Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Labour Party 22:54 - Dec 13 with 3495 viewsvapour_trail

Not my default go to option but I have voted for them at times.

Their next move is important. The runners and riders look suspect.

Rayner, Thornberry and Long Lewis are loose cannons. Starmer has huge intellect but not sure he takes the four nations with him.

Must be Jess Phillips.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Labour Party on 22:56 - Dec 13 with 2223 viewslowhouseblue

don't want to worry you, but i agree with your scoring there.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Labour Party on 22:57 - Dec 13 with 2224 viewsvapour_trail

Labour Party on 22:56 - Dec 13 by lowhouseblue

don't want to worry you, but i agree with your scoring there.

In that case, I retract my earlier comments.

Labour Party on 22:59 - Dec 13 with 2210 viewspeterleeblue

Jess Philips for me.
Labour Party on 23:01 - Dec 13 with 2204 viewsbluelagos

Yvette Cooper for me. She has shown an ability to master detail and ask searching questions on the committee she is on. Will be very good at holding BJ to account and pulling apart any wishy washy bollix if presented.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Labour Party on 23:05 - Dec 13 with 2184 viewsFtnfwest

Farage, knows the policies they really like
Labour Party on 23:09 - Dec 13 with 2178 viewsvapour_trail

Labour Party on 23:05 - Dec 13 by Ftnfwest

Farage, knows the policies they really like

You alright fella?

Labour Party on 23:10 - Dec 13 with 2167 viewsFtnfwest

Labour Party on 23:09 - Dec 13 by vapour_trail

You alright fella?

Worth a punt
Labour Party on 23:18 - Dec 13 with 2160 viewsvapour_trail

Labour Party on 23:10 - Dec 13 by Ftnfwest

Worth a punt

Are you familiar with the manifestos Farage-led parties have published?

Doesn’t really work without a fcked up media operation.

Login to get fewer ads

Labour Party on 01:17 - Dec 14 with 2100 viewstractordownsouth

Phillips or Cooper

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Labour Party on 01:37 - Dec 14 with 2096 viewsMelford

I'm a card carrying member of the Labour party so I have a say in this and I'd vote for Phillips, I've been impressed by her for a while, she speaks really well and doesn't take any BS.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Labour Party on 07:40 - Dec 14 with 2020 viewsFixed_It

Labour Party on 23:01 - Dec 13 by bluelagos

Yvette Cooper for me. She has shown an ability to master detail and ask searching questions on the committee she is on. Will be very good at holding BJ to account and pulling apart any wishy washy bollix if presented.

Married to a scummer. These things can't just be ignored.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Labour Party on 07:46 - Dec 14 with 2004 viewssparks

Labour Party on 01:37 - Dec 14 by Melford

I'm a card carrying member of the Labour party so I have a say in this and I'd vote for Phillips, I've been impressed by her for a while, she speaks really well and doesn't take any BS.

Phillips will rub a big chunk of that necessary middle ground up the wrong way.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Labour Party on 08:18 - Dec 14 with 1992 viewsDubtractor

Whoever they choose, it has to be someone with minimum baggage that the media can latch onto.

And they need to be able to appeal to the London lefty bumfest and the northern types, not just one or the other.

I'd like to think that there is a female candidate out there this time around rather than another white bloke.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Labour Party on 08:21 - Dec 14 with 1985 viewsartsbossbeard

Labour Party on 01:37 - Dec 14 by Melford

Same, same Comrade.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Labour Party on 08:22 - Dec 14 with 1982 viewsgordon

Labour Party on 08:18 - Dec 14 by Dubtractor

Whoever they choose, it has to be someone with minimum baggage that the media can latch onto.

And they need to be able to appeal to the London lefty bumfest and the northern types, not just one or the other.

I'd like to think that there is a female candidate out there this time around rather than another white bloke.

They need a strong top team with Phillips, Starmer, Cooper and Lewis all really prominent. Not sure who should be leader, but those 4 have a good combination of appeal, gravitas, humanity, wit etc.

