Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tweaking one of JM's policies - joke free, cross-party talks. 11:04 - Dec 14 with 885 viewshampstead_blue

I do like some of the ideas. Is the Government allowed to buy shares in a privately listed company?
Maybe a UK Sovereign Wealth Fund which can buy significant shareholdings in the privately run utilities.

That would give the Exchequer a voice and income without having to run it.

1p on base rate of income tax.
2p on >£150k

That wouldn't be noticed and could be ring fenced for things such as free breakfast clubs, biffer defence budget. Two things I'd like to see.

What else form the manifestos could be tweaked?

Play gently......

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Tweaking one of JM's policies - joke free, cross-party talks. on 11:09 - Dec 14 with 855 viewsjeera

Bit late to start trying to play honestly.

You've had plenty of time for that.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Tweaking one of JM's policies - joke free, cross-party talks. on 11:36 - Dec 14 with 833 viewsJ2BLUE

Tweaking one of JM's policies - joke free, cross-party talks. on 11:09 - Dec 14 by jeera

Bit late to start trying to play honestly.

You've had plenty of time for that.

Now his side has won and he realises how much of a bell he's been we're going to get a lot of these 'see, i'm not such a bad guy' threads.

Too late, damage done. We're bored of it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Tweaking one of JM's policies - joke free, cross-party talks. on 13:13 - Dec 14 with 766 viewshampstead_blue

Tweaking one of JM's policies - joke free, cross-party talks. on 11:36 - Dec 14 by J2BLUE

Now his side has won and he realises how much of a bell he's been we're going to get a lot of these 'see, i'm not such a bad guy' threads.

Too late, damage done. We're bored of it.

You're mixing up passion and strong opinion and wicked humour with nastiness.

I'm not the latter, others have shown them to be when they are challenged and have been suitably dealt with by Phil.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Tweaking one of JM's policies - joke free, cross-party talks. on 13:20 - Dec 14 with 754 viewsmonytowbray

This thread will go really well for you, and you deserve every bit of p1ss taking and dismissal you get.

You could just admit you were wrong.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Tweaking one of JM's policies - joke free, cross-party talks. on 13:23 - Dec 14 with 746 viewsJ2BLUE

Tweaking one of JM's policies - joke free, cross-party talks. on 13:13 - Dec 14 by hampstead_blue

I'm not the latter, others have shown them to be when they are challenged and have been suitably dealt with by Phil.

Thanks for your PM.

Wicked humour? It seems that I, and everyone else, have repeatedly missed the humour.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Tweaking one of JM's policies - joke free, cross-party talks. on 13:26 - Dec 14 with 738 viewsmonytowbray

Tweaking one of JM's policies - joke free, cross-party talks. on 13:23 - Dec 14 by J2BLUE

Thanks for your PM.

Wicked humour? It seems that I, and everyone else, have repeatedly missed the humour.

If he was a parody account of your average Tory, I certainly didn’t get it and deserved to be whooshed. But I don’t believe that’s the case.

TWTD never forgets…

Tweaking one of JM's policies - joke free, cross-party talks. on 13:27 - Dec 14 with 735 viewsHerbivore

A blanket income tax rise sounds good on paper but the impact on low earners is disproportionately felt as they are already struggling and can't afford to pay more tax. If we want to be a fair and progressive country we need to rebalance things and that involves those who can most afford it contributing more than they currently are.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Tweaking one of JM's policies - joke free, cross-party talks. on 13:47 - Dec 14 with 718 viewshampstead_blue

Tweaking one of JM's policies - joke free, cross-party talks. on 13:27 - Dec 14 by Herbivore

A blanket income tax rise sounds good on paper but the impact on low earners is disproportionately felt as they are already struggling and can't afford to pay more tax. If we want to be a fair and progressive country we need to rebalance things and that involves those who can most afford it contributing more than they currently are.

Agree that blanket tax rises do touch everyone.

It wouldn't cost much but if it's spent on specific things to help the middle/low income families then they gain disproportionately.

That's the free breakfast thing for a start. It may only cost a few £'s but each child starts the day with a good scoff.

Defence is another. The incomes across all the forces are very poor. They have also had their final salary pension ended which was the main uplift for a low income.

Login to get fewer ads

Tweaking one of JM's policies - joke free, cross-party talks. on 14:01 - Dec 14 with 708 viewsSwansea_Blue

You’ve spent weeks hammering Labour’s tax ideas, so excuse me if I don’t take this seriously.
Try coming back when the shock of 14 million people enabling a racist and increasingly authoritarian government has worn off.

E.g:
A few gems from JC's chat with AN. by hampstead_blue 28 Nov 2019 16:22

12% of income tax comes from 0.01% of the population. 31,000.
Corbyn thinks they will all happily stay and not flee the country.
He's wrong. Many will leave and as such his shortfall will be rather large. This cannot be 'fact checked' but if you can afford the professionals to do it then you would.
It's not beyond the will of man to get yourself set-up in another more favourable regime.
His tax forecasts would be dust = more borrowing.

A pensioner, has a modest pension, state pension, and enjoys income of £2k pa from dividends. Total income 14k.
Currently they pay £9 pa in tax. Under Corbyn it rises by £400.

He wants to ask the Special Forces to 'arrest if possible' terrorists. What does that really mean? Well, he'll put every member of the forces who shoots someone on trial to prove they had no other choice but to shoot to kill.

When talking about national security he failed to mention the words "Islamic extremism".
Do you think he's scared of losing their vote? That's the vote were a senior member of the family/community ticks the Labour box for all those postal votes. He's got form of working with people convicted of that crime....

