Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Comparison 12:40 - Dec 15 with 668 viewspowinswitch

a personal view. McCarthy came when we were then at our lowest ebb, turned things round massively, and then almost took us up. Things then started to slowly fade, and his football became effective, dull but would no doubt have seen us in the championship even now. I was glad he went, and would have stopped going had he seen out his contract.

Lambert arrived when we were in a similar position. He went down without much of a whimper, and despite a fantastic start to the season, is delivering generally poor performances, lacks a defined system and team selection, and is doing all that in a league where we have significantly greater resources than our competitors.

I think lambert needs to quickly find a settled team, an attractive and effective football style, or I’ll be listening to more talk of be careful of what you wish for.
Comparison on 12:58 - Dec 15 with 630 viewsWickets

Dont think you have this quite right. Cant remember for sure and not going to bother to look it up but i dont think we were about the 10 points adrift when Mick came in as we were i think when Paul took over ? Also think Mick almost saw his contract out as he only had about 3 games to go >
Comparison on 13:04 - Dec 15 with 611 viewspointofblue

Comparison on 12:58 - Dec 15 by Wickets

Dont think you have this quite right. Cant remember for sure and not going to bother to look it up but i dont think we were about the 10 points adrift when Mick came in as we were i think when Paul took over ? Also think Mick almost saw his contract out as he only had about 3 games to go >

We were five points adrift when both McCarthy and Lambert took over.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Comparison on 13:25 - Dec 15 with 570 viewsBLUEBEAT

Comparison on 13:04 - Dec 15 by pointofblue

McCarthy inherited a pretty decent squad.

Lambert inherited an incredibly poor squad.

Poll: W or W

Comparison on 13:38 - Dec 15 with 549 viewsWickets

Comparison on 13:04 - Dec 15 by pointofblue

Maybe i should have looked it up then !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024