Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another defeat, this time to 10 men 17:08 - Dec 14 with 4542 viewsMullet

Nothing doing since Rochdale away.

First it was Lambert, then it was Judge, then it was home form and a few more in between those, what next are we going to hear people cling to as our intangible saviour? How about picking vaguely the same team where possible for two fcuking games running?

I don't blame any individual players by and large, the basics just seem not to be there. I know Gill and Taylor are getting more time in front of the cameras, and I don't begrudge the gestures as much as I do Lambert slating fans for something that hasn't really been there until now.

He's created the sense of negativity and entitlement by making it an issue and serving up that. It's still possible we could go up without hitting our stride, that's how sh1te this league is and the teams in it. But it also makes failure to do so even more unforgivable.

Pompey and Lincoln don't look all that right now, such is the nature of how quickly teams fall away in this league, but even those games look tougher because we are doing the same.

We scored a goal from a lovely move again, but where's the 90 minutes of simple football with those sorts of periods play making the difference? It's a conundrum that needs solving very quickly before we cement ourselves into the middling pack and establish ourselves there for years.

Once the talents are sold what then? Our squad is imbalanced and costly as it is, failure to go up will ensure they go and leave us with what? It seems a scenario more and more likely in the six weeks since Spotland, what a week for us to lose thanks to the wrong kind of momentum too.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Another defeat, this time to 10 men on 17:10 - Dec 14 with 3281 viewsSamWhiteUK

Right let's get one thing straight. We might well have been crap (i don't know) but let's not say we lost to 10 men when all the goals were scored before the sending off. Get a grip.
Another defeat, this time to 10 men on 17:13 - Dec 14 with 3226 viewsurbanblue

Another defeat, this time to 10 men on 17:10 - Dec 14 by SamWhiteUK

Right let's get one thing straight. We might well have been crap (i don't know) but let's not say we lost to 10 men when all the goals were scored before the sending off. Get a grip.

We were not crap at all. Played well for good chunks of the game,

I wonder how many moaning on here actually watched the match.
Another defeat, this time to 10 men on 17:13 - Dec 14 with 3219 viewsMullet

How do you work that one out, they finished the game with 10 men, and we lost. Does the advantage not count for the large chunk of the game when we needed to score?

Another defeat, this time to 10 men on 17:14 - Dec 14 with 3206 viewscbower

Can't question what you say but we created almost naf all in the 17 minutes after the sending off. Prevaracating over the Georgiou substitution after the sending off showed total indecision on Lambert's part. Giving him a fouple of minutes is just nonsense

bluescouser

Another defeat, this time to 10 men on 17:16 - Dec 14 with 3178 viewsSamWhiteUK

Another defeat, this time to 10 men on 17:13 - Dec 14 by Mullet

How do you work that one out, they finished the game with 10 men, and we lost. Does the advantage not count for the large chunk of the game when we needed to score?

So just how late would they have to have had 10 men for you to have classed it as 'losing against 11 men'? Just so I know for future reference. Thanks
Another defeat, this time to 10 men on 17:16 - Dec 14 with 3176 viewsurbanblue

Another defeat, this time to 10 men on 17:14 - Dec 14 by cbower

Can't question what you say but we created almost naf all in the 17 minutes after the sending off. Prevaracating over the Georgiou substitution after the sending off showed total indecision on Lambert's part. Giving him a fouple of minutes is just nonsense

I thought we lost something when Dozzell went off for Judge. Up til then thought we played quite well other then the awful defending for the goals.
Another defeat, this time to 10 men on 17:17 - Dec 14 with 3161 viewsMullet

Another defeat, this time to 10 men on 17:13 - Dec 14 by urbanblue

I'd say going 2-0 down in the manner and time we did was definitely a chunk where we were crap. So can't agree with the "at all" part whatsoever, but as above we produced some decent moves and again they didn't count for anything because of the multitude of issues we seem to be having.

Another defeat, this time to 10 men on 17:19 - Dec 14 with 3128 viewsMullet

Another defeat, this time to 10 men on 17:16 - Dec 14 by SamWhiteUK

So just how late would they have to have had 10 men for you to have classed it as 'losing against 11 men'? Just so I know for future reference. Thanks

If they finished with 10 men then we never lost to 11, the game is played for 90 minutes. Seems Lambert isn't the only one struggling with that of late.

