Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I heard an amazing fact yesterday - and thinking about it, it must be true 17:16 - Dec 13 with 3976 viewsLord_Lucan

If you take Blair out of the equation (who was arguably a Tory) Labour haven't won a general election in 50 years.

If Scotland ever leave the UK there is not even a long term opposition.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I heard an amazing fact yesterday - and thinking about it, it must be true on 18:39 - Dec 13 with 763 viewsjeera

I heard an amazing fact yesterday - and thinking about it, it must be true on 17:25 - Dec 13 by Marshalls_Mullet

Yep, thats something I have mentioned a lot.

Basically leftist Labour Govt hasnt won an election in that time.

You mention lots of things.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I heard an amazing fact yesterday - and thinking about it, it must be true on 18:46 - Dec 13 with 736 viewsGlasgowBlue

I heard an amazing fact yesterday - and thinking about it, it must be true on 18:02 - Dec 13 by Darth_Koont

Cosmetically and not stopping the widening social, economic and political divisions that progressive politics is meant to tackle?

There's a reason Blair and Brown started the process of losing Scotland to the SNP. They didn't do enough over their tenure.

Fake news from DK as usual.

In Blair’s last election victory, 2006, Labour won 41 seats. Just seven less than the all conquering SNP won yesterday.

Even when Brown was beaten in 2010 Labour still managed to in grease their vote share in Scotland by 2.5% and held onto their 41 seats.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I heard an amazing fact yesterday - and thinking about it, it must be true on 18:54 - Dec 13 with 732 viewsDarth_Koont

I heard an amazing fact yesterday - and thinking about it, it must be true on 18:46 - Dec 13 by GlasgowBlue

Fake news from DK as usual.

In Blair’s last election victory, 2006, Labour won 41 seats. Just seven less than the all conquering SNP won yesterday.

Even when Brown was beaten in 2010 Labour still managed to in grease their vote share in Scotland by 2.5% and held onto their 41 seats.

Fake fake news from Glassers as usual.

The SNP had started making inroads and the Labour domination was coming to an end. Despite having 13 years of Labour government to show what it could do for Scotland ... answer, not enough. Which is why Labour weren't looked at in 2015.

Pronouns: He/Him

I heard an amazing fact yesterday - and thinking about it, it must be true on 18:58 - Dec 13 with 723 viewshampstead_blue

Sorry but Blair is a War Criminal not a Tory.

He should be in next cell to the other scum who have committed atrocities. Maybe put him next to Ang Su Chi.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

I heard an amazing fact yesterday - and thinking about it, it must be true on 19:02 - Dec 13 with 697 viewsGlasgowBlue

I heard an amazing fact yesterday - and thinking about it, it must be true on 18:54 - Dec 13 by Darth_Koont

Fake fake news from Glassers as usual.

The SNP had started making inroads and the Labour domination was coming to an end. Despite having 13 years of Labour government to show what it could do for Scotland ... answer, not enough. Which is why Labour weren't looked at in 2015.

I’m sorry. What is fake about it? Did Blair get 41 Scottish seats in 2005? Did Brown increase a Labour’s Scottish vote share in 2010 and retain 41 seats?

Iron Lion Zion

I heard an amazing fact yesterday - and thinking about it, it must be true on 19:05 - Dec 13 with 701 viewsDarth_Koont

I heard an amazing fact yesterday - and thinking about it, it must be true on 19:02 - Dec 13 by GlasgowBlue

I’m sorry. What is fake about it? Did Blair get 41 Scottish seats in 2005? Did Brown increase a Labour’s Scottish vote share in 2010 and retain 41 seats?

What did they start with? And why was that wiped out by 2015?

I heard an amazing fact yesterday - and thinking about it, it must be true on 19:05 - Dec 13 with 696 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Them Slaves are owned!!
Or gave up decades ago.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

I heard an amazing fact yesterday - and thinking about it, it must be true on 19:08 - Dec 13 with 684 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I heard an amazing fact yesterday - and thinking about it, it must be true on 17:55 - Dec 13 by Steve_M

Yes, only one Labour leader has won an election in my lifetime. It's not quite 50 years though.

I'm not entirely sure Blair can be closed as a Tory: the minimum wage, Human Rights Act, devolution, surestart wouldn't have happened under a Tory government. Blair was how progressive change gets enacted in this country.

Via a credit bubble...seriously !!

