Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any danger of Nolan imposing himself on a game? 17:25 - Dec 14 with 2248 viewsportmanking

Gutless, spineless, one-paced.

Do we REALLY have an embarrassment of riches in midfield? Dobra deserves just as much of a go in my opinion.
Any danger of Nolan imposing himself on a game? on 18:35 - Dec 14 with 2174 viewsScuzzer

Blame it on squad rotation....he showed today he clearly doesn't know who his team mates are or what colour shirts they play in.

Established 1968

Any danger of Nolan imposing himself on a game? on 18:39 - Dec 14 with 2151 viewsmonytowbray

That header he missed in the second half :S

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Any danger of Nolan imposing himself on a game? on 19:24 - Dec 14 with 2090 viewssparks

I think Nolan is a problem.

He doesnt make things happen in the final third, gamble, beat a player or make a run. he stands off takign safe options. Dozzell does that but does it better.

Need someone prepared to go beyond rather than turn back and lay it off.

He has no physical presence either- so doesnt win headers. And has no particular pace.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Any danger of Nolan imposing himself on a game? on 19:44 - Dec 14 with 2044 viewslongtimefan

Any danger of Nolan imposing himself on a game? on 19:24 - Dec 14 by sparks

He doesnt make things happen in the final third, gamble, beat a player or make a run. he stands off takign safe options. Dozzell does that but does it better.

He has no physical presence either- so doesnt win headers. And has no particular pace.

He also seems to often be totally stationary and as a consequence has no anticipation and is totally reactive.
Any danger of Nolan imposing himself on a game? on 19:46 - Dec 14 with 2037 viewshampstead_blue

Teddy Bishop.
Drop a shoulder, ghost past a player.....bang.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Any danger of Nolan imposing himself on a game? on 19:52 - Dec 14 with 2013 viewsSwansea_Blue

I remember this time last year, when we were all clutching for straws, the big hope was that he and Toto would be top class players for this league.

TWTD.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Any danger of Nolan imposing himself on a game? on 21:10 - Dec 14 with 1916 viewspatrickswell

Any danger of Nolan imposing himself on a game? on 19:46 - Dec 14 by hampstead_blue

Teddy Bishop.
Drop a shoulder, ghost past a player.....bang.

Teddy Bishop

Drop a shoulder, dislocates it....out for 3 months*

*7 months
Any danger of Nolan imposing himself on a game? on 21:13 - Dec 14 with 1902 viewsEly_Blue

You really should stop the Dozzell love in, he isn’t worthy of a place in the team

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Login to get fewer ads

Any danger of Nolan imposing himself on a game? on 21:52 - Dec 14 with 1832 viewsChateauWines

I actually had Nolan down as our best player today. Never stopped running and chasing. Missed a couple true.

Poll: CRUMPETS- What to put on?

Any danger of Nolan imposing himself on a game? on 22:01 - Dec 14 with 1821 viewsPJH

Any danger of Nolan imposing himself on a game? on 21:52 - Dec 14 by ChateauWines

I actually had Nolan down as our best player today. Never stopped running and chasing. Missed a couple true.

I thought a Bristol Rovers supporter had posted that, I thought Nolan was our worst player.

Opinions eh?
Any danger of Nolan imposing himself on a game? on 01:44 - Dec 15 with 1658 viewsmonytowbray

Any danger of Nolan imposing himself on a game? on 22:01 - Dec 14 by PJH

I thought a Bristol Rovers supporter had posted that, I thought Nolan was our worst player.

Opinions eh?

Somehow I thought Skuse had an okay game when he drifted back into his habit position around the half way line. I don’t think our strikers had a bad one, but by the time they fired up they had parked
Le bus.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Any danger of Nolan imposing himself on a game? on 07:50 - Dec 15 with 1578 viewssparks

Any danger of Nolan imposing himself on a game? on 21:13 - Dec 14 by Ely_Blue

You really should stop the Dozzell love in, he isn’t worthy of a place in the team

He played well yesterday. But with a static Nolan, there is not enough going on ahead of him.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Any danger of Nolan imposing himself on a game? on 07:50 - Dec 15 with 1576 viewssparks

Any danger of Nolan imposing himself on a game? on 21:52 - Dec 14 by ChateauWines

Theres rather more to football than running and chasing!

Any danger of Nolan imposing himself on a game? on 07:52 - Dec 15 with 1571 viewsMrTown

I’d like to see Idris El Mizouni in the team. The most natural no.10 we have, Nolan is a nice footballer but is rather ineffective sometimes.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Any danger of Nolan imposing himself on a game? on 08:11 - Dec 15 with 1554 viewsTractorWood

Any danger of Nolan imposing himself on a game? on 18:39 - Dec 14 by monytowbray

That header he missed in the second half :S

Just said that on another thread. Absolutely unforgivable.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Any danger of Nolan imposing himself on a game? on 09:00 - Dec 15 with 1485 viewspatrickswell

Any danger of Nolan imposing himself on a game? on 19:52 - Dec 14 by Swansea_Blue

I remember this time last year, when we were all clutching for straws, the big hope was that he and Toto would be top class players for this league.

TWTD.

It says a lot that the vibe about Nolan was that he was producing his best football in February/March when relegation was virtually assured and the pressure was off.
Any danger of Nolan imposing himself on a game? on 09:14 - Dec 15 with 1466 viewsDubtractor

I can't comment on yesterday as I wasn't there, but I've criticised him several times on here. I struggle to think of what he really offers us, in some games he has just gone missing, or worse than that has repeatedly given the ball away.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Any danger of Nolan imposing himself on a game? on 10:36 - Dec 15 with 1414 viewsitfcjoe

He is always the one that lands on the ball in good positions in the final third - I guess that is to do with his role, but also because he is a very intellignet footballer with good movement into pockets of spaces.

But he is so safe. He needs to be told to take risks, try and pick out balls, have more shots etc.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Any danger of Nolan imposing himself on a game? on 11:13 - Dec 15 with 1373 viewsEly_Blue

Any danger of Nolan imposing himself on a game? on 07:50 - Dec 15 by sparks

Theres rather more to football than running and chasing!

well at least the rest of the midfield do 2 things that I've never seen Dozzell do, the only running he seems to do is away from the ball.

he was poor yesterday as he is in most games where I have seen him play.

He cant take the ball to feet as he cant hold off a challenge, he cant get into space as he has no pace to do so, if his position is supposed to be a deep laying playmaker then surely its time he showed up in games and wanted the ball to be able to influence games

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Any danger of Nolan imposing himself on a game? on 11:29 - Dec 15 with 1334 viewsBrixtonBlue

WTF?! Nolan was terrible. I thought he'd put the wrong boots on with all the misplaced passes, and that missed header was shocking for a professional footballer.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024