Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
He has to go 16:56 - Dec 14 with 3090 viewsBluefish

His overall record here is terrible and we have no plan

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

He has to go on 16:57 - Dec 14 with 2721 viewsTrequartista

Someone has to buy the club to replace him though

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

He has to go on 16:58 - Dec 14 with 2683 viewsBent_double

Plenty of managers out there who would have this team scoring for fun week in and week out.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

He has to go on 16:59 - Dec 14 with 2666 viewsr2d2

He has to go on 16:57 - Dec 14 by Trequartista

Someone has to buy the club to replace him though

Evans and Lambert out. Pair of muppets
He has to go on 17:00 - Dec 14 with 2601 viewsTerry_Nutkins

He has to go on 16:58 - Dec 14 by Bent_double

Plenty of managers out there who would have this team scoring for fun week in and week out.

I think you are kidding yourself.

Anyway. Are we sacking every manager when we have a bad patch? Could we consider not panicking?

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

He has to go on 17:01 - Dec 14 with 2557 viewsBluefish

He has to go on 17:00 - Dec 14 by Terry_Nutkins

Anyway. Are we sacking every manager when we have a bad patch? Could we consider not panicking?

Bad patch? He has been clueless from the start. We finished rock bottom

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

He has to go on 17:02 - Dec 14 with 2535 viewsr2d2

Have we had a good patch then? We were very lucky when we were doing ok earlier in the season
He has to go on 17:02 - Dec 14 with 2500 viewsTrequartista

He has to go on 16:59 - Dec 14 by r2d2

Evans and Lambert out. Pair of muppets

Can’t really sack him in 2nd but no promotion and he is out

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

He has to go on 17:03 - Dec 14 with 2482 viewsjeera

I normally think in comparative parallels to you but I have to say the lack of consistency is confusing.

It's ok to lose some games, or go through a bad patch.

But consistency is key. It's what gets you through the long haul.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

He has to go on 17:04 - Dec 14 with 2446 viewsr2d2

He has to go on 17:02 - Dec 14 by Trequartista

Can’t really sack him in 2nd but no promotion and he is out

He wont be 2nd come the new year.
He has to go on 17:05 - Dec 14 with 2425 viewsBent_double

We can't beat teams in the top 6, so even if we finish in the playoffs I can't see us winning them.

There's just something that's not quite right, whether it's the constant team changes because he doesn't know his best team, or the lack of goal scoring chances we create during games.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

He has to go on 17:06 - Dec 14 with 2380 viewsstewartm

I do not want to over react and I have supported Lambert but after watching that game this team is a mess and it Is a reflection of PL’s work. Our squad is strong (even though some of our players are poor) and overall we have scraped some results and our league position does flatter us some what! It is catching us up now, teams are man marking us and closing us down and we have no answers no urgency and no clue!

Poll: How long will Lamburke survive this season?

He has to go on 17:09 - Dec 14 with 2312 viewsr2d2

He has to go on 17:06 - Dec 14 by stewartm

I do not want to over react and I have supported Lambert but after watching that game this team is a mess and it Is a reflection of PL’s work. Our squad is strong (even though some of our players are poor) and overall we have scraped some results and our league position does flatter us some what! It is catching us up now, teams are man marking us and closing us down and we have no answers no urgency and no clue!

People keep saying our squad is strong. Its big yes, now strong, l dont think so. Powder puff is how l see it.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2019 17:13]
He has to go on 17:09 - Dec 14 with 2312 viewsdepressed

I will wait until the end of the season before I start firing bullets.
Although I do agree it's frustrating.

Kickit

He has to go on 17:11 - Dec 14 with 2247 viewstigglefish1975

I agree totally. We got away with the average performances against the lower league teams, not anymore. We need someone else to steer the ship and stop this chopping and changing
He has to go on 17:13 - Dec 14 with 2207 viewshaynes_toe1

We've been poor on the pitch since he arrived. No better than Hurst really and definitely worse than Mick.
He has to go on 17:15 - Dec 14 with 2186 viewsstewartm

He has to go on 17:09 - Dec 14 by r2d2

People keep saying our squad is strong. Its big yes, now strong, l dont think so. Powder puff is how l see it.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2019 17:13]

Well we have got some average players, I still like Norwood and in front of a better more cohesive team he would have more chances but I agree with what you have posted, perhaps a large squad is our undoing taking into account Lamberts tinkering and bizarre selections

Poll: How long will Lamburke survive this season?

