GeoffSentence

The four old tories were in breach of polling station regulations then.

There were five at my polling station I have no idea who they voted for but I amused myself for a few minutes by trying to guess and I reckon

3 tory , 1 lib dem and 1 labour

Although the possible old tory couple did comment as they went out the door 'not that it will help at all' so I might have misjudged them.

One old lady had to ask her husband to confirm it was the '2nd one down', then had the temerity to make sure he had done that and when he said he had still looked at his paper to check.

I guess he's had 60+ years of being told what to do!

Turn out at your local polling station? on 10:11 - Dec 12 with 1344 viewsgordon

Turn out at your local polling station? on 09:35 - Dec 12 by giant_stow

Probably conservatives - for Labour to win, they need to get their traditional voters out supporting them - I think in lots of traditional labour areas we'll see lower turnout, resulting in some seats in the Midlands/Wales/North going to the Conservatives for the first time. Conversely in some of the leafy home counties tory safe seats there may be really high turnout, resulting in a few surprising Tory losses, but not enough to compensate.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024