Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBC Sport article - Championship bubble set to burst 09:25 - Dec 12 with 1228 viewsMVBlue

Former Wigan chairman David Sharpe, who sold the club in 2018, said the situation is "frightening" - following a BBC Radio 5 Live Investigation Unit analysis of the Championship's finances.

The Championship is a "bubble waiting to burst" because clubs are posting record losses in a "gamble" to reach the Premier League.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50674331

And oh look another club that 'sold its stadium' to avoid finance rules - Sheffield Wednesday follow Derby and Leicester.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2019 9:28]

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

BBC Sport article - Championship bubble set to burst on 09:36 - Dec 12 with 1182 viewschicoazul

Maybe this is why Evans acted so uselessly and incompetently. A Seer told him in 2007 when he bought the club, "football is going to collapse in on itself financially in 2023 and all you need to do is drop through the divisions, wait".

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

BBC Sport article - Championship bubble set to burst on 11:33 - Dec 12 with 1074 viewsnewcastlefan1984

BBC Sport article - Championship bubble set to burst on 09:36 - Dec 12 by chicoazul

Maybe this is why Evans acted so uselessly and incompetently. A Seer told him in 2007 when he bought the club, "football is going to collapse in on itself financially in 2023 and all you need to do is drop through the divisions, wait".

I did a dissertation on this very subject comparing Ipswich to the Premier League and the stark contrast in finances is alarming.

What concerns me the most is the parachute payments to which relegated clubs get and the amount to which the clubs namely Fulham and Swansea will get as opposed to a Nottingham Forest or a Wigan.

Unless they have any new financial backing of any description, then we will see another Bolton or sadly a Bury simply because they cannot compete.

I wrote in 2007 that unless preventive measures are taken to close the gap and more is done by the Premier League to create an even playing field, then the league alone will just survive whilst the other leagues will continue to suffer.

Why is the Premier League growing? It is because it is no longer the people's game, it is a heavily mass marketed, publicised by product of media hungry giants ready to lavish billions of pounds on it.

Unless you are apart of it, then I feel sadly the bubble will burst if nothing is done by the EFL and the FA to redress the balance between the leagues. A redistribution of income is needed.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2019 11:34]
BBC Sport article - Championship bubble set to burst on 11:58 - Dec 12 with 1029 viewsbrazil1982

How many times has the media, and fans, discussed the "bubble" is going to burst? It hasn't has it. I find it quite remarkable how clubs are run as businesses, seems to be run at a constant loss. It will take a "big" club to fold for this bubble to burst - Bolton would have been a Marker.
BBC Sport article - Championship bubble set to burst on 12:23 - Dec 12 with 997 viewsPilgrimblue

BBC Sport article - Championship bubble set to burst on 11:33 - Dec 12 by newcastlefan1984

I did a dissertation on this very subject comparing Ipswich to the Premier League and the stark contrast in finances is alarming.

What concerns me the most is the parachute payments to which relegated clubs get and the amount to which the clubs namely Fulham and Swansea will get as opposed to a Nottingham Forest or a Wigan.

Unless they have any new financial backing of any description, then we will see another Bolton or sadly a Bury simply because they cannot compete.

I wrote in 2007 that unless preventive measures are taken to close the gap and more is done by the Premier League to create an even playing field, then the league alone will just survive whilst the other leagues will continue to suffer.

Why is the Premier League growing? It is because it is no longer the people's game, it is a heavily mass marketed, publicised by product of media hungry giants ready to lavish billions of pounds on it.

Unless you are apart of it, then I feel sadly the bubble will burst if nothing is done by the EFL and the FA to redress the balance between the leagues. A redistribution of income is needed.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2019 11:34]

Well said

There's so much bad in the game with agents creaming it off and owners only looking for big pay-outs (Blackpool!).
Trouble is that Prem will do nothing and just watch it collapse below them! The amount of money paid to the players has got out of all proportion. Years ago I wanted to see two Prem divisions in order to spread the money more evenly but guess that just like being on drugs, they can't give it up until it kills them!!
Plus there shouldn't be any parachute payments and instead funds passed down so that all benefit not just 3 who've been benefitting from being in the Prem thus giving them an unfair advantage. Still 3 will come down, just hope they are prepared.
BBC Sport article - Championship bubble set to burst on 12:33 - Dec 12 with 969 viewsArnieM

The top clubs in the so called “ premier league” frankly need to sod off to an European “Champion league (s)” of dome description, taking the vulture that is Sky tv with it.

What’s left of the EFL should be re structured into four divisions as it was set to be , and Clubs limited to STRICT financial constraints. Players wages need to restructured to a realistic equivilsnt to the working man, in ALL clubs throughout the divisions . Those that feel they should be playing in the “ PL”, can frankly sod off ( if PL Clubs would even buy them) . The rest can take it leave it regarding new contracts of employment.

For those that say this can’t be done , need look no further than the Abolition of the National Dock Labour Scheme under Margaret Thatcher. Whereby “ Dockers” who were then on massive , ridiculous wages ( most were paid more money a year than the financial director at Ipswich Port Authority ), were essentially sacked and offered new contracts of employment as “ Cargo Handlers”, on much more affordable wages, which fell in line with mean average wages of that time.

Footballers are NOT a special case. That’s s self appointed descriptor of their trade. And until their wages are brought in line with ordinary work class people ( for that is all they are), the Game in this and other Countries I’d ultimately doomed to self implode in
The near future. The professional game had frankly got above its station and it’s an utterly
ridiculous state of affairs.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024