No one is disputing they scored with 11 men on the field, so I'm wondering what the chuff you're trying to mitigate here.

Login to get fewer ads

Another defeat, this time to 10 men on 17:26 - Dec 14 with 3046 viewsSamWhiteUK

Another defeat, this time to 10 men on 17:19 - Dec 14 by Mullet

If they finished with 10 men then we never lost to 11, the game is played for 90 minutes. Seems Lambert isn't the only one struggling with that of late.

No one is disputing they scored with 11 men on the field, so I'm wondering what the chuff you're trying to mitigate here.

So if they had a man sent off in the last minute of added time, would he have lost to 10? Ha! What a joke.

They were down to 10 for just over 1/8 of the game. Sorry, forgot that every game that has a man sent off has goals then FLYING in constantly from the team with 11, every 12 minutes.

"What the chuff" I'm disputing is your terrible attempt at analysis of a performance
Another defeat, this time to 10 men on 17:28 - Dec 14 with 3033 viewsChrisd

You say Pompey and Lincoln don't look all that right now, but I bet they can't wait to face us currently. We look a side lacking ideas, struggle to create clear-cut chances, appear alien to each other and simply a team of individuals not on the same wavelength. Even with my blue tinted specs on I have thought for a while that we aren't a top 2 side as we have been fortunate at times to get the results needed to keep us in that lofty position because our general play simply hasn't been good enough. The chat about the 'quality and depth' of our squad is just nonsense, we just have more players than most teams in this league and that's the truth. I suspect that we won't even be top 6 come the turn of the New Year and I'm not convinced that PL has the managerial and tactical nous to address the issues we have, which sadly have been mainly of his own making as he has tried to be too cute with formations and team selections. Being a Town fan is so frustrating!
[Post edited 14 Dec 2019 17:35]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Another defeat, this time to 10 men on 17:31 - Dec 14 with 3002 viewsMullet

Another defeat, this time to 10 men on 17:26 - Dec 14 by SamWhiteUK

So if they had a man sent off in the last minute of added time, would he have lost to 10? Ha! What a joke.

They were down to 10 for just over 1/8 of the game. Sorry, forgot that every game that has a man sent off has goals then FLYING in constantly from the team with 11, every 12 minutes.

"What the chuff" I'm disputing is your terrible attempt at analysis of a performance

If we'd have lost to a team getting a man sent off in the last minute I'd not have suggested it was as significant as today when we were piling forward and failing to create an equaliser let alone a winner with such an obvious advantage.

I think you've failed to read my analysis given what the OP says, and just stuck to a terrible point. No team who has a player sent off starts a game with 10 men, so it'd be a bit weird to suggest we need to clarify how badly we were section by section of a game as you're suggesting.

Another defeat, this time to 10 men on 18:08 - Dec 14 with 2918 viewsVaughan8

Least with the rotation we have loads of match fit players.......and now we're out the cup it's certain promotion.......Haha

Not won since 5th November is slightly worrying. How we are still 2nd shows how p!ss poor this league is. So many draws!
Another defeat, this time to 10 men on 18:09 - Dec 14 with 2905 viewsMullet

Another defeat, this time to 10 men on 18:08 - Dec 14 by Vaughan8

Least with the rotation we have loads of match fit players.......and now we're out the cup it's certain promotion.......Haha

Not won since 5th November is slightly worrying. How we are still 2nd shows how p!ss poor this league is. So many draws!

In fairness we've won at Lincoln at the death in the cup and on penalties in the Checkatrade in that period.

Draws are what did for Sunderland and Ross ultimately, look at the mess they appear to be in still.

Another defeat, this time to 10 men on 18:18 - Dec 14 with 2832 viewsBlueBadger

Ah, the first Improved Performance of the season.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Another defeat, this time to 10 men on 18:31 - Dec 14 with 2787 viewsLankHenners

We didn’t play well at all, just had lots of the ball as they sat back and let us have it. Their ‘keeper only made one save of note and even that was pretty central. Too many poor individual performances but collectively they looked clueless which comes back to the manager.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Another defeat, this time to 10 men on 19:17 - Dec 14 with 2681 viewslongtimefan

Another defeat, this time to 10 men on 18:31 - Dec 14 by LankHenners

We didn’t play well at all, just had lots of the ball as they sat back and let us have it. Their ‘keeper only made one save of note and even that was pretty central. Too many poor individual performances but collectively they looked clueless which comes back to the manager.