Nationalisation.
Paid for by replacing equity with Gov bonds. Plus you get the chance for capital growth.
BT shares currently yield 8% or thereabouts. Zero capital growth but it is eroded by inflation if that exceeds the yield.
Gov Bonds yield 0.7%
Investors are nigh on guaranteed NOT to get fair price for the stock.

WASPIE women.
AN conceded to Corbyn the argument that it is wrong to manage this in the way it was.
He still refused to tell us how it would be funded until AN practically grabbed his tie!

Let's all go crazy and vote for life under a rock.

P.S: I know the Tories aren't the cleanest and mess-up often, but I've never heard anything as close to national self-harm as this.

Oh, and the more he smiled at AN the harder AN pressed him.
You can tell us that AN is a Tory, I don't think that would matter tbh. He loves an interview and for years gave Abbot an easy time on his daytime politics show.

Just sayin...... [argue]

Feel much better after a good sleep and no hangover.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Tweaking one of JM's policies - joke free, cross-party talks. on 19:01 - Dec 14 with 660 viewshampstead_blue

Tweaking one of JM's policies - joke free, cross-party talks. on 14:01 - Dec 14 by Swansea_Blue

You’ve spent weeks hammering Labour’s tax ideas, so excuse me if I don’t take this seriously.
Try coming back when the shock of 14 million people enabling a racist and increasingly authoritarian government has worn off.

E.g:
A few gems from JC's chat with AN. by hampstead_blue 28 Nov 2019 16:22

12% of income tax comes from 0.01% of the population. 31,000.
Corbyn thinks they will all happily stay and not flee the country.
He's wrong. Many will leave and as such his shortfall will be rather large. This cannot be 'fact checked' but if you can afford the professionals to do it then you would.
It's not beyond the will of man to get yourself set-up in another more favourable regime.
His tax forecasts would be dust = more borrowing.

A pensioner, has a modest pension, state pension, and enjoys income of £2k pa from dividends. Total income 14k.
Currently they pay £9 pa in tax. Under Corbyn it rises by £400.

He wants to ask the Special Forces to 'arrest if possible' terrorists. What does that really mean? Well, he'll put every member of the forces who shoots someone on trial to prove they had no other choice but to shoot to kill.

When talking about national security he failed to mention the words "Islamic extremism".
Do you think he's scared of losing their vote? That's the vote were a senior member of the family/community ticks the Labour box for all those postal votes. He's got form of working with people convicted of that crime....

Nationalisation.
Paid for by replacing equity with Gov bonds. Plus you get the chance for capital growth.
BT shares currently yield 8% or thereabouts. Zero capital growth but it is eroded by inflation if that exceeds the yield.
Gov Bonds yield 0.7%
Investors are nigh on guaranteed NOT to get fair price for the stock.

WASPIE women.
AN conceded to Corbyn the argument that it is wrong to manage this in the way it was.
He still refused to tell us how it would be funded until AN practically grabbed his tie!

Let's all go crazy and vote for life under a rock.

P.S: I know the Tories aren't the cleanest and mess-up often, but I've never heard anything as close to national self-harm as this.

Oh, and the more he smiled at AN the harder AN pressed him.
You can tell us that AN is a Tory, I don't think that would matter tbh. He loves an interview and for years gave Abbot an easy time on his daytime politics show.

Just sayin...... [argue]

Feel much better after a good sleep and no hangover.

There is a huge difference between my idea and JC's economic suicide.

I'm not a rabid tax cutting, small as possible state Tory. I've said it for ages. I ran a Social Enterprise and work for a charity. I could work for a financial services firm and make double but my job is perfect.
I am pleased that we've seen the back of JC and JM. That was too much.

I'd love a balance. Centre right if you like. The Labour party have always had good ideas and I've said it many times.

Tweaking one of JM's policies - joke free, cross-party talks. on 19:06 - Dec 14 with 650 viewsWD19

Having a commitment in the manifesto specifically not to raise income tax and then raising income tax is probably more than a ‘tweak’.
Tweaking one of JM's policies - joke free, cross-party talks. on 19:46 - Dec 14 with 633 viewsmrshallisfit

Tweaking one of JM's policies - joke free, cross-party talks. on 13:13 - Dec 14 by hampstead_blue

Wicked humour? Must have missed that.
Tweaking one of JM's policies - joke free, cross-party talks. on 19:47 - Dec 14 with 632 viewshampstead_blue

Tweaking one of JM's policies - joke free, cross-party talks. on 19:06 - Dec 14 by WD19

Having a commitment in the manifesto specifically not to raise income tax and then raising income tax is probably more than a ‘tweak’.

I did say I wasn't that type of Tory. It wasn't my manifesto.

Tweaking one of JM's policies - joke free, cross-party talks. (n/t) on 20:03 - Dec 14 with 619 viewsBackToRussia

[Post edited 14 Dec 2019 20:03]

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Tweaking one of JM's policies - joke free, cross-party talks. on 01:46 - Dec 15 with 553 viewsmonytowbray

Tweaking one of JM's policies - joke free, cross-party talks. on 19:47 - Dec 14 by hampstead_blue

I did say I wasn't that type of Tory. It wasn't my manifesto.

What type of Tory are you? As far as I’m concerned you voted in favour of homelessness, child poverty, food banks, cuts to vitally needed public services and a lying xenophobe who has given a voice to fascists into power.

You don’t get to enable those things and then claim it’s not your fault.

TWTD never forgets…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024