Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cole Skuse 20:28 - Dec 14 with 2915 viewsGarv

All I ever hear about this man is that he is a cultured, classy footballer who has a great range of passing. Why can't he cross a ball?

It occurred to me today that no one in our side, apart from maybe Garbutt, can be trusted to strike the ball off the floor with any kind of force. We're powder puff.

We miss Chambers hugely I think. He was a bit part of our excellent record of clean sheets early on, and they've very much dried up, albeit he hasn't been out for long. As much as Woolfenden is very promising and Wilson has been a pleasant surprise, they're not perfect.

I liked the three strikers in principle, but Jackson and Norwood were often wasted, despite of course combining for the goal. If we had any decent wide players we'd have been better off playing them ahead of Jackson and/or Norwood, but very sadly we don't. Keane played well.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Cole Skuse on 16:21 - Dec 16 with 296 viewsHerbivore

Cole Skuse on 16:09 - Dec 16 by Garv

He’s a better finisher than Norwood and yet Norwood has more goals. That is because Norwood gets more chances. I also don’t post every thought on here so it’s not to say I haven’t criticised Norwood. I replied to a comment about Jackson by someone else.

I take your point about assists, but I do think he’s wasteful at times too.

With Judge I just think he’s worth persisting with because we know what he has in his locker. He’s been poor and yet that doesn’t mean he hasn’t delivered. I think bringing him on was a bit of a desperate move because it didn’t suit us, I’d rather have kept Dozzell on.

Fair enough. I just find it odd that you criticise our most productive and effective attacking player quite frequently whilst defending players who make far less of a positive contribution.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Cole Skuse on 16:30 - Dec 16 with 289 viewsGarv

Cole Skuse on 16:20 - Dec 16 by blueislander

“He’s been poor and yet that doesn’t mean he hasn’t delivered” that it a contradiction. Care to explain?

Poor by his standards, definitely. Lacked goals, yes.

He has improved us when coming into games at times though, and provided a few assists. All I’m saying is that he has played his part, it’s just not been as big a part as we or he expected him to play.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Cole Skuse on 16:32 - Dec 16 with 288 viewsPJH

Cole Skuse on 16:30 - Dec 16 by Garv

He has improved us when coming into games at times though, and provided a few assists. All I’m saying is that he has played his part, it’s just not been as big a part as we or he expected him to play.

Agree with that although I am still hopeful that he will be a major contributor to our season.

I assume we are talking about Judge or have I got that wrong?
Cole Skuse on 21:09 - Dec 16 with 254 viewsHerbivore

Cole Skuse on 16:30 - Dec 16 by Garv

He's rarely contributed. Far, far more rarely than Jackson.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024