Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do I dob a thief in so close to Christmas? 17:15 - Dec 12 with 2609 viewsLord_Lucan

I have CCTV footage of a courier nicking one of our cartons on a delivery.

Mmmmm

There's really only one answer isn't there?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Do I dob a thief in so close to Christmas? on 17:19 - Dec 12 with 2115 viewsfabian_illness

A thief is a thief.
Admire your humanity though, thinking in that way.
Do I dob a thief in so close to Christmas? on 17:24 - Dec 12 with 2091 viewsBlueAsTory

Take him round the back of the containers and give him a good kicking, no need for the police.
Do I dob a thief in so close to Christmas? on 17:24 - Dec 12 with 2085 viewsWeWereZombies

Would it be possible to go back to the courier company and say 'I think your driver picked up the wrong parcel by mistake' or is it just to obvious a purloin?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Do I dob a thief in so close to Christmas? on 17:25 - Dec 12 with 2080 viewsFoD_Blue

Did the courier consider that stealing from you may ruin your Christmas?
Do I dob a thief in so close to Christmas? on 17:27 - Dec 12 with 2063 viewsjeera

A carton of what?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Do I dob a thief in so close to Christmas? on 17:36 - Dec 12 with 2021 viewsLord_Lucan

Do I dob a thief in so close to Christmas? on 17:27 - Dec 12 by jeera

A carton of what?

Goods!

It was very sneaky and I am fed up with our stuff going missing so he's toast!

Basically he was delivering two cartons to a shop and he takes both cartons out of the van, puts one down by the entrance and just out of sight of the counter, takes the other box in and gets a signature. He then walks out and picks up the box he had left and takes it with him. The shop owner has it in High Definition CCTV

If I had been shopping and saw someone nick some perfume from Boots I wouldn't give a monkeys but I think this is different and if I don't report him then I have to replace the carton free of charge (£100).

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Do I dob a thief in so close to Christmas? on 17:46 - Dec 12 with 1963 viewsjeera

Do I dob a thief in so close to Christmas? on 17:36 - Dec 12 by Lord_Lucan

Goods!

It was very sneaky and I am fed up with our stuff going missing so he's toast!

Basically he was delivering two cartons to a shop and he takes both cartons out of the van, puts one down by the entrance and just out of sight of the counter, takes the other box in and gets a signature. He then walks out and picks up the box he had left and takes it with him. The shop owner has it in High Definition CCTV

If I had been shopping and saw someone nick some perfume from Boots I wouldn't give a monkeys but I think this is different and if I don't report him then I have to replace the carton free of charge (£100).

I'm not having a pop fella, I am trying to understand what you mean by carton.

I think we just use differing trade 'speak'.

Do you mean a pallet of something? A box? A container of sorts?

To me a carton is a single item, small, like a carton of juice, milk...

I hate thieves. When I employed anyone the pep-talk included that very subject every time:

"You need anything, absolutely anything, you tell me and I will do my utmost to help out. No problem. If you steal from me we're going to fall out".

It's not hard is it.

Do I dob a thief in so close to Christmas? on 17:49 - Dec 12 with 1941 viewsLord_Lucan

Do I dob a thief in so close to Christmas? on 17:46 - Dec 12 by jeera

I'm not having a pop fella, I am trying to understand what you mean by carton.

I think we just use differing trade 'speak'.

Do you mean a pallet of something? A box? A container of sorts?

To me a carton is a single item, small, like a carton of juice, milk...

I hate thieves. When I employed anyone the pep-talk included that very subject every time:

"You need anything, absolutely anything, you tell me and I will do my utmost to help out. No problem. If you steal from me we're going to fall out".

It's not hard is it.

A carton (brown cardboard box) of one of our products, 24 units.

Login to get fewer ads

Do I dob a thief in so close to Christmas? on 17:51 - Dec 12 with 1923 viewsjeera

Do I dob a thief in so close to Christmas? on 17:49 - Dec 12 by Lord_Lucan

A carton (brown cardboard box) of one of our products, 24 units.

Then of course the culprit needs sacking unceremoniously on the spot.

With a demand of compensation.

Do I dob a thief in so close to Christmas? on 17:55 - Dec 12 with 1904 viewsLord_Lucan

Do I dob a thief in so close to Christmas? on 17:51 - Dec 12 by jeera

Then of course the culprit needs sacking unceremoniously on the spot.

With a demand of compensation.

I've contacted the courier, I've got no choice really as loads of our stuff gets nicked.

I'm requesting that if he has a family he's just given a warning but at the end of the day it's up to the courier firm.