He has to go on 17:24 - Dec 14 with 2101 viewsTerry_Nutkins

He has to go on 17:03 - Dec 14 by jeera

I normally think in comparative parallels to you but I have to say the lack of consistency is confusing.

It's ok to lose some games, or go through a bad patch.

But consistency is key. It's what gets you through the long haul.

I agree on consistency. I've said it all along that I believe Lamberts plan from the start is to rotate up to around Christmas if it keeps working (Its now stopped) bit would then begin to settle into a side for second half of the year which will pay dividends as we should be much fresher then others around us. I'm going to judge him on this and see if that is how it pans out.

Performance today was very different to Cov. Really frustrating but I think our team is still a work in process and i can sort of see what Lambert is trying to do. Evolution i.e. fazing Skuse out for Dozzell etc.

We've stalled now though so I think we'll see some decisive changes. Today was actually quite bold. Makeshift defence has really cost us rather than performance.

He has to go on 17:27 - Dec 14 with 2065 viewsMullet

I disagree, he has to change and that's a more pertinent question.

We have the very few scraps of McCarthy's foundations here still, a raft of players Lambert clearly doesn't want or rate from Hurst and his own signings. Another uncharacteristic change would see a new man adding to a squad already in need of an identity and make the process even more of an ask.

What he needs to do is get January right and make some hard decisions with recruitment. That will yield far greater impact and see us unlikely to carry on this way.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

He has to go on 17:30 - Dec 14 with 2026 viewsurbanblue

He has to go on 17:24 - Dec 14 by Terry_Nutkins

I agree on consistency. I've said it all along that I believe Lamberts plan from the start is to rotate up to around Christmas if it keeps working (Its now stopped) bit would then begin to settle into a side for second half of the year which will pay dividends as we should be much fresher then others around us. I'm going to judge him on this and see if that is how it pans out.

Performance today was very different to Cov. Really frustrating but I think our team is still a work in process and i can sort of see what Lambert is trying to do. Evolution i.e. fazing Skuse out for Dozzell etc.

We've stalled now though so I think we'll see some decisive changes. Today was actually quite bold. Makeshift defence has really cost us rather than performance.

Good post ... There was a lot I liked today and I agree, our makeshift defence cost us at the start.
He has to go on 17:33 - Dec 14 with 2001 viewsWonky

He has to go on 17:02 - Dec 14 by r2d2

Have we had a good patch then? We were very lucky when we were doing ok earlier in the season

Not really, our defence was rock solid and we were lethal on the counter attack.
He has to go on 17:40 - Dec 14 with 1946 viewsKeaneish

Do you realise how ridiculous that shout is?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

He has to go on 17:43 - Dec 14 with 1924 viewspointofblue

I can see why one win and ten would have the pitchforks sharpened but, ironically, I thought that was one of our best performances of the season going forward. Bristol Rovers defended manfully but we did actually create. Defence was a shambles but that's to be expected with a centre midfielder, a youngster and a Lincoln reject across the back line. And left back is hardly Garbutt's preferred position either.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

He has to go on 17:46 - Dec 14 with 1885 viewsTerry_Nutkins

He has to go on 17:02 - Dec 14 by r2d2

i mean a few weeks back we were top with games in hand. Yes, categorically we had a good patch. We're still above where i feared we might be at this stage when season kicked off.

Back to back wins changes the hole picture and if we get 3 points at Wycombe it will be a totally happy camp again.

Lets stick with the team.

He has to go on 17:48 - Dec 14 with 1860 viewsJDB23

He has to go on 17:33 - Dec 14 by Wonky

Not really, our defence was rock solid and we were lethal on the counter attack.

Yep, and that whole structure hindered on one player. Also teams are now just happy to sit back and watch us pass it around the centre circle because they have worked out we are hopeless in possession. We haven't adapted, Lambert doesn't know how.
He has to go on 17:49 - Dec 14 with 1835 viewsmonytowbray

A thread mostly full of trolls trying to troll or out-troll each other.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024