Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tories threaten beeb over bias 19:27 - Dec 15 with 2337 viewsreusersfreekicks

By decrimminalising nin payment of the license fee and refusing to appear on the Today programme.
More sub-Trump stirring from Cummings. Anyone seen the mail, sun and express recently?
How very one nation
Shameful tricksters and charlatans in charge of our country.
Well done voters
Tories threaten beeb over bias on 20:04 - Dec 15 with 1675 viewsGeoffSentence

Funny thing is I thought that The Today Program was a bit of a cheerleader for BoJo. Nick Robinson seemed to constantly be reminding us to ;Get Brexit Done'.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Tories threaten beeb over bias on 20:14 - Dec 15 with 1652 viewsjeera

Tories threaten beeb over bias on 20:04 - Dec 15 by GeoffSentence

Funny thing is I thought that The Today Program was a bit of a cheerleader for BoJo. Nick Robinson seemed to constantly be reminding us to ;Get Brexit Done'.

You would think it would be a potential slap in the face for those crying out we were on the verge of being state governed had Labour been elected.

When the fecking BBC is being threatened by the government over what content they choose to provide and how they serve it.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2019 21:27]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Tories threaten beeb over bias on 20:16 - Dec 15 with 1647 viewsMullet

The biggest defeat of the Left since the 1930's
A populist xenophobe in charge
The media being threatened and suppressed
"One Nation" government

Hmmmmmmm

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Tories threaten beeb over bias on 20:17 - Dec 15 with 1641 viewsBent_double

There was a drama on the Beeb a few months ago, "Years and Years" I think it was called, which followed a family through increasing political turmoil in the 2020's and 2030's.

At one point the BBC loses it's Royal Charter and is shut down after being accused of anti-government bias.

Mmm, maybe it wasn't a drama after all...I mean, it's not like satellite TV companies - such as Sky - would benefit if the BBC wasn't able to charge a license fee, for example.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Tories threaten beeb over bias on 20:21 - Dec 15 with 1610 viewsjeera

Tories threaten beeb over bias on 20:17 - Dec 15 by Bent_double

There was a drama on the Beeb a few months ago, "Years and Years" I think it was called, which followed a family through increasing political turmoil in the 2020's and 2030's.

At one point the BBC loses it's Royal Charter and is shut down after being accused of anti-government bias.

Mmm, maybe it wasn't a drama after all...I mean, it's not like satellite TV companies - such as Sky - would benefit if the BBC wasn't able to charge a license fee, for example.

Again, it is typical privatisation by stealth.

Pick a fight that doesn't necessarily exist and invent a solution.

Job done.

Tories threaten beeb over bias on 20:25 - Dec 15 with 1592 viewsWD19

If Lewis Hamilton pips Ben Stokes to SPOTY than binning the Royal Charter is fair game.
Tories threaten beeb over bias on 20:28 - Dec 15 with 1573 viewsjeera

Tories threaten beeb over bias on 20:25 - Dec 15 by WD19

If Lewis Hamilton pips Ben Stokes to SPOTY than binning the Royal Charter is fair game.

Despite the 'incident'?

Or doesn't that count if one is a cricket fan?

Tories threaten beeb over bias on 20:40 - Dec 15 with 1518 viewsSteve_M

Tories threaten beeb over bias on 20:04 - Dec 15 by GeoffSentence

Sarah Sands is the editor, she was also the editor of the Standard when it ran an islamophobic attack piece on Sadiq Khan.

It's not like Today had provided much scrutiny anyway, been reluctant to get beyond soap opera politics and John Humphreys let his leave bias dominate (unlike Andrew Neill for example, in favour of Brexit but not of giving politicians an easy time).

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

Tories threaten beeb over bias on 20:44 - Dec 15 with 1489 viewssparks

Tories threaten beeb over bias on 20:40 - Dec 15 by Steve_M

Sarah Sands is the editor, she was also the editor of the Standard when it ran an islamophobic attack piece on Sadiq Khan.

