Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grant McCann or Gareth Ainsworth 20:08 - Dec 14 with 1216 viewsCopfordBlue

Would get far, far more out of our squad. We’d be well clear at the top with a better manager. We are second despite him not because of him.

Two questions:

If he left would we attract a better manager? I’d say yes

If he left would he get a better job? Not a chance.

[Post edited 14 Dec 2019 21:00]

Poll: Most enjoyable calendar year as an Ipswich supporter

John Ward, Grant McCann or Gareth Ainsworth on 20:19 - Dec 14 with 1173 viewsGarv

Guesswork.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

John Ward, Grant McCann or Gareth Ainsworth on 20:28 - Dec 14 with 1155 viewsCopfordBlue

John Ward, Grant McCann or Gareth Ainsworth on 20:19 - Dec 14 by Garv

Guesswork.

It’s an opinion. They’ve all got far more out of the resources they have than Lambert.

Poll: Most enjoyable calendar year as an Ipswich supporter

Grant McCann or Gareth Ainsworth on 21:29 - Dec 14 with 1030 viewsTerry_Nutkins

To your questions i would say 1st one. debatable but probably not.

2nd question: He'd get a champ gig or even something like Scotland job next time around.

McCann and Ainsworth would be taking same decision as Hurst based on hype of the moment. If we were down in L1 2 seasons ago your post would be same but say Hurst.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Grant McCann or Gareth Ainsworth on 21:57 - Dec 14 with 996 viewsBent_double

What's Chris Houghton upto at the moment?

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Grant McCann or Gareth Ainsworth on 22:22 - Dec 14 with 943 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Someone on the radio suggested Ferguson from Peterboro.

Would much rather see Ainsworth if we were making a change. He has done remarkable things with Wycombe.

However, we should be careful what we wish for. The last time we appointed a manager with short term success in League 1 it didn't work out that well.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Grant McCann or Gareth Ainsworth on 22:30 - Dec 14 with 931 viewspointofblue

Grant McCann or Gareth Ainsworth on 22:22 - Dec 14 by Nthsuffolkblue

Someone on the radio suggested Ferguson from Peterboro.

Would much rather see Ainsworth if we were making a change. He has done remarkable things with Wycombe.

However, we should be careful what we wish for. The last time we appointed a manager with short term success in League 1 it didn't work out that well.

If we decide to sack Lambert we need to bring in a manager with prolonged success at League One level or higher if possible, and someone who's been able to sustain it over a longer period.

Evans has never hired a manager whose already been in a job so, at the moment, I'd probably go for Nigel Adkins.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Grant McCann or Gareth Ainsworth on 22:38 - Dec 14 with 893 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Grant McCann or Gareth Ainsworth on 22:30 - Dec 14 by pointofblue

If we decide to sack Lambert we need to bring in a manager with prolonged success at League One level or higher if possible, and someone who's been able to sustain it over a longer period.

Evans has never hired a manager whose already been in a job so, at the moment, I'd probably go for Nigel Adkins.

And again here is a pattern that hasn't worked. Jewell, Keane, McCarthy and Lambert have all had success in the past (some more prolonged than others and if the other criteria is out of work it will not be untainted success). This has not worked either.

We need to find a manager with the right mix of qualities to work with our players and budget. That is regardless of how experienced or inexperienced they are. For now, I would favour sticking with Lambert but I accept the jury is very much still out on him.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Grant McCann or Gareth Ainsworth on 23:17 - Dec 14 with 821 viewsbournemouthblue

Have you seen how Wycombe play?

It's like MM on steroids

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Login to get fewer ads

Grant McCann or Gareth Ainsworth on 23:21 - Dec 14 with 808 viewsBent_double

Grant McCann or Gareth Ainsworth on 23:17 - Dec 14 by bournemouthblue

It's like MM on steroids

Sadly, if it's a case of win/lose 4-3 every week but stay in L1, or win ugly 1-0 but get promoted, I think it needs to be the latter right now.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Grant McCann or Gareth Ainsworth on 09:12 - Dec 15 with 626 viewstractorboy1978

Grant McCann or Gareth Ainsworth on 23:21 - Dec 14 by Bent_double

Sadly, if it's a case of win/lose 4-3 every week but stay in L1, or win ugly 1-0 but get promoted, I think it needs to be the latter right now.

The latter is how we started the season. We've begun to concede goals lately though.
Grant McCann or Gareth Ainsworth on 09:32 - Dec 15 with 608 viewsDubtractor

Grant McCann or Gareth Ainsworth on 23:17 - Dec 14 by bournemouthblue

It's like MM on steroids

We should never appoint a manager like Ainsworth.

Seems like a decent bloke, but christ they play horrible football. And whilst they are having the season of their lives under him, this isn't the norm.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2019 9:35]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Grant McCann or Gareth Ainsworth on 10:24 - Dec 15 with 558 viewsstrikalite

Grant McCann or Gareth Ainsworth on 09:32 - Dec 15 by Dubtractor

We should never appoint a manager like Ainsworth.

Seems like a decent bloke, but christ they play horrible football. And whilst they are having the season of their lives under him, this isn't the norm.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2019 9:35]

But they're playing in a way that get results with the players they have, as Lambert says it's all about winning football matches, various ways of doing it but you find the best way with the players you have...

The only time we hate ugly football is when it isn't winning.
Grant McCann or Gareth Ainsworth on 10:28 - Dec 15 with 555 viewsblueconscience

Keep kidding yourselves that yet another new manager would fix the state that the club finds itself in!!

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024