Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corbyn 08:33 - Dec 13 with 758 viewsBarneycurley

'I will not lead Labour in the next election'

If ever there was an entry for No Sh it Sherlock candidate of the year that was it!

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Corbyn on 08:33 - Dec 13 with 752 viewsDanTheMan

He should be gone today. There's no excuses any more.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Corbyn on 08:35 - Dec 13 with 735 viewsStokieBlue

Corbyn on 08:33 - Dec 13 by DanTheMan

He should be gone today. There's no excuses any more.

Staying for a period of "reflection" which will allow them to perform the mental gymnastics to absolve themselves of blame and push on with the same methodology,

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Corbyn on 08:38 - Dec 13 with 714 viewslowhouseblue

he was never going to be the leader in 5 years time.

but the game now is to find a way of shifting blame away form team corbyn and on to someone else. the election result is irrelevant to these people, all they care about is continuing their control of the party.

to find out how they're going to try to shift the blame we'll need to wait for zed.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Corbyn on 08:45 - Dec 13 with 675 viewsmonytowbray

Corbyn on 08:38 - Dec 13 by lowhouseblue

but the game now is to find a way of shifting blame away form team corbyn and on to someone else. the election result is irrelevant to these people, all they care about is continuing their control of the party.

to find out how they're going to try to shift the blame we'll need to wait for zed.

I’ve just given up on politics. Back to Green I f*ck to waste my vote, they represent my world view. You can all carry on arguing about why Brown and Milliband couldn’t get as close as Corbyn did in 2017 but pretend that’s why Labour lost. I’m not saying Corbyn was the answer, but it’s also evident the centre Labour vote hasn’t been the answer either.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Corbyn on 08:50 - Dec 13 with 663 viewslowhouseblue

Corbyn on 08:45 - Dec 13 by monytowbray

I’ve just given up on politics. Back to Green I f*ck to waste my vote, they represent my world view. You can all carry on arguing about why Brown and Milliband couldn’t get as close as Corbyn did in 2017 but pretend that’s why Labour lost. I’m not saying Corbyn was the answer, but it’s also evident the centre Labour vote hasn’t been the answer either.

i don't agree. every election is different, but a labour leader who could have appealed to a broad section of the centre left would have walked this election. corbyn and the people who pushed him are the reason we now have boris. there was no public enthusiasm for boris - but he simply wasn't as bad as the alternative.

and I don't wish to depress you, but there is no way this is just 5 years of the tories. they'll ber here for 10. with a result as bad as this there is no way it will be reversed over one election.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Corbyn on 08:50 - Dec 13 with 662 viewsallezlesbleus

Labour have probably never had a better opportunity to win an election. The Tories have been stumbling from one disaster to another and still Corbyn couldn't get anywhere close. Shocking performance.

I am so disillusioned with UK politics and have been for quite a long while now. Hopefully, this Tory landslide will make the other parties take a good, long, hard look at themselves and in the next election there may hopefully be some credible opposition.
Corbyn on 09:04 - Dec 13 with 641 viewsStokieBlue

Corbyn on 08:45 - Dec 13 by monytowbray

They only Labour government of it last two decades was centre left. Milliband got fairly close, Brown was never going to win. Neither did as badly as JC did last night which was disastrous.

JC got close in 2017 because May was awful.

I simply don't believe there isn't support for a centre left Labour party which the appropriate leader and policies.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Corbyn on 09:07 - Dec 13 with 638 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

He should have said that in 2017.

The writing was on the wall when they celebrated the embarrassing loss to May as though it were a win.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

Corbyn on 09:10 - Dec 13 with 627 viewsBlueBadger

Corbyn on 08:38 - Dec 13 by lowhouseblue

I'll wait till he surfaces before I cut and paste my rant from last night again.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024