Login to get fewer ads

I heard an amazing fact yesterday - and thinking about it, it must be true on 19:10 - Dec 13 with 678 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I heard an amazing fact yesterday - and thinking about it, it must be true on 17:58 - Dec 13 by Bent_double

I'm gonna give it a couple of years, see if they can actually do anything good for society in general - my son will be 18 then, so will seriously think about emigrating somewhere - anywhere - that's better.

I would miss going to Ipswich games, but I don't get to many nowadays, and with ifollow, you still get to listen or watch all games anyway.

Yep .... any hope for Junior Slave going to University died this morning...guess she will have to suck it up!!

I heard an amazing fact yesterday - and thinking about it, it must be true on 19:11 - Dec 13 with 665 viewsGlasgowBlue

I heard an amazing fact yesterday - and thinking about it, it must be true on 19:05 - Dec 13 by Darth_Koont

What did they start with? And why was that wiped out by 2015?

They had 50 preciulsy but the number of seats in Scotland was reduced from 72 to 59 so obviously they lost seats.

The reason Labour lost Scotland so badly in 2015 was because Ed Miliband was seen as colluding with the Tories by running in a joint remain ticket in the 2014 Indy referendum and Ruth Davidson positioned the Tories as the go to party for Unionists which squeezed labour out of the picture.

Iron Lion Zion

I heard an amazing fact yesterday - and thinking about it, it must be true on 19:12 - Dec 13 with 670 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I heard an amazing fact yesterday - and thinking about it, it must be true on 18:20 - Dec 13 by Herbivore

England is a pretty right wing, non-progressive country. Has been all my lifetime anyway.

Largely populated by w@nkers tbf.

I heard an amazing fact yesterday - and thinking about it, it must be true on 19:15 - Dec 13 with 666 viewsnoggin

I heard an amazing fact yesterday - and thinking about it, it must be true on 18:20 - Dec 13 by Herbivore

England is a pretty right wing, non-progressive country. Has been all my lifetime anyway.

Exactly. Left wing politics works in the most successful countries in Europe but Brits don't want it, they'd rather suffer while the rich make their fortune.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

I heard an amazing fact yesterday - and thinking about it, it must be true on 19:18 - Dec 13 with 658 viewsDarth_Koont

I heard an amazing fact yesterday - and thinking about it, it must be true on 19:11 - Dec 13 by GlasgowBlue

They had 50 preciulsy but the number of seats in Scotland was reduced from 72 to 59 so obviously they lost seats.

The reason Labour lost Scotland so badly in 2015 was because Ed Miliband was seen as colluding with the Tories by running in a joint remain ticket in the 2014 Indy referendum and Ruth Davidson positioned the Tories as the go to party for Unionists which squeezed labour out of the picture.

56 and they lost seats proportionately where the SNP and LibDems didn't.

Of course, there was an issue around the referendum but the swell in support for the SNP before and after the referendum was largely down to the previous 13 years of Labour government. It made the case for the SNP because even a Labour government wasn't going to do enough.

Keep going though. You'll get there in the end.

I heard an amazing fact yesterday - and thinking about it, it must be true on 19:21 - Dec 13 with 637 viewsGlasgowBlue

I heard an amazing fact yesterday - and thinking about it, it must be true on 19:18 - Dec 13 by Darth_Koont

56 and they lost seats proportionately where the SNP and LibDems didn't.

Of course, there was an issue around the referendum but the swell in support for the SNP before and after the referendum was largely down to the previous 13 years of Labour government. It made the case for the SNP because even a Labour government wasn't going to do enough.

Keep going though. You'll get there in the end.

Before Blair became leader Labour had 50 Scottish seats.

Iron Lion Zion

I heard an amazing fact yesterday - and thinking about it, it must be true on 19:26 - Dec 13 with 622 viewsDarth_Koont

I heard an amazing fact yesterday - and thinking about it, it must be true on 19:21 - Dec 13 by GlasgowBlue

Before Blair became leader Labour had 50 Scottish seats.

Yes in 1994 ... what's your point caller?

I'm addressing the rise of the SNP even after 13 years of Labour government. If you could address that then you might be engaging in the actual discussion.

I heard an amazing fact yesterday - and thinking about it, it must be true on 19:31 - Dec 13 with 601 viewsmonytowbray

I heard an amazing fact yesterday - and thinking about it, it must be true on 19:26 - Dec 13 by Darth_Koont

I'm addressing the rise of the SNP even after 13 years of Labour government. If you could address that then you might be engaging in the actual discussion.

