Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kayden Jackson 09:11 - Dec 15 with 2996 viewsHerbivore

It's really weird how some people just won't shift from the view they formed of him last season, when he struggled stepping up two divisions. I often see him singled out for criticism and frequently see people dropping him when discussing our best XI. I just don't get it.

I've seen a few criticising him after yesterday's game when he got an excellent assist and ought to have had at least one more after a couple of other dangerous balls in. Across the 90 minutes he was easily our biggest attacking threat. Yet he's being singled out by some.

Over the season he's got 7 goals and 6 assists, for someone who people frequently target for having a poor all round game he sure creates a lot of chances and goals. In League 1 only three players have been directly involved in more goals than Jackson, the three lads at Peterbrough. That's not the contribution of an under performing player or someone who should be dropped. Far from it. Add in he's about the only player we have worn genuine pace as well.....

Of course he can be frustrating at times. His touch is hit and miss and he's not great with his back to goal. If those things were better he wouldn't be playing for us, and I imagine every quick forward outside the Prem gets the same kind of criticism.

So cut the kid some slack, yeah? He's been one of our best players this season and deserves to be a regular in the side.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2019 9:28]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Kayden Jackson on 09:20 - Dec 15 with 2335 viewsPJH

I think he is having a good season this season, certainly more impressive than Norwood.

Jackson did look to me to be out of his depth when used last season but now that he is at a lower level he is looking much brighter.

If (now an if from me rather than when) we return to where we should be at the end of this season he may well be of more use to us in The Championship next time than he was last time.
Kayden Jackson on 09:20 - Dec 15 with 2335 viewsChrisd

It's even harder for KJ when he's not getting the supply from those behind him and is having to do a lot of the work himself to create anything. He's been one of our consistent performers this season.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Kayden Jackson on 09:38 - Dec 15 with 2289 viewsStokieBlue

Spot on.

The attitudes of some on here are baffling and don't seem to be rooted in evidence.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Kayden Jackson on 09:41 - Dec 15 with 2277 viewsHerbivore

Kayden Jackson on 09:38 - Dec 15 by StokieBlue

Spot on.

The attitudes of some on here are baffling and don't seem to be rooted in evidence.

SB

It's really bizarre. Some of these posters see the likes of Judge, who has been a huge disappointment, as being beyond criticism whilst simultaneously slating Jackson pretty regularly. It's almost like they have something against players who make a contribution to the side.

Kayden Jackson on 09:57 - Dec 15 with 2212 viewsKeaneish

Kayden Jackson on 09:41 - Dec 15 by Herbivore

It's really bizarre. Some of these posters see the likes of Judge, who has been a huge disappointment, as being beyond criticism whilst simultaneously slating Jackson pretty regularly. It's almost like they have something against players who make a contribution to the side.

Jackson has been excellent and one of our most consistent performers. He was even a pretty good ball boy yesterday too.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Kayden Jackson on 09:59 - Dec 15 with 2203 viewsSwailsey

Spot on.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Kayden Jackson on 10:01 - Dec 15 with 2197 viewsBluefish

He has been a positive for me. He is definitely improving and growing in confidence and the ability is starting to show. He is still a long way off the price tag but that has gone now and we need to just get some use for him. Still definitely can't play as a lone striker though. A really decent song for him would increase that belief and get the best from him

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Kayden Jackson on 10:09 - Dec 15 with 2176 viewsTractorCam

Yep, very weird.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Login to get fewer ads

Kayden Jackson on 10:12 - Dec 15 with 2165 viewsDarth_Koont

Agreed. As you say, he's got his flaws re: control and strength to win balls and retain possession but his pace and his ability to go wide and put in decent crosses are seemingly underrated.

There's no doubt that he's our most important (and consistent) attacking player at the moment. Even if that might say just as much about how the rest of the attack often stutters and how the midfield can struggle to link up with the forwards effectively.

