Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Positives 20:55 - Dec 13 with 545 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Democracy has been served.

There will be no blaming anyone except the Conservatives for the ongoing Brexit impasse.

No more but Corbyn.

I don't need the welfare state or the NHS (at the moment and I can just hope it stays that way for at least another 5 years).

We have to live with the choices of the majority. Signing out on political comments for the time being.

[Post edited 13 Dec 2019 21:01]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Positives on 21:02 - Dec 13 with 510 viewsSwansea_Blue

1. Try telling that to the Scotts. Seemingly ‘will of the people’ is exclusively for Brexiteers.

2. Brexit has only ever been a Tory issue. Tories pushes for a ref, got a ref, fecked up one of the campaigns, voted down their own proposals, 3 times. Rhetoric crashing against reality.

3. I don’t know how you voted, so best not comment.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Positives on 21:12 - Dec 13 with 493 viewsOnionboy

Positives on 21:02 - Dec 13 by Swansea_Blue

1. Try telling that to the Scotts. Seemingly ‘will of the people’ is exclusively for Brexiteers.

2. Brexit has only ever been a Tory issue. Tories pushes for a ref, got a ref, fecked up one of the campaigns, voted down their own proposals, 3 times. Rhetoric crashing against reality.

1: That is not correct they had their vote of a lifetime and they lost.

2: unfortunately not the case, why have so many of our working class comrades voted for getting it completed.
Positives on 22:24 - Dec 13 with 432 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Positives on 21:02 - Dec 13 by Swansea_Blue

3 I have made no secret of how I have voted on Brexit or this election.

Brexit is clearly a political and economic disaster that should never have been put to the people.

This government is at an impasse on Brexit of its own making and a majority of 70 odd is not going to change that. The only solution to the problems of the past 9 years was to have a government based on a fair system of governance, with integrity, fairer taxation, investment and a sensible approach to Brexit that will only ever be fairly concluded with another referendum that confirms the terms we might leave on are what the majority of the electorate actually want.

However, I am battle weary and fed up with swimming against the tide. Within my own echo chamber I have heard not one single argument for the current government that I can accept as reasonable. That depresses me. I have asked for them, I have sought out people I know vote for them but their best response has always been "but Corbyn" and "Labour will have us back in the 70s". I voted for Thatcher in the 90s. There is no way I can support the current government. I have every sympathy with those who are marching (but disagree with them because I respect the democratic process). I just want to sit back and let the disaster unfold around me. Fortunately I have a sense of "I am alright, Jack". I feel for the most vulnerable in society who voted against the government. I have no sympathy for those who voted for it who will live and die to regret it. That is the outcome of austerity.

Sorry for the rant but you did imply that you wanted to know. Now back to honouring my statement to bow out of political comments for the time being. It is too wearing and it makes no difference. Perhaps, they might even be proven to be right and it will all be rainbows and unicorns. Perhaps we will win the rest of our games and win both the league and the mickey mouse cup thingy. Perhaps the winning run will take us through the leagues and back into Europe.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024