Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert 17:12 - Dec 14 with 6489 viewsHerbivore

Those who have been in favour, convince me he's the man for the job without making reference to him saying nice things about the fans. Where I'm standing he seems clueless, pretty much Paul Hurst levels of clueless. No shape, no system, no style of play. We're regressing and he shows no signs of being able to address it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lambert on 19:08 - Dec 14 with 1424 viewsChrisd

Lambert on 18:56 - Dec 14 by Swansea_Blue

I saw glimmers of hope in our style last year, even though results didn’t improve over Hurst. It was progressive and enjoyable at times. But January didn’t help and just gave him selection headaches, and that’s got worse this season (although I wasn’t there today).

He almost needs a smaller squad to force him into some consistency- perversely that might help.

I agree Swansea Blue. You could see he was trying to embed a style of play last season, although it had its deficiencies and we lacked a cutting edge. This year, I was expecting us to build on that, look more confident and clinical with it, unfortunately it’s simply not happened. If anything that’s all gone out the window and we’re starting from scratch again, but with what I’m not sure?

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Lambert on 19:48 - Dec 14 with 1378 viewsbackwaywhen

Lambert on 18:42 - Dec 14 by StochesStotasBlewe

He was at his best with Culverhouse alongside him.

Culverhouse was the tactician and Lambert the club mouth piece at Nodge , Lambert is clueless without him !
Lambert on 19:57 - Dec 14 with 1368 viewsjudespiveyg

You don't like him, which is a massive plus for Lambert in my opinion. Also he's not a massive tw4t unlike all the other managers we've had this decade.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

What are you basing your assumption.... on 20:05 - Dec 14 with 1353 viewsBloots

Lambert on 19:57 - Dec 14 by judespiveyg

You don't like him, which is a massive plus for Lambert in my opinion. Also he's not a massive tw4t unlike all the other managers we've had this decade.

….that he isn't a massive tw@t on?

Have you spoken to any of the players?

I'd reserve judgment if I were you.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Lambert on 20:09 - Dec 14 with 1344 viewsSomethingBlue

The current run is giving cause for concern but it is premature and harsh to suggest he should go at this point. If we start falling behind the automatic promotion places then I agree it would need looking at because there is a terrifyingly large amount at stake this season. What he does have to do is get us on another streak of good results sharpish otherwise things won't be looking pretty.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Lambert on 20:22 - Dec 14 with 1323 viewsKeaneish

Lambert on 17:14 - Dec 14 by Herbivore

Your down arrow isn't convincing me, Keaneish.

Ha! No down arrows from me tonight Herbs. I’m in the same boat as you on this one. We said 2-months ago we need a settled side and we’re still waiting for it. I can take a few defeats if this is our system and we stick to it. Settled system, we win the league; simple as that. We’re far too good for sides technically - no idea why we’re over complicating it; Rovers were unbelievably ordinary.

The game was won and lost in their wide areas and our full back positions today. If this is the side that starts next week at Pompey, we need to defend a lot better.

We lost the game as we looked disjointed trying to find our feet. Had no issues with the line-up (other than Skuse at RB who did OK at times). It’s just yet another system....

5-3-1-1 for Rovers is how I saw it. There’s one for PL to try!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Lambert on 20:27 - Dec 14 with 1309 viewsFelstow1978

A few seasons' (relative) success with Norwich ... and then what ... ? Hardly a serial achiever.

Poll: Isn't it time that HRH Shesgotmyballsinherhand stops feeling the need to preach?

Lambert on 20:47 - Dec 14 with 1270 viewspowinswitch

Whilst we started the season fantastically in terms of results, I have worried about just about every performance. Wimbledon was a perfect example, where we were terrible but stumbled on 3 points with the last 15 mins glossing over abject football. I don’t see a system, I don’t see creativity, and whilst his PR is champions league, his tactical nous during games, his constant changing of players and systems from game to game, and the lack of creativity on the pitch is non league. He appears out of his depth to me, without Culverhouse
Login to get fewer ads

Lambert on 21:31 - Dec 14 with 1240 viewsPilgrimblue

I saw glimmers of hope in our style last year, even though results didn’t improve over Hurst. It was progressive and enjoyable at times. But January didn’t help and just gave him selection headaches, and that’s got worse this season (although I wasn’t there today).

He almost needs a smaller squad to force him into some consistency- perversely that might help.

