Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chelsea v Bournemouth 13:53 - Dec 15 with 355 viewsfabian_illness

Unfortunately missed the loss to Bristol yesterday as had the chance to take oldest son to Chelsea.
He’s always had a soft spot for Bournemouth, so when the tickets came up I couldn’t refuse.
Was a real trek, left at 1100, decided to drive in, probably a mistake but it gave me a chance to show my 15 year old son some of the sights as we zig-zagged across the city.
Using my tried and tested method we found a parking spot half a mile away and walked in.
Missed the first 7 minutes!
Beautiful stadium, a lot different to how I remembered it, lots of helpful stewards, lots of police around.
We were in with the home fans, good spot in the Matthew Harding lower.
The first thing you notice about the game is the quality of the players, ball control, pass accuracy, movement, it all looked so much easier than our own boys in blue.
The speed with which the game is played is also so so noticeable.
The game was a bit of a stalemate, Bournemouth playing compact and deep and looking to break, Chelsea trying to pass through them but the frustration was showing with long diagonal balls that we often see at Portman Rd.
Have to say the atmosphere was non existent, maybe frustration at the lack of success for the home side. The crowd were no less demanding than our own with lots of criticism being voiced.
Had my first real life experience of VAR, no one in the stadium has a clue what’s going on, there’s no explanation or indication other than the screen. There was lots of speculation, lots of shouting, lots of arm waving but everyone is just glued to that screen waiting for someone miles away to make a decision.
Game deserved a draw, was a big win for Bournemouth.
Walked back past some of the most expensive houses in the country, couldn’t help but check Rightmove this morning!
Got home at 2030. The boy thoroughly enjoyed his day out.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024