Pronouns: He/Him

Kayden Jackson on 10:16 - Dec 15 with 2149 viewsArnieM

Agree with to Herb. I’m looking forward to seeing what damage he and Freddie Sears can do together .... starting at Pompey hopefully.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Kayden Jackson on 10:21 - Dec 15 with 2132 viewsHerbivore

Kayden Jackson on 09:57 - Dec 15 by Keaneish

Jackson has been excellent and one of our most consistent performers. He was even a pretty good ball boy yesterday too.

That's a few times we've agreed lately, I'm getting worried.

Kayden Jackson on 10:23 - Dec 15 with 2124 viewsHerbivore

Kayden Jackson on 10:01 - Dec 15 by Bluefish

He has been a positive for me. He is definitely improving and growing in confidence and the ability is starting to show. He is still a long way off the price tag but that has gone now and we need to just get some use for him. Still definitely can't play as a lone striker though. A really decent song for him would increase that belief and get the best from him

To be honest if he keeps on scoring and assisting at this rate for the rest of the season we'd easily sell him for more than the £1.75m we paid for him.

Kayden Jackson on 10:27 - Dec 15 with 2106 viewsMullet

Fleetwood summed him up for me. Took an awkward finish really well to core, misses a penalty. We still don't seem to know how to use him or supply him.

Lambert clearly wanted Norwood up top and KJ forced his way in and maybe the medium term impact is what we have now, but I still think he should have been moved into a Sears type wide forward to cover the deficit we have out there and keep Lambert's preferred system.

We'd probably not have seen the mess we have this month if we had.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Kayden Jackson on 10:28 - Dec 15 with 2105 viewsitfcjoe

And people still can't seem to shift to the view that he'd work well as a wide striker, he is a really intelligent footballer when out wide - gets his crosses in and picks people out.

Yesterday he set the goal up (which was a bit lucky as an exceptional cross on wrong foot), had the pull back for Nolan/Keane, the cross that Norwood headed to the keeper from 6 yards, the ball that basically went across the goal line just needing a touch and the header back to Nolan who looped it over.

He was a clear MotM as is contributing a lot. A front 3 with him one side and Sears the other will be elctric, and if we are away and need it a bit tighter then an Edwards or a Judge on other flank will give great balance.

If he, and we, commit to him as a wide striker he is the sort of player that could get a big move

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Kayden Jackson on 10:29 - Dec 15 with 2099 viewsLankHenners

What was most promising about his performance yesterday, I thought, was that it looked like he could play the wide forward role in a 433 well. Just a shame the manager will probably never set us up properly to make the most of that.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Kayden Jackson on 10:30 - Dec 15 with 2090 viewstractorboy1978

Kayden Jackson on 10:27 - Dec 15 by Mullet

Fleetwood summed him up for me. Took an awkward finish really well to core, misses a penalty. We still don't seem to know how to use him or supply him.

Lambert clearly wanted Norwood up top and KJ forced his way in and maybe the medium term impact is what we have now, but I still think he should have been moved into a Sears type wide forward to cover the deficit we have out there and keep Lambert's preferred system.

We'd probably not have seen the mess we have this month if we had.

Our best results have come with a 4-4-2 and Jackson/Norwood up top though.
Kayden Jackson on 10:34 - Dec 15 with 2071 viewsMullet

Kayden Jackson on 10:30 - Dec 15 by tractorboy1978

That's true, but they're starting to look a long time ago already and Lambert's tactical inability in game etc. has cost us. Hence why I said it seems to be a short term benefit we've also not played well but got results so maybe it was a masking effect to some extent.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Kayden Jackson on 10:46 - Dec 15 with 2025 viewstractorboy1978

Kayden Jackson on 10:34 - Dec 15 by Mullet

That's true, but they're starting to look a long time ago already and Lambert's tactical inability in game etc. has cost us. Hence why I said it seems to be a short term benefit we've also not played well but got results so maybe it was a masking effect to some extent.