I agree 100% with Herb. The results at start were based on defence holding firm and scoring just enough. Now with team/formation changes the players seem confused.
It’s said that we’ve got a strong squad, well that’s not being borne out over last few weeks. Surely someone in Lamberts team can see what’s going wrong! He doesn’t like our views so perhaps he doesn’t listen (bit like MM).
A point that was made before is that last season PL results were worse than PH. It was crazy to play Skuse at RB , if PL wanted him in the team then play him were he’s most effective. At that point with Donacian unfit he could have gone for 352 and play with just Keane (he did well) and Nowood up front.
Lambert on 21:33 - Dec 14 with 1231 viewsbadadski

stage thing that is clear, that LAmbert has no control over what so ever, is that he has inherited a whole host of crap defenders. He can’t come out and say that with no no replacements but his team selections speak volumes. In fairness I agree, I wouldn’t trust Kenlock, NSiala, Donacien or even Cotter to keep out pub strikers.

He has no replacements so is trying better players out of position just to keeps these players out.

Garbutt is having to play left back when we were winning all of our games with him mostly as a balanced left winger as doesn’t trust Kenlock who I agree is not good at all.

Toto is a peno a game gieveaway and red card waiting to happen similar to Diala, Santos mould.

Cotter is not a first team player and against Coventry we can see probably won’t be and Donacien although Ill is an ok defender but when gets past half way line looks like Cole Skuse in front of goal and a rabbit in the headlights.

If lambert doesn’t get a couple of defenders in January to cover Vincent- young who is the biggest miss ever and a possible left back or centre back we will continue to struggle.

Only thing I am looking forward too is sears and Garbutt in the same team on the left.
Both can now defend and both can attack and interchange thanks to McCarthy drilling a lot of anti attacking play and defensive cover into sears and making him track back. This will solve our left side problem. Right is an issue to Vincent - young injured and need to be addressed with a loan.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2019 21:39]
Lambert on 21:40 - Dec 14 with 1210 viewspointofblue

Lambert on 21:31 - Dec 14 by Pilgrimblue

I agree 100% with Herb. The results at start were based on defence holding firm and scoring just enough. Now with team/formation changes the players seem confused.
It’s said that we’ve got a strong squad, well that’s not being borne out over last few weeks. Surely someone in Lamberts team can see what’s going wrong! He doesn’t like our views so perhaps he doesn’t listen (bit like MM).
A point that was made before is that last season PL results were worse than PH. It was crazy to play Skuse at RB , if PL wanted him in the team then play him were he’s most effective. At that point with Donacian unfit he could have gone for 352 and play with just Keane (he did well) and Nowood up front.

If we played 3-5-2 with Skuse in his rightful position, who's the third centre back?

And you'd drop Jackson even though he was our most creative players on there, made the goal and could have easily created another?

Edited: Who's, not whose.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2019 21:52]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Lambert on 21:50 - Dec 14 with 1195 viewsPilgrimblue

Lambert on 21:40 - Dec 14 by pointofblue

If we played 3-5-2 with Skuse in his rightful position, who's the third centre back?

And you'd drop Jackson even though he was our most creative players on there, made the goal and could have easily created another?

Edited: Who's, not whose.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2019 21:52]

You’re right so play KJ out wide as that’s where he’s most dangerous with Garbutt on left and then have Dozzy and Fynne in centre. Ok that means Toto is in back but at least he knows his role.
Lambert on 21:54 - Dec 14 with 1192 viewspointofblue

Lambert on 21:50 - Dec 14 by Pilgrimblue

You’re right so play KJ out wide as that’s where he’s most dangerous with Garbutt on left and then have Dozzy and Fynne in centre. Ok that means Toto is in back but at least he knows his role.

He might know his role but he hasn't been able to play it since he arrived. As Herbivore has continually pointed out, every time we've started with 3-5-2 we've had to change it. And are you advocating Jackson as right wing back?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Lambert on 23:31 - Dec 14 with 1124 viewsHerbivore

Lambert on 19:57 - Dec 14 by judespiveyg

Is that all you've got? Seriously?

Lambert on 23:34 - Dec 14 with 1116 viewsjeera

Lambert on 23:31 - Dec 14 by Herbivore

Is that all you've got? Seriously?

This poster was 6 years old a decade ago.*

But it's never stopped him knowing more than everyone else.

It's a fair shout to not give them the vote in a way.

