Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
442 (diamond) time to stick with it and stop f***ing about 08:52 - Dec 16 with 713 viewsBluefish

Holy

KVY chambers wolf garbutt
Dozzell
Downes bishop
Nolan
Norwood jackson

Norris
Donacien wilson nsiala kenlock
Skuse
Huws el Mizouni
Judge
Keane sears

Skuse and nolan could also cover centre half and centre mid respectively.

Stick to the starting shape and just swap players in as required for injuries and form.

Wingers can be on the bench for mid game shape changes but get rid of Edwards and Georgiou and go with Rowe and Dobra with Lankester and Nydam still to come back
[Post edited 16 Dec 2019 8:52]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

442 (diamond) time to stick with it and stop f***ing about on 08:57 - Dec 16 with 692 viewsitfcjoe

I just don't see that the diamond really suits us - his preferred formation is 4231/433. That's what he played for years before coming here, said is his favoured and started us out playing.....come back to me with your line ups for that style

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

442 (diamond) time to stick with it and stop f***ing about on 09:13 - Dec 16 with 638 viewsBluefish

442 (diamond) time to stick with it and stop f***ing about on 08:57 - Dec 16 by itfcjoe

I just don't see that the diamond really suits us - his preferred formation is 4231/433. That's what he played for years before coming here, said is his favoured and started us out playing.....come back to me with your line ups for that style

I don't think that works for us either. We really dont have the players for it and the lone striker ends up isolated. You need a Daryl Murphy type in that shape or very quick players, the only rapid player is Edwards and he stands on the touchline as a spectator for most of the time.

I would rather see us in the formation i put although Skuse is the more natural player to play the cdm role as he can just drop back to make us 532 to cover the full backs. Dozzell obviously needs to play though to develop.

If we went with you one it would be

Holy

Kvy (donacien) chambers wolf garbutt
Dozzell/skuse
Downes Bishop (Nolan)
Jackson Norwood Sears (Dobra?)

442 (diamond) time to stick with it and stop f***ing about on 09:17 - Dec 16 with 627 viewsGuthrum

442 (diamond) time to stick with it and stop f***ing about on 08:57 - Dec 16 by itfcjoe

That's part of the problem. We fans can't agree on the optimum formation and lineup, either - except that they aren't keen on whichever one is being used now, or that they keep changing.

A symptom of lack of balance within the squad. I think it's fairly clear Lambert would like to play a system with width, but (once again) we don't have any fit and effective wingers/wing-backs who can run with the ball and cross. But he has an excess of CMs (not all of which, admittedly, are particularly in form, either).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

442 (diamond) time to stick with it and stop f***ing about on 09:20 - Dec 16 with 615 viewsBluefish

442 (diamond) time to stick with it and stop f***ing about on 09:17 - Dec 16 by Guthrum

That's part of the problem. We fans can't agree on the optimum formation and lineup, either - except that they aren't keen on whichever one is being used now, or that they keep changing.

A symptom of lack of balance within the squad. I think it's fairly clear Lambert would like to play a system with width, but (once again) we don't have any fit and effective wingers/wing-backs who can run with the ball and cross. But he has an excess of CMs (not all of which, admittedly, are particularly in form, either).

We still have a lot of wide players some of which Lambert signed

Kvy
Donacien
Garbutt
Kenlock

Edwards
Rowe
Georgiou
Judge
Dobra

442 (diamond) time to stick with it and stop f***ing about on 09:29 - Dec 16 with 595 viewsGuthrum

442 (diamond) time to stick with it and stop f***ing about on 09:20 - Dec 16 by Bluefish

We still have a lot of wide players some of which Lambert signed

Kvy
Donacien
Garbutt
Kenlock

Edwards
Rowe
Georgiou
Judge
Dobra

Vincent-Young is injured - otherwise he'd play every match.

Donacien and Kenlock are not so effective going forwards, so Garbutt has to stand in at LB.

Judge is not really a wide player.

Edwards and Rowe are not proving consistently effective.

Dobra and Georgiou are young and inexperienced, haven't made that much impact apart from being "a bit lively".

As we know only too well, managers can hire wide-men all they like, but few seem to turn out that effective or injury-free. McCarthy had the same problem.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

442 (diamond) time to stick with it and stop f***ing about on 10:08 - Dec 16 with 541 viewsMrTown

Only 1 day ago you said a team weak and exposed.

You then put no wingers in and leave Andre Dozzell as our anchor on his own

Knowledge.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

442 (diamond) time to stick with it and stop f***ing about on 10:42 - Dec 16 with 501 viewsBluefish

442 (diamond) time to stick with it and stop f***ing about on 10:08 - Dec 16 by MrTown

Only 1 day ago you said a team weak and exposed.

You then put no wingers in and leave Andre Dozzell as our anchor on his own

Knowledge.

Was it the same team?

As i clearly stated, skuse for Dozzell is the big decision. Andre give was creativity but cole give us strength and cover

442 (diamond) time to stick with it and stop f***ing about on 11:38 - Dec 16 with 448 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

442 (diamond) time to stick with it and stop f***ing about on 09:17 - Dec 16 by Guthrum

Garbutt scores and creates - move him to LM or LWB in a 3 5 2

Kenlock would be lb in a 442 - we must have some one on our books who can cross a ball to a striker from the right other than kvy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024