Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How did Grant Ward do at right back this afternoon? 16:13 - Dec 16 with 2197 viewshoppy

I said during the first half on Saturday that I didn't think it would be a bad move to give him a short term contract til the end of the season, and have him as RB cover - as I thought it would be a better option than playing Skuse there.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

How did Grant Ward do at right back this afternoon? on 16:45 - Dec 16 with 2139 viewsPJH

Don't know the answer to your question but on Saturday I also said that I thought it would be worth adding him (back) to the squad for the rest of the season.
How did Grant Ward do at right back this afternoon? on 16:54 - Dec 16 with 2082 viewshoppy

How did Grant Ward do at right back this afternoon? on 16:45 - Dec 16 by PJH

Don't know the answer to your question but on Saturday I also said that I thought it would be worth adding him (back) to the squad for the rest of the season.

You obviously have a wise head on those young shoulders of yours, sir.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

How did Grant Ward do at right back this afternoon? on 17:05 - Dec 16 with 2040 viewschicoazul

Don't understand why a midfielder/winger who has just been out for 9 months with a cruciate would be a better bet at RB than Skuse.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

How did Grant Ward do at right back this afternoon? on 17:17 - Dec 16 with 2015 viewsRadlett_blue

How did Grant Ward do at right back this afternoon? on 16:45 - Dec 16 by PJH

Lambert doesn't sound remotely interested in offering Ward a contract, but you never know when to take anything he says at face value. It would be yet another player who can play in a few positions for him to rotate!

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

How did Grant Ward do at right back this afternoon? on 17:20 - Dec 16 with 2013 viewsParky

How did Grant Ward do at right back this afternoon? on 17:17 - Dec 16 by Radlett_blue

Lambert doesn't sound remotely interested in offering Ward a contract, but you never know when to take anything he says at face value. It would be yet another player who can play in a few positions for him to rotate!

Grant Ward has been told he will be getting an offer on the table, once he proves his fitness, I expect him to have formally signed in the next week or two.
How did Grant Ward do at right back this afternoon? on 17:24 - Dec 16 with 1987 viewsPJH

How did Grant Ward do at right back this afternoon? on 17:20 - Dec 16 by Parky

Grant Ward has been told he will be getting an offer on the table, once he proves his fitness, I expect him to have formally signed in the next week or two.

Signing him makes sense to me.
How did Grant Ward do at right back this afternoon? on 17:30 - Dec 16 with 1957 viewsRadlett_blue

How did Grant Ward do at right back this afternoon? on 17:24 - Dec 16 by PJH

Signing him makes sense to me.

Sure, given that now that KVY may be out for a long time, the options other than Donacien at RB are Edwards, Skuse or Cotter, offering Ward a contract to the end of the season wouldn't be a bad idea.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

How did Grant Ward do at right back this afternoon? (n/t) on 17:31 - Dec 16 with 1952 viewsTractorCam

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Login to get fewer ads

How did Grant Ward do at right back this afternoon? on 17:31 - Dec 16 with 1952 viewsTractorCam

I would have been a better option as well.

How did Grant Ward do at right back this afternoon? on 17:43 - Dec 16 with 1908 viewsYallop

I think we'll need a couple out of the door before we sign
How did Grant Ward do at right back this afternoon? on 17:57 - Dec 16 with 1873 viewsmonty_radio

How did Grant Ward do at right back this afternoon? on 17:43 - Dec 16 by Yallop

Now you were indeed a right back, sir.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

How did Grant Ward do at right back this afternoon? on 18:04 - Dec 16 with 1849 viewsSwansea_Blue

How did Grant Ward do at right back this afternoon? on 17:43 - Dec 16 by Yallop

Nah, we only need to sign defenders with surnames starting with the letters x, y and z to have the full house!

Agreed. Squad is huge as it is.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

How did Grant Ward do at right back this afternoon? on 19:06 - Dec 16 with 1705 viewscbower

Until his injury, Ward seemed to be firmly in Lambert's early plans. In a 532 he would seem a good shout to replace KVY during his absence. In addition, if he has the confidence, he can be an effective wideman in a 442 as he can beat a man and cross quite well. I wouldn't mind him offered til end of season tbh

bluescouser

How did Grant Ward do at right back this afternoon? on 19:28 - Dec 16 with 1647 viewsTractorCam

How did Grant Ward do at right back this afternoon? on 19:06 - Dec 16 by cbower

Until his injury, Ward seemed to be firmly in Lambert's early plans. In a 532 he would seem a good shout to replace KVY during his absence. In addition, if he has the confidence, he can be an effective wideman in a 442 as he can beat a man and cross quite well. I wouldn't mind him offered til end of season tbh

I'm still scarred from his performance at rwb away to Millwall.

How did Grant Ward do at right back this afternoon? on 19:29 - Dec 16 with 1647 viewsGarv

The fact that we’d be signing him as cover for right back suggests we shouldn’t bother doing it all.

I’d sooner look at signing a decent winger and use Edwards at full back when Donacien or KVY isn’t available.

I also wonder if Woolfenden would have played right back on Saturday if we had more centre halves fit. I doubt he would use Skuse in a 2 at the back and remember Nsiala isn’t fully fit. Between Donacien, Edwards, Woolfenden, and maybe still Skuse if he has someone playing ahead of him, we should be okay, in my opinion.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

How did Grant Ward do at right back this afternoon? on 21:34 - Dec 16 with 1481 viewsNazemariner

We all know that we won’t be signing anyone in January, and are likely to lose a player or to boot.
How did Grant Ward do at right back this afternoon? on 21:37 - Dec 16 with 1462 viewspointofblue

If we want a right back wouldn't it make sense to sign a right back? Rather than shoving another midfielder there?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

How did Grant Ward do at right back this afternoon? on 21:53 - Dec 16 with 1423 viewsWestcountryblue

I think PL is bