Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manager effect on a rivalry 20:27 - Dec 14 with 1096 viewsBluefish

Had a manager ever helped one club so much and ruined another so badly in the history of football??

Took norwich for L1 to the Premier League
Took Ipswich to L1 and seemingly will keep us there.

Possibly 'arry when for Saints and Pompey?

If I was an inbred I would be crowd funding a statue at their ground

Our lot are still starstruck by him though

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Manager effect on a rivalry on 20:30 - Dec 14 with 1068 viewsGarv

We're on a run of 4 games without a win and you're saying we look set to stay in League One?

I'm not saying we will go up - we have no right to - but have a word.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Manager effect on a rivalry on 20:31 - Dec 14 with 1066 viewsSomethingBlue

He needs to get us back on track for sure but the field day you are having with this betrays that it's all about making sure you are proved right and nothing else.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Manager effect on a rivalry on 20:32 - Dec 14 with 1054 viewspointofblue

Manager effect on a rivalry on 20:30 - Dec 14 by Garv

We're on a run of 4 games without a win and you're saying we look set to stay in League One?

One win in ten in all competitions.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Manager effect on a rivalry on 20:35 - Dec 14 with 1032 viewsBluefish

Manager effect on a rivalry on 20:31 - Dec 14 by SomethingBlue

He needs to get us back on track for sure but the field day you are having with this betrays that it's all about making sure you are proved right and nothing else.

So just so I know you can laud him up for little and dismiss anyone who disagrees but when everything they say becomes apparent they cant mention it? Very similar to the Mick situation I suppose. How many can you be wrong on because it clicks?

Manager effect on a rivalry on 20:36 - Dec 14 with 1016 viewsBluefish

Manager effect on a rivalry on 20:30 - Dec 14 by Garv

We were abysmal last season and we have been marginally better this season. Surely you can see that we were in a very fortunate position and it was never going to last? We have no style, no direction and no clue

Manager effect on a rivalry on 20:44 - Dec 14 with 965 viewshaynes_toe1

Even worse than them lot building a statue, it appears from a general look on social media and the web 90% of their fanbase have simply forgotten we exist.
Manager effect on a rivalry on 20:59 - Dec 14 with 908 viewspatrickswell

Just on your point, Paul Jewell’s work at Bradford meant we had to sell Kieron Dyer, which worked out well 12 months later but what a shame that he never played in the Premier League with us. His subsequent work at Wigan (allied with McCarthy’s work at Sunderland) condemned us to 13 years of drift and stagnation in the Championship and more prized assets leaving here.

Then he came, talked in many of the same terms about what was possible here as Paul Lambert has done, but utterly failed to realise any of it or even half of it. Spooked our owner to the extent that the thought of going out and spending 7 figure sums was completely ruled out under his successor. He may be the one I resent most out of him, Keane and Hurst because he damaged us in three different ways.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024