Brown and Milliband lost elections, that’s my main takeaway. We’re far too deep into right wing brainwashing via the press and that crook Farage inventing an enemy no one used to even talk about 5 years ago for a central Labour government to make much difference.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

I heard an amazing fact yesterday - and thinking about it, it must be true on 19:44 - Dec 13 with 570 viewsGlasgowBlue

I heard an amazing fact yesterday - and thinking about it, it must be true on 19:26 - Dec 13 by Darth_Koont

So you accept that Blair increased Labour’s seat numbers in Scotland! Well we got there in the end.

Enjoy your evening.

Iron Lion Zion

I heard an amazing fact yesterday - and thinking about it, it must be true on 19:45 - Dec 13 with 572 viewsmonytowbray

I heard an amazing fact yesterday - and thinking about it, it must be true on 19:44 - Dec 13 by GlasgowBlue

So you accept that Blair increased Labour’s seat numbers in Scotland! Well we got there in the end.

Enjoy your evening.

What did you achieve though here, really?

TWTD never forgets…

I heard an amazing fact yesterday - and thinking about it, it must be true on 19:47 - Dec 13 with 563 viewsDarth_Koont

I heard an amazing fact yesterday - and thinking about it, it must be true on 19:44 - Dec 13 by GlasgowBlue

Enjoy your evening.

Yes, when he got in. Labour was always the big hope ... then it turned into the big disappointment.

Glad we got there in the end.

I heard an amazing fact yesterday - and thinking about it, it must be true on 19:48 - Dec 13 with 550 viewsGlasgowBlue

I heard an amazing fact yesterday - and thinking about it, it must be true on 19:45 - Dec 13 by monytowbray

I corrected DK who said that labour support in Scotland declined under Blair and Brown. It’s didn’t.

Nit sure what you are objecting to in this.

Iron Lion Zion

I heard an amazing fact yesterday - and thinking about it, it must be true on 19:49 - Dec 13 with 548 viewsDarth_Koont

I heard an amazing fact yesterday - and thinking about it, it must be true on 19:45 - Dec 13 by monytowbray

It's Glassers patented whataboutery/misdirection so that he can deflect from discussing the actual point.

I heard an amazing fact yesterday - and thinking about it, it must be true on 19:51 - Dec 13 with 536 viewsmonytowbray

I heard an amazing fact yesterday - and thinking about it, it must be true on 19:47 - Dec 13 by Darth_Koont

Yes, when he got in. Labour was always the big hope ... then it turned into the big disappointment.

Glad we got there in the end.

We’ve had TOMMEH and Hopkins go full fascist today in support of Boris, and one of them tell a Muslim Tory woman to get out the party as it’s about British people now when she stated the enquiry into Islamophobia in the party needs to begin. Odd how it’s been obvious for years but got very little coverage in the press or discussion on here.

I started a thread on it but here everyone is arguing about yesterday’s result and stuff that happened in an election 10+ years ago. Odd these threads are so busy whilst the one I started about the above has remained eerily avoided by many. It’s almost as of not many people really give a toss about racism at all. Surprise.

TWTD never forgets…

I heard an amazing fact yesterday - and thinking about it, it must be true on 20:32 - Dec 13 with 496 viewsgordon

I heard an amazing fact yesterday - and thinking about it, it must be true on 18:02 - Dec 13 by Darth_Koont

Cosmetically and not stopping the widening social, economic and political divisions that progressive politics is meant to tackle?

There's a reason Blair and Brown started the process of losing Scotland to the SNP. They didn't do enough over their tenure.

New Labour lost Scotland because of the Iraq war. Obviously other reasons as well, but Scots don't have the same hankering back to the imperial days or the second world war that the English do so are much less inclined to tolerate warmongering.
I heard an amazing fact yesterday - and thinking about it, it must be true on 20:39 - Dec 13 with 480 viewsFootballpete

Given that this election has proven that the Tories can lie with complete impunity and still count on the overwhelming unconditional support of the vast majority of the press, I seriously doubt Labour will ever win an election again.

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

I heard an amazing fact yesterday - and thinking about it, it must be true on 20:44 - Dec 13 with 474 viewsTrequartista

On the other side of the coin, the Conservatives have only had a parliamentary majority for 2 of the last 22 years.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024