It's not like Today had provided much scrutiny anyway, been reluctant to get beyond soap opera politics and John Humphreys let his leave bias dominate (unlike Andrew Neill for example, in favour of Brexit but not of giving politicians an easy time).

Aldi-Trump.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Tories threaten beeb over bias on 21:12 - Dec 15 with 1428 viewspatrickswell

Tories threaten beeb over bias on 20:28 - Dec 15 by jeera

Despite the 'incident'?

Or doesn't that count if one is a cricket fan?

The ‘incident’ was him punching out some people who were threatening a gay couple.
Tories threaten beeb over bias on 21:14 - Dec 15 with 1418 viewsjeera

Tories threaten beeb over bias on 21:12 - Dec 15 by patrickswell

The ‘incident’ was him punching out some people who were threatening a gay couple.

Actually I was thinking of the one where he had his missus by the throat.

Just a game apparently.

How many times you played that game?

I can say confidently for me it's none.

Tories threaten beeb over bias on 21:18 - Dec 15 with 1398 viewsWD19

Tories threaten beeb over bias on 21:14 - Dec 15 by jeera

Just a game apparently.

To be honest I am a bit worried that if I played the ‘grabbing Ben Stokes wife by the throat game’ he might spark me out, so I have given it a miss.

Worthy winner though. Got my vote.
Tories threaten beeb over bias on 21:23 - Dec 15 with 1377 viewsjeera

Tories threaten beeb over bias on 21:18 - Dec 15 by WD19

To be honest I am a bit worried that if I played the ‘grabbing Ben Stokes wife by the throat game’ he might spark me out, so I have given it a miss.

Worthy winner though. Got my vote.

You'd be fine. It's just a game they play all time.

And you know that's true because they made a few more incidents public afterwards that they happened to capture themselves on camera to prove it.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2019 21:23]

Tories threaten beeb over bias on 21:24 - Dec 15 with 1372 viewspatrickswell

Tories threaten beeb over bias on 21:14 - Dec 15 by jeera

Just a game apparently.

Well, I don’t think that’s the look of a woman in fear for her safety. She looks ready to burst out laughing in fact.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/cricket/ben-stokes-wife-clare-shoot-20539328

She was sending it up the next day as well.
Tories threaten beeb over bias on 21:24 - Dec 15 with 1367 viewsjeera

Tories threaten beeb over bias on 21:24 - Dec 15 by patrickswell

Well, I don’t think that’s the look of a woman in fear for her safety. She looks ready to burst out laughing in fact.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/cricket/ben-stokes-wife-clare-shoot-20539328

She was sending it up the next day as well.

Yes, you tell yourself that.

Tories threaten beeb over bias on 21:33 - Dec 15 with 1341 viewspatrickswell

Tories threaten beeb over bias on 21:24 - Dec 15 by jeera

Yes, you tell yourself that.

*sigh*

I’ve been around this site for 20 years and seen enough of these kinds of disagreements spring up where it descends into semantics until someone gets banned. So I’ll withdraw by leaving a Charles Saatchi neck grab on Nigella Lawson for a compare and contrast.

https://www.indiatoday.in/showbiz/celebrities/story/nigella-lawson-reveals-why-c

Meanwhile, you’d better get on Claire Stokes’s Twitter feed with some domestic abuse links and see how far you get.
Tories threaten beeb over bias on 21:49 - Dec 15 with 1318 viewsjeera

Tories threaten beeb over bias on 21:33 - Dec 15 by patrickswell

*sigh*

I’ve been around this site for 20 years and seen enough of these kinds of disagreements spring up where it descends into semantics until someone gets banned. So I’ll withdraw by leaving a Charles Saatchi neck grab on Nigella Lawson for a compare and contrast.

https://www.indiatoday.in/showbiz/celebrities/story/nigella-lawson-reveals-why-c

Meanwhile, you’d better get on Claire Stokes’s Twitter feed with some domestic abuse links and see how far you get.

Isn't that what they call a false equivalence or something?

Your 'time' spent on this site is of no consequence really. I've been here since 1997. Like that wins me any accolades.

