Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Again, today illustrates what frustrates me most about Town. 22:00 - Dec 14 with 1152 viewshomer_123

Silly goals conceded...further changes to the line up but all that aside.

Look at our goal for a minute...go and really watch it. We CAN play football, we really are extremely capable. We have a central defender who turned two players inside out on the left wing for crying out loud.

That goal followed by the majority of second half, notably after they were down to 10 men...is us all over. We can play really decent stuff but more often than not....we don't.

It's bloody frustrating.

Lambert must decide what our approach is going to be because at the moment we don't have an identity...there is no consistent approach, that more than anything is something he must address immediately.

Oh, that and delivering set balls that beat the first man.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Again, today illustrates what frustrates me most about Town. on 22:41 - Dec 14 with 1073 viewsGarv

The second half was painful IMO.

I think we'll struggle to properly create until we find someone who can beat his man and go past people.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Again, today illustrates what frustrates me most about Town. on 22:43 - Dec 14 with 1061 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Again, today illustrates what frustrates me most about Town. on 22:41 - Dec 14 by Garv

I think we'll struggle to properly create until we find someone who can beat his man and go past people.

I think we have players that CAN do that (even Skuse did towards the end didn't he?). However, I think we don't take players on in the right areas of the pitch often enough.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Again, today illustrates what frustrates me most about Town. on 22:54 - Dec 14 with 1016 viewsdavblue

Again, today illustrates what frustrates me most about Town. on 22:43 - Dec 14 by Nthsuffolkblue

I think we have players that CAN do that (even Skuse did towards the end didn't he?). However, I think we don't take players on in the right areas of the pitch often enough.

I have to disagree, there wasn’t one player who could drag a player out of their position by beating their one on one opponent.

It’s all very samey in the side at the moment.
Again, today illustrates what frustrates me most about Town. on 22:54 - Dec 14 with 1016 viewspointofblue

Again, today illustrates what frustrates me most about Town. on 22:41 - Dec 14 by Garv

I think the first 20 minutes of the second half was ok though not as good as the first half; we really started to struggle after Judge came on for Dozzell.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Again, today illustrates what frustrates me most about Town. on 22:57 - Dec 14 with 996 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Again, today illustrates what frustrates me most about Town. on 22:43 - Dec 14 by Nthsuffolkblue

The only player who can do that is Teddy Bishop

But he is never fit

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Again, today illustrates what frustrates me most about Town. on 22:59 - Dec 14 with 987 viewshomer_123

Again, today illustrates what frustrates me most about Town. on 22:54 - Dec 14 by pointofblue

I think the first 20 minutes of the second half was ok though not as good as the first half; we really started to struggle after Judge came on for Dozzell.

Yep...we did. Judge was all over the pitch (position?) But created very little. Shame as he should be superb at this level.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Again, today illustrates what frustrates me most about Town. on 22:59 - Dec 14 with 983 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Again, today illustrates what frustrates me most about Town. on 22:54 - Dec 14 by davblue

I have to disagree, there wasn’t one player who could drag a player out of their position by beating their one on one opponent.

Those that have the skill to would be:

Georgiou (didn't play long but doesn't seem to do it enough)
Keane (rarely does but I think he has the skill to)
Garbutt (didn't today but has done so at times)
KVY (unavailable today but usually does do it)
Edwards (unavailable today but should be able to and again doesn't try it often enough)
Where would Judge, Dozzell and Rowe sit in these terms too?

Maybe we don't have enough players with the ability to but I also think those who do have don't try it often enough.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Again, today illustrates what frustrates me most about Town. on 04:55 - Dec 15 with 830 viewsBlue_Moses

Again, today illustrates what frustrates me most about Town. on 22:54 - Dec 14 by davblue

No movement either, our midfield and strikers are stationery
Login to get fewer ads

Again, today illustrates what frustrates me most about Town. on 05:26 - Dec 15 with 810 viewsMrTown

Again, today illustrates what frustrates me most about Town. on 04:55 - Dec 15 by Blue_Moses

No movement either, our midfield and strikers are stationery

This. This right here is our problem and has been for years.

I don’t think Lambert has coached anything since he has been here. He’s a good man motivator, played at the highest level and all that, not a coach though.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Again, today illustrates what frustrates me most about Town. on 07:51 - Dec 15 with 718 viewstractorboy1978

The difference between now and the early part of the season is we are conceding (soft) goals. In the league we've had five 1-0 wins. We've not been scoring many goals.
Again, today illustrates what frustrates me most about Town. on 07:52 - Dec 15 with 716 viewssparks

Again, today illustrates what frustrates me most about Town. on 22:54 - Dec 14 by pointofblue

This. Judge sucked any life out of our midfield by slowing everything down.

He really isnt going to come good imo.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Again, today illustrates what frustrates me most about Town. on 08:10 - Dec 15 with 696 viewsTractorWood

One of the most frustrating games I can remember. We have seemingly hours of ponderous possession. We were far too narrow yesterday. Dozzell was his usual passenger. Neat and tidy where it doesn't matter but nothing in the final third. Garbutt, Judge and Skuse must have had 20 crosses between them that didn't beat the first man.

Peak frustration was Nolan's header 5 yards out. He could have taken a touch but ends up heading it 20 feet over the bar. Unbelievable.

Opponents know how to play us at home. Let us have the ball and pass it sideways and in pleasant triangles whilst they defend with two narrow banks of five. Then when they get a chance, break with speed very directly and punish our weak defence. Waste time, frustrate us and try to break up play cynically. Absolute masterclass is sh!thousery yesterday by Bristol Rovers.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Again, today illustrates what frustrates me most about Town. on 09:07 - Dec 15 with 620 viewsArnieM

Bishop ....... if only he was fit and could stay fit .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Again, today illustrates what frustrates me most about Town. on 09:18 - Dec 15 with 591 viewsjimmyvet

Again, today illustrates what frustrates me most about Town. on 09:07 - Dec 15 by ArnieM

Bishop ....... if only he was fit and could stay fit .

I am just hoping PL has got a plan and it was to use the whole squad constantly keep rotating and to be in touch come January. From this point he then knows his best 11 and plays them when we can and he also has some funds to freshen up areas that we are clearly weak in.

I am not holding my breath and our current firm is a real concern, do we still believe PL has got this or are we heading for a long new year.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024