Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I would like to be the first to offer my resignation 23:21 - Dec 12 with 3646 viewsBrixtonBlue

from political posting.

I clearly have different views to the majority in this country. But such a crushing defeat is more than that. I'm clearly totally out of touch.

Tonight feels like one of those games where you were looking forward to a Town match all week, a big one perhaps, and then you're 2-0 down in the first 5 minutes.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

I would like to be the first to offer my resignation on 23:22 - Dec 12 with 1906 viewswkj

TBF you've been due a new username for a while. Dolly3.0 please.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I would like to be the first to offer my resignation on 23:22 - Dec 12 with 1907 viewsBackToRussia

Know how you feel bud. Like Town though you have to stick it out, for the long haul.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

I would like to be the first to offer my resignation on 23:23 - Dec 12 with 1893 viewslowhouseblue

don't do that. don't make being right a condition for posting about politics - we'll all have to give up if that becomes the norm.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

I would like to be the first to offer my resignation on 23:24 - Dec 12 with 1895 viewssparks

Youve missed what some have been telling you.

Namely that criticism of the conservatives is absolutely spot on- but that Corbyn's dogmatic hard left agenda is toxic and disasterous.

If only people had listened to the many many decent folks in labour speaking out, leaving and taking a stand against Corbyn, we might not have the prospect of Aldi-Trump and his dishonesty, and the cult of bluster and spin, ready to destroy the longstanding democratic and constituional principles that has made this country succesful and safe.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

I would like to be the first to offer my resignation on 23:24 - Dec 12 with 1878 viewsPJH

Agree.

Devastation and it IS very much like an ITFC game going horribly wrong.
I would like to be the first to offer my resignation on 23:24 - Dec 12 with 1857 viewsJ2BLUE

You were one of the posters who convinced me. Didn't matter this time. Next time it might.

Keep fighting.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I would like to be the first to offer my resignation on 23:25 - Dec 12 with 1860 viewsvapour_trail

No offence, but this has the feel of a Farage retreat from political discourse.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

I would like to be the first to offer my resignation on 23:25 - Dec 12 with 1836 viewsclive_baker

We’ll probably feel the same on Saturday afternoon too, if that’s any consolation?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

I would like to be the first to offer my resignation on 23:25 - Dec 12 with 1853 viewsreusersfreekicks

I would like to be the first to offer my resignation on 23:24 - Dec 12 by sparks

Youve missed what some have been telling you.

Namely that criticism of the conservatives is absolutely spot on- but that Corbyn's dogmatic hard left agenda is toxic and disasterous.

If only people had listened to the many many decent folks in labour speaking out, leaving and taking a stand against Corbyn, we might not have the prospect of Aldi-Trump and his dishonesty, and the cult of bluster and spin, ready to destroy the longstanding democratic and constituional principles that has made this country succesful and safe.

Aldi-Tump - superb
I would like to be the first to offer my resignation on 23:28 - Dec 12 with 1830 viewsbluelagos

The tories are projected to get more than 50%? There was me thinking our system delivers huge majorities to minority supported parties....

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

I would like to be the first to offer my resignation on 07:23 - Dec 13 with 1659 viewsSteve_M

No, don't do that. It matters too much not to comment on it.

I think Bullers is right here though, you needed to be a bit more reflective about the criticisms of Corbyn.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I would like to be the first to offer my resignation on 07:25 - Dec 13 with 1641 viewsmonytowbray

I would like to be the first to offer my resignation on 07:23 - Dec 13 by Steve_M

No, don't do that. It matters too much not to comment on it.

I think Bullers is right here though, you needed to be a bit more reflective about the criticisms of Corbyn.

I don’t think it’s fair to criticise anyone for living in hope for something better. If we had a Labour leader more like what the country wants there wouldn’t have been a huge surge in young voters and I don’t think undoing austerity would have been anywhere near the Tory election pledges without the Corbyn shift. We’d have just had more of the same pre-2016 boring candidates that couldn’t beat the Tories either.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2019 7:29]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

I would like to be the first to offer my resignation on 07:29 - Dec 13 with 1618 viewsDubtractor

I would like to be the first to offer my resignation on 23:23 - Dec 12 by lowhouseblue

don't do that. don't make being right a condition for posting about politics - we'll all have to give up if that becomes the norm.

Exactly this. We cant all agree, and there does need to be a broad spread of views and ideas in our politics, even if the elected parties necessarily need to offer a more bland vision sometimes.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

I would like to be the first to offer my resignation on 07:36 - Dec 13 with 1578 viewshampstead_blue

Don't feel bad and whilst we've butted heads a bit, don't go too quiet.
Are you out of touch? Does that mean that you're uncool? I don't know about that.
You and I are clearly holders of strong views but that's OK.
Stick in there. Soon enough you'll be back on trend again.

Neither side had great options.