I stand what by what I say. If you and other men, who are more manly than I, think it's normal to grab women by the face, then knock yourself out.

I don't like it and I think when it happens, something is probably wrong.

**As for your breathing problems there mate; you should probably get that looked at.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2019 21:53]

Tories threaten beeb over bias on 22:08 - Dec 15 with 1284 viewsOldsmoker

A post by Bluebeat recently showed a voting map broken down by age.
The younger voters voted Labour.
The younger voters also don't generally get their news from TV.
Older voters do newspapers and TV and BBC radio so even if the Tories blackmail the BBC and CH4 to 'soften' towards the Nasty party, they are not targetting the future generation that will unseat them.
Those borrowed voters from up North will not forget they got cheated by Boris if he doesn't deliver tangible improvements in their lives.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Tories threaten beeb over bias on 08:10 - Dec 16 with 1105 viewsGlasgowBlue

A huge majority is very dangerous in the hands of Johnson/Cummings. That said I’m completely behind decriminalising non payment of the licence fee which sees poor, single parents prosecuted more than most.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Tories threaten beeb over bias on 08:14 - Dec 16 with 1099 viewsDanTheMan

Tories threaten beeb over bias on 08:10 - Dec 16 by GlasgowBlue

A huge majority is very dangerous in the hands of Johnson/Cummings. That said I’m completely behind decriminalising non payment of the licence fee which sees poor, single parents prosecuted more than most.

I'd like to know how the BBC is going to be able to chase people for non-payment though. They are saying it's going to cost that £200m a year which is not an insignificant amount.

I don't trust that this just isn't being done to squeeze the BBC a bit more. It came completely out of nowhere.

Genuinely hate the way this country is going at the moment.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Tories threaten beeb over bias on 08:48 - Dec 16 with 1043 viewsHerbivore

The BBC were cheerleading for the Tories during the GE campaign, I guess perhaps they weren't enthusiastic enough and did occasionally scrutinise the Tories. Worrying times when the government is essentially threatening media outlets that don't fall in line with their desire for the press to be nothing but propaganda for them.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Tories threaten beeb over bias on 08:53 - Dec 16 with 1040 viewsGeoffSentence

Tories threaten beeb over bias on 08:48 - Dec 16 by Herbivore

The BBC were cheerleading for the Tories during the GE campaign, I guess perhaps they weren't enthusiastic enough and did occasionally scrutinise the Tories. Worrying times when the government is essentially threatening media outlets that don't fall in line with their desire for the press to be nothing but propaganda for them.

It is quite clear that this sort of reporting from political correspondent Alex Forsyth

“They have done a relentless focus on Boris Johnson’s promise to take the UK out of the European Union if he wins the majority that he so deserves.”

Was not enthusiastic enough in support of the conservatives and is clear evidence that they are a bunch of left wing lunatics intent on putting Corbyn in number ten.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Tories threaten beeb over bias on 08:58 - Dec 16 with 1021 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Tories threaten beeb over bias on 08:14 - Dec 16 by DanTheMan

I'd like to know how the BBC is going to be able to chase people for non-payment though. They are saying it's going to cost that £200m a year which is not an insignificant amount.

I don't trust that this just isn't being done to squeeze the BBC a bit more. It came completely out of nowhere.

Genuinely hate the way this country is going at the moment.

Surely we can trust the market to give us the fair, balanced and impartial media we require!!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Tories threaten beeb over bias on 09:13 - Dec 16 with 990 viewschicoazul

So funny hearing Labour and the Tories crying over the BBC "bias".

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Tories threaten beeb over bias on 09:17 - Dec 16 with 968 viewschicoazul

Tories threaten beeb over bias on 08:10 - Dec 16 by GlasgowBlue

"Dangerous" is such hyperbole. Johnson is a classical Liberal and a Blairite and his govt's policies will no doubt reflect that. Yes Cummings is a wingnut but dont be surprised to see him gently manoeuvred out the door in the next year or so.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024