Do I dob a thief in so close to Christmas? on 18:04 - Dec 12 with 1860 viewsJ2BLUE

Do I dob a thief in so close to Christmas? on 17:55 - Dec 12 by Lord_Lucan

I've contacted the courier, I've got no choice really as loads of our stuff gets nicked.

I'm requesting that if he has a family he's just given a warning but at the end of the day it's up to the courier firm.

Very nice of you but he should have thought of his family before stealing from you.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Do I dob a thief in so close to Christmas? on 18:13 - Dec 12 with 1824 viewsjeera

Do I dob a thief in so close to Christmas? on 17:55 - Dec 12 by Lord_Lucan

To echo J2 I'd say that's more than generous.

But you know, your attitude there may be the right one.

Good for you honestly.

Do I dob a thief in so close to Christmas? on 18:22 - Dec 12 with 1778 viewsLord_Lucan

Do I dob a thief in so close to Christmas? on 18:13 - Dec 12 by jeera

To echo J2 I'd say that's more than generous.

But you know, your attitude there may be the right one.

Good for you honestly.

I don't give a toss about him but he might have a young kid and it's not the kids fault. Difficult one really. Anyway, we'll see what happens.

Do I dob a thief in so close to Christmas? on 18:24 - Dec 12 with 1767 viewsBlueAsTory

Do I dob a thief in so close to Christmas? on 18:04 - Dec 12 by J2BLUE

Very nice of you but he should have thought of his family before stealing from you.

It is always the family that you worry about, shame they don't think that for themselves.
Do I dob a thief in so close to Christmas? on 18:30 - Dec 12 with 1738 viewsSitfcB

Wait until you see him again and call him up on it?

If he denies then grass him up.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Do I dob a thief in so close to Christmas? on 18:49 - Dec 12 with 1678 viewsBlueBadger

Do I dob a thief in so close to Christmas? on 17:24 - Dec 12 by BlueAsTory

Take him round the back of the containers and give him a good kicking, no need for the police.

Certainly not, given that your lot have cut their numbers to the bone.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Do I dob a thief in so close to Christmas? on 19:15 - Dec 12 with 1576 viewsLord_Lucan

Do I dob a thief in so close to Christmas? on 18:30 - Dec 12 by SitfcB

Wait until you see him again and call him up on it?

If he denies then grass him up.

I wouldn't see him as it happened while he was delivering to a customer in Bath - ergo he lives in Bath.

Do I dob a thief in so close to Christmas? on 19:29 - Dec 12 with 1511 viewsjeera

Do I dob a thief in so close to Christmas? on 17:24 - Dec 12 by BlueAsTory

How about you do it?

You've offered the advice.

PM Lucan and offer your services, alone.

Do I dob a thief in so close to Christmas? on 19:32 - Dec 12 with 1506 viewsSitfcB

Do I dob a thief in so close to Christmas? on 19:15 - Dec 12 by Lord_Lucan

I wouldn't see him as it happened while he was delivering to a customer in Bath - ergo he lives in Bath.

Apologies I assumed you meant delivery to the shop.

Hopefully be will get a slap on the wrist and learn from it.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Do I dob a thief in so close to Christmas? on 19:43 - Dec 12 with 1468 viewsyesjohn99

Snitches get stitches.
Do I dob a thief in so close to Christmas? on 20:05 - Dec 12 with 1400 viewsPecker

Grass him up. Do the decent thing.
Do I dob a thief in so close to Christmas? on 20:43 - Dec 12 with 1345 viewsKBsSocks

It's the first time s/he's got caught, maybe, but almost certainly not the first time s/he's done it ... and if that's the case, they'll probably do it again.

Poll: Are Phil and Gav doing a great job re-TWTD ?
Blog: Comparison Time Again

Do I dob a thief in so close to Christmas? on 20:44 - Dec 12 with 1334 viewsJ2BLUE

Do I dob a thief in so close to Christmas? on 19:43 - Dec 12 by yesjohn99

Snitches get stitches.

I'm sure you'd have the same attitude if they had stolen from you...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Do I dob a thief in so close to Christmas? on 21:03 - Dec 12 with 1286 viewsPippin1970

Been n your situation working at supermarket. One guy I knew put a grand in toilet roll brush holder from tills. He got caught purely on random check by security guards when staff leave . Another put console games in lining of his jacket with security tags ripped off. He got caught on CCTV eventually.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2019 21:04]
Do I dob a thief in so close to Christmas? on 21:27 - Dec 12 with 1190 viewsyesjohn99

Do I dob a thief in so close to Christmas? on 20:44 - Dec 12 by J2BLUE

I'm sure you'd have the same attitude if they had stolen from you...

I’d get brick top to sort it for me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024