Go well. COYB.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

I would like to be the first to offer my resignation on 07:36 - Dec 13 with 1570 viewsBluefish

To be fair you haven't really got involved in politics or done a lot of political posting. It has just been copy and pasting Corbyn propaganda or outright denial. Perhaps this is an opportunity for you to have a fresh look at politics.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

I would like to be the first to offer my resignation on 07:38 - Dec 13 with 1566 viewsmonytowbray

I would like to be the first to offer my resignation on 07:36 - Dec 13 by Bluefish

To be fair you haven't really got involved in politics or done a lot of political posting. It has just been copy and pasting Corbyn propaganda or outright denial. Perhaps this is an opportunity for you to have a fresh look at politics.

Just because the Tories won you’re not suddenly smart, insightful or right. Your posts serve no purpose other than to cause divide and wind people up. How you are still here is beyond me.

TWTD never forgets…

I would like to be the first to offer my resignation on 07:40 - Dec 13 with 1559 viewsBloomBlue

You have different political views, it is healthy for people to have different views, you just need to stop believing the political cr#p coming from momentum.
Do yourself and the Country a favour and go and kick Momentum out of the Labour party and get us back the real Labour party a true broadchurch party.
I would like to be the first to offer my resignation on 07:42 - Dec 13 with 1555 viewsSteve_M

I would like to be the first to offer my resignation on 07:25 - Dec 13 by monytowbray

I don’t think it’s fair to criticise anyone for living in hope for something better. If we had a Labour leader more like what the country wants there wouldn’t have been a huge surge in young voters and I don’t think undoing austerity would have been anywhere near the Tory election pledges without the Corbyn shift. We’d have just had more of the same pre-2016 boring candidates that couldn’t beat the Tories either.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2019 7:29]

Living in hope for better isn't a problem, it has to be from an electable party though. Otherwise that hope is pointless.

You're right that it is important for young people to be political engaged, Blair did do a certain amount of that as well. That can be done with a leader more palatable to the country as a whole.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I would like to be the first to offer my resignation on 07:47 - Dec 13 with 1539 viewsmonytowbray

I would like to be the first to offer my resignation on 07:42 - Dec 13 by Steve_M

Living in hope for better isn't a problem, it has to be from an electable party though. Otherwise that hope is pointless.

You're right that it is important for young people to be political engaged, Blair did do a certain amount of that as well. That can be done with a leader more palatable to the country as a whole.

Corbyn was the first Labour leader to engage me in my voting lifetime. It may not count for much, but I don’t think a swing back to New Labour is the answer as many on here claim. There’s likely a middle ground somewhere.

TWTD never forgets…

I would like to be the first to offer my resignation on 07:56 - Dec 13 with 1522 viewsBluefish

I would like to be the first to offer my resignation on 07:38 - Dec 13 by monytowbray

Just because the Tories won you’re not suddenly smart, insightful or right. Your posts serve no purpose other than to cause divide and wind people up. How you are still here is beyond me.

Top blubbing

I would like to be the first to offer my resignation on 08:00 - Dec 13 with 1515 viewsOnionboy

You are not out of touch, our promises unfortunately were too much to soon, should have taken more baby steps got a majority and then brought them in.
We should not have revealed so much in our manifesto and just brought forward the policies to make this a fairer society for all.
I would like to be the first to offer my resignation on 08:00 - Dec 13 with 1505 viewswkj

I would like to be the first to offer my resignation on 08:00 - Dec 13 by Onionboy

You are not out of touch, our promises unfortunately were too much to soon, should have taken more baby steps got a majority and then brought them in.
We should not have revealed so much in our manifesto and just brought forward the policies to make this a fairer society for all.

WB Dolly

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I would like to be the first to offer my resignation on 08:06 - Dec 13 with 1483 viewsmonytowbray

I would like to be the first to offer my resignation on 07:56 - Dec 13 by Bluefish

Top blubbing

Point proven. The sooner Phil finally gets fed up of deleting your posts again the better.

TWTD never forgets…

I would like to be the first to offer my resignation on 08:09 - Dec 13 with 1469 viewsBluefish

I would like to be the first to offer my resignation on 08:06 - Dec 13 by monytowbray

Point proven. The sooner Phil finally gets fed up of deleting your posts again the better.

Lol why don't you pm him and plead with him to do it

Please phil please delete the nasty man that keeps getting thing right. I get really really upset and offended by him being here

I would like to be the first to offer my resignation on 08:20 - Dec 13 with 1442 viewsOnionboy

I would like to be the first to offer my resignation on 08:09 - Dec 13 by Bluefish

Lol why don't you pm him and plead with him to do it

Please phil please delete the nasty man that keeps getting thing right. I get really really upset and offended by him being here

Why not for a change can't everyone be nice to each other?
If we can't show that side on here how can we change the hearts and the minds of the country to come back across?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024