*True to my knowledge.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Lambert on 08:40 - Dec 15 with 1012 viewsjudespiveyg

Lambert on 23:34 - Dec 14 by jeera

This poster was 6 years old a decade ago.*

But it's never stopped him knowing more than everyone else.

It's a fair shout to not give them the vote in a way.

*True to my knowledge.

Yeah it was a stupid comment, I was p1ssed off last night and TWTD probably wasn't the smartest place to go when I knew there'd be threads that annoyed me further. My bad.

Minus points for research though, I'll have you know I was 7 a decade ago (which obviously makes a great deal of difference)

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Lambert on 11:59 - Dec 16 with 913 viewsBrixtonBlue

Lambert on 17:29 - Dec 14 by Herbivore

1990s Man United rarely changed formation. We change formation nearly every week.

I'm close to saying pull the trigger. I know that seems extreme with us second in the league but it's clear he hasn't got a clue what he's doing and I can't see what he's meant to be building. We've got 2 wins in 8, 9 points from those fixtures, in a really poor league that our squad should be too good for.

Pull the trigger?! Similar to Hurst?! Have you taken leave of your senses? I thought you were one of the more sensible posters. I can only assume you've started early on the eggnog.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Lambert on 12:01 - Dec 16 with 910 viewsHerbivore

Lambert on 11:59 - Dec 16 by BrixtonBlue

Pull the trigger?! Similar to Hurst?! Have you taken leave of your senses? I thought you were one of the more sensible posters. I can only assume you've started early on the eggnog.

Care to provide a counter argument? I'm looking for reasons to think he's competent as it goes but so far nobody has provided any.

Lambert on 12:58 - Dec 16 with 891 viewshaynes_toe1

Lambert on 11:59 - Dec 16 by BrixtonBlue

It would be a brave decision but probably the right one.
Lambert on 13:01 - Dec 16 with 885 viewsBiGDonnie

I'd like to say a bit of stability to the club, the players seem to buy into him and he has a good relationship with ME.

Saying that, we do seem to be going backwards, and I think we'll need some solid results soon otherwise the unrest will grow rapidly making ti even harder to get back into the Championship.

It may only be a blip, and a win could see us kick back on with a bit of momentum. Fingers crossed.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Lambert on 14:26 - Dec 16 with 847 viewsBrixtonBlue

Lambert on 12:01 - Dec 16 by Herbivore

Care to provide a counter argument? I'm looking for reasons to think he's competent as it goes but so far nobody has provided any.

See my views on Saturday's game in mullet's thread. Overall though, while I too am frustrated by the constant changes, we are still second and playing good stuff at times. I never advocate sacking a manager this early (except in extreme circumstances), but given where we are and the need for stability, it would be crazy to sack him now.

He's been there and done it before at this level. We just need a little more patience and trust IMO. Top 2 is what we need, and that's where we are.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Lambert on 14:32 - Dec 16 with 839 viewsGlasgowBlue

I have to say that it’s becoming increasingly clear that he is tactically naive and doesn’t have the ability to make key decisions that can change a game when it’s going against us.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Lambert on 14:33 - Dec 16 with 833 viewsHerbivore

Lambert on 14:26 - Dec 16 by BrixtonBlue

See my views on Saturday's game in mullet's thread. Overall though, while I too am frustrated by the constant changes, we are still second and playing good stuff at times. I never advocate sacking a manager this early (except in extreme circumstances), but given where we are and the need for stability, it would be crazy to sack him now.

He's been there and done it before at this level. We just need a little more patience and trust IMO. Top 2 is what we need, and that's where we are.

I'll have a look at your other post. For me the good stuff is very few and far between this season and I haven't seem any real signs of progress under Lambert. He's not done anything in a year to really earn my trust in him as a competent manager and I'm starting to think he's a busted flush. I'm not getting the bedsheets out yet but I'm miles away from being convinced that he's the man to take us forward.

Lambert on 14:36 - Dec 16 with 827 viewsSwansea_Blue

Lambert on 14:32 - Dec 16 by GlasgowBlue

I have to say that it’s becoming increasingly clear that he is tactically naive and doesn’t have the ability to make key decisions that can change a game when it’s going against us.

Will you stop banging on about Jeremy bloody Corbyn!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Lambert on 14:42 - Dec 16 with 816 viewsGlasgowBlue

Lambert on 14:36 - Dec 16 by Swansea_Blue

Will you stop banging on about Jeremy bloody Corbyn!

Who? Never heard of him.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024