Kick Thornberry right into the long grass.
Labour Party on 08:25 - Dec 14 with 1973 viewsartsbossbeard

Labour Party on 08:22 - Dec 14 by gordon

They need a strong top team with Phillips, Starmer, Cooper and Lewis all really prominent. Not sure who should be leader, but those 4 have a good combination of appeal, gravitas, humanity, wit etc.

Kick Thornberry right into the long grass.

Need to get a Department of Lies sorted plus a Social Media wizard for next time.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Labour Party on 08:26 - Dec 14 with 1967 viewsgordon

Labour Party on 08:18 - Dec 14 by Dubtractor

The problem is that the party has been taken over by that awful type of condescending, psuedo-intellectual North Londoner, who sees the rest of the country as an alien planet (apart from Totnes and that hipster bit of Bristol, probably). I absolutely love this thread, reporting back from Bedford and Milton Keynes:

It might sound a bit trite, but the Labour party has to try actually listening to people, understanding people, liking people, admiring people for the lives they lead and the things they do in the places where it wants to win votes.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2019 8:29]
Labour Party on 08:28 - Dec 14 with 1955 viewssparks

Labour Party on 08:26 - Dec 14 by gordon

The problem is that the party has been taken over by that awful type of condescending, psuedo-intellectual North Londoner, who sees the rest of the country as an alien planet (apart from Totnes and that hipster bit of Bristol, probably). I absolutely love this thread, reporting back from Bedford and Milton Keynes:

It might sound a bit trite, but the Labour party has to try actually listening to people, understanding people, liking people, admiring people for the lives they lead and the things they do in the places where it wants to win votes.

Thats the momentum narrative. The real issue is that its been taken over by momentum!

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Labour Party on 08:33 - Dec 14 with 1938 viewsgordon

Labour Party on 08:28 - Dec 14 by sparks

Thats the momentum narrative. The real issue is that its been taken over by momentum!

In the olden days, it wasn't just that working-class people looked to the Labour Party to represent them - it was that Labour politicians admired and respected the working-classes. The current momentum lot is basically disgusted by them. And yet still expects their vote.
Labour Party on 08:36 - Dec 14 with 1926 viewslowhouseblue

Labour Party on 08:26 - Dec 14 by gordon

wow that thread reads like some sort of victorian anthropologist describing his encounter with cannibals.

"It might sound a bit trite, but the Labour party has to try actually listening to people, understanding people, liking people, admiring people for the lives they lead and the things they do in the places where it wants to win votes."

you haven't thought of perhaps running for the leadership of the labour party?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Labour Party on 08:49 - Dec 14 with 1898 viewsgordon

Labour Party on 08:36 - Dec 14 by lowhouseblue

wow that thread reads like some sort of victorian anthropologist describing his encounter with cannibals.

"It might sound a bit trite, but the Labour party has to try actually listening to people, understanding people, liking people, admiring people for the lives they lead and the things they do in the places where it wants to win votes."

you haven't thought of perhaps running for the leadership of the labour party?

And that's only Bedford and Milton Keynes. He probably thinks that's 'The North', but imagine if he'd made it to Barnsley or summat.
Labour Party on 09:10 - Dec 14 with 1875 viewsWD19

Labour Party on 08:25 - Dec 14 by artsbossbeard

Need to get a Department of Lies sorted plus a Social Media wizard for next time.

Good thinking. It will make a nice change to get some left leaning content on here in the run up to an election......

More widely, Phillips is the stand out candidate....so watch Momentum spike her.
Labour Party on 09:48 - Dec 14 with 1833 viewsairliner

Emily Thornberry would be ideal as it would keep labour out for years
Labour Party on 10:52 - Dec 14 with 1792 viewsGaryCooper

Labour Party on 08:33 - Dec 14 by gordon

In the olden days, it wasn't just that working-class people looked to the Labour Party to represent them - it was that Labour politicians admired and respected the working-classes. The current momentum lot is basically disgusted by them. And yet still expects their vote.

Absolutely spot on.
Labour Party on 10:54 - Dec 14 with 1785 viewsBackToRussia

Maybe ask the editors of the nation's media.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024