Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We have come to another one of "those" games 08:12 - Dec 14 with 706 viewsmuccletonjoe

The time for beating around the Bush is over. Today Lambert must find a team to take 3 points and injuries permitting stick to it and the formation.
While it might be true that different games require different tactics, it is also undeniable that changing set ups on this scale will never produce or induce a run of good form.
The only time Lambert has ( by accident or otherwise) found a run of results ( if not form) was at the beginning of this season, playing a 442 set up with a fairly settled line up.
He then inexplicably changed all that one night against Wimbledon to 433, which , having gone completely tits up in the first half, was reverted back in the second half in the nick of time to grab 3 points.
It was the beginnings of a slump , which still leaves us second in the table, with a game in hand, but the signs cannot be ignored if we fail to win today, that cushion to the play offs will look alot less comfy .
We have come to another one of "those" games on 08:31 - Dec 14 with 666 viewsTown_Boy

4-4-2 keep it simple

Holy in goal for me

At the end of the day... It is night
Poll: What stand will you be renewing with the new prices

We have come to another one of "those" games on 08:37 - Dec 14 with 654 viewsDurovigutum

Dozzell, Downes, Huws (or Nolan or Bishop) in a midfield three please. These are the best players we have, we should use them.
We have come to another one of "those" games on 08:58 - Dec 14 with 628 viewsTown_Boy

We have come to another one of "those" games on 08:37 - Dec 14 by Durovigutum

Dozzell, Downes, Huws (or Nolan or Bishop) in a midfield three please. These are the best players we have, we should use them.

Dozzell is too light weight I think. He always drifts out the game and becomes non existent. Overrated in my opinion

At the end of the day... It is night
Poll: What stand will you be renewing with the new prices

We have come to another one of "those" games on 09:08 - Dec 14 with 619 viewsmuccletonjoe

We have come to another one of "those" games on 08:58 - Dec 14 by Town_Boy

Dozzell is too light weight I think. He always drifts out the game and becomes non existent. Overrated in my opinion

Play to his strengths and he can be very influential, but too easy to take him out of a game, as seen last week.
We have come to another one of "those" games on 09:55 - Dec 14 with 581 viewslmfcblue

We have come to another one of "those" games on 09:08 - Dec 14 by muccletonjoe

Play to his strengths and he can be very influential, but too easy to take him out of a game, as seen last week.

Yep give him the ball let others do the graft
We have come to another one of "those" games on 11:03 - Dec 14 with 528 viewsWeWereZombies

We have come to another one of "those" games on 08:58 - Dec 14 by Town_Boy

And Bishop is still on his way back from injury, so will need to be gently eased back into, first U23 games and then, the first team squad. Similar story with Sears. So those two will need to be accommodated and that will prevent a fully settled squad. We can also see that Keane and Huws are still not quite up to speed, the much maligned Nsiala may also have been a suspect performer due to pre-season injury as well. Vincent-Young will have to be fitted back into the side at some point. I expect not so much squad rotation as changes due to necessity, and that is before we allow for fresh injuries - and there will be some.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024