I thought we played well for the 10 minutes either side of half-time but not much more than that.
Another defeat, this time to 10 men on 19:24 - Dec 14 with 2655 viewsChrisd

Another defeat, this time to 10 men on 19:17 - Dec 14 by longtimefan

I thought we played well for the 10 minutes either side of half-time but not much more than that.

And that’s us in a nutshell this season.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Another defeat, this time to 10 men on 19:25 - Dec 14 with 2646 viewssparks

Thats a poor argument. Noone ever plays 90 minutes against 10 men. We had a good 20 minutes plus against 10 and created almost nothing in that period.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Another defeat, this time to 10 men on 09:24 - Dec 16 with 2260 viewsSamWhiteUK

Another defeat, this time to 10 men on 19:25 - Dec 14 by sparks

Thats a poor argument. Noone ever plays 90 minutes against 10 men. We had a good 20 minutes plus against 10 and created almost nothing in that period.

No, but plenty of teams go behind vs 10 men. Plenty of teams play against 10 men for more than half a game etc. Just think it's a very poor choice of game to play the "we lost vs 10" card for. Clearly I'm in the minority but it won't change my mind
Another defeat, this time to 10 men on 10:11 - Dec 16 with 2213 viewschicoazul

I like your momentum joke.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Another defeat, this time to 10 men on 11:05 - Dec 16 with 2159 viewsITFC_Forever

Reminds me of the pre-match preview Busy Harry done ahead of the Easter Monday game against Newcastle a couple of years ago when they were last in this division..... the Newcastle fans were full of criticism for their side / manager, despite the fact they were in the automatic spots.

I know how they feel.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Another defeat, this time to 10 men on 11:18 - Dec 16 with 2127 viewswitchdoctor

Another defeat, this time to 10 men on 18:18 - Dec 14 by BlueBadger

Ah, the first Improved Performance of the season.

you enjoyed it then?
Another defeat, this time to 10 men on 11:33 - Dec 16 with 2111 viewsBrixtonBlue

Did you watch the game or are you commenting on the result/highlights? I thought we played very well for most of it and utterly dominated possession. We had lots of presentable chances that we couldn't quite force in. They had way less but managed to score 2 of them.

That we didn't equalise, let alone win, was more by luck than anything IMO. 9 out of 10 times we'd have won that game with that performance.

I came away disappointed and frustrated but not ultimately worried.

I feel like you've been waiting to take Lambert down just like you did with Hurst... because neither were/are Mick. I think it clouds your judgement. While I'm frustrated with the constant changes, I thought the team looked pretty good on Saturday overall, and some of those changes have been forced by injuries.

I understand the frustrations and fears, but as always I think the manager needs to be given a lot more time before the knives come out.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Another defeat, this time to 10 men on 11:52 - Dec 16 with 2092 viewsartsbossbeard

Another defeat, this time to 10 men on 11:33 - Dec 16 by BrixtonBlue

Did you watch the game or are you commenting on the result/highlights? I thought we played very well for most of it and utterly dominated possession. We had lots of presentable chances that we couldn't quite force in. They had way less but managed to score 2 of them.

That we didn't equalise, let alone win, was more by luck than anything IMO. 9 out of 10 times we'd have won that game with that performance.

I came away disappointed and frustrated but not ultimately worried.

I feel like you've been waiting to take Lambert down just like you did with Hurst... because neither were/are Mick. I think it clouds your judgement. While I'm frustrated with the constant changes, I thought the team looked pretty good on Saturday overall, and some of those changes have been forced by injuries.

I understand the frustrations and fears, but as always I think the manager needs to be given a lot more time before the knives come out.

I really didn't get the starting line up - that's the sort of formation you evolve into if you're chasing a game with 15 minutes to go.

We played our best hand too early and got found out early.

Whilst I was extremely critical of PH from day one, PL gets a free(ish) shot this season with failure, and ergo the end to this feel good factor and mutual backslapping, being our inability to get out of this pub league.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2019 11:52]

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Another defeat, this time to 10 men on 13:41 - Dec 16 with 1999 viewsflimflam

I thought on the whole we played well but were 2 down before we had got used to yet another formation.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024