To me, we just seem far too disjointed and lacking in shape in a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3. When we were playing 4-4-2 we didn't have the "best" players all out on the pitch necessarily but we had round pegs in round holes, looked balanced and we were far more solid if not spectacular. KVY is a huge miss, he was looking to be a big driving force for us from RB. I think we need to get back to basics:

Holy

Donacien Chambers Wolf Kenlock

Edwards Downes Nolan Garbutt

Jackson Norwood
Kayden Jackson on 11:26 - Dec 15 with 1964 viewsArnieM

Kayden Jackson on 10:46 - Dec 15 by tractorboy1978

To me, we just seem far too disjointed and lacking in shape in a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3. When we were playing 4-4-2 we didn't have the "best" players all out on the pitch necessarily but we had round pegs in round holes, looked balanced and we were far more solid if not spectacular. KVY is a huge miss, he was looking to be a big driving force for us from RB. I think we need to get back to basics:

Holy

Jackson Norwood

Agree with that but would have Garbutt at LB and Sears wide on the right.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Kayden Jackson on 11:29 - Dec 15 with 1947 viewsreusersfreekicks

Kayden Jackson on 10:01 - Dec 15 by Bluefish

Yep a decent song for him would transform him into Ronaldo overnight!
Kayden Jackson on 11:40 - Dec 15 with 1927 viewspointofblue

Holy

Jackson Norwood

We were disjointed and lacking shape in a 4-4-2. We were grinding out results but generally looked unimpressive and our lack of opportunities would have come back and bite us then.

4-3-3 resulted in a great half of football at Coventry and a strong 60 minutes yesterday, bar the chronic defending for the two goals. Stick with the formation, let the players get used to it, let the understanding between players grow. Chopping and changing formations on a whim is not going to help us moving forward.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Kayden Jackson on 11:45 - Dec 15 with 1912 viewsDarth_Koont

Kayden Jackson on 10:30 - Dec 15 by tractorboy1978

How much was that to do with other teams still finding their feet and our better individuals could profit?

I'm a little bit worried that we still don't really have 11 players and a formation that anyone can point to with any conviction.

I've got Holy/Norris, Woolfenden, Donacien (KVY when he's back), Garbutt somewhere on the left, Downes and Jackson. After that, it seems we're all guessing, PL included.

It also doesn't surprise me that our away results are so much better. In that scenario where the home side tends to force the play, we get a formation and an approach by default.

Pronouns: He/Him

Kayden Jackson on 11:49 - Dec 15 with 1902 viewsStokieBlue

Holy

Jackson Norwood

Kenlock and Edwards shouldn't play.

Being solid without any style is going to see us get battered if we go up.

This isn't the way to go about this season in my opinion.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Kayden Jackson on 11:50 - Dec 15 with 1899 viewsreusersfreekicks

Kayden Jackson on 11:40 - Dec 15 by pointofblue

We were disjointed and lacking shape in a 4-4-2. We were grinding out results but generally looked unimpressive and our lack of opportunities would have come back and bite us then.

4-3-3 resulted in a great half of football at Coventry and a strong 60 minutes yesterday, bar the chronic defending for the two goals. Stick with the formation, let the players get used to it, let the understanding between players grow. Chopping and changing formations on a whim is not going to help us moving forward.

4-4-2 leaves centre mid all too often outnumbered and overun. We have no decent wide players but in Garbutt and KVY very good attacking full backs. So i am for 4-3-3 with defensive mids covering the forward runs of full backs
Kayden Jackson on 11:55 - Dec 15 with 1877 viewsPJH

Kayden Jackson on 11:49 - Dec 15 by StokieBlue

Kenlock and Edwards shouldn't play.

Being solid without any style is going to see us get battered if we go up.

This isn't the way to go about this season in my opinion.

SB

They should be nowhere near a first choice starting team.

It is a problem because our eleven best players at the moment do not include any natural wide players and certainly no wingers.
Putting Kenlock in a starting team can only be because he is our only natural LB but wasting Garbutt a bit in that position is a better option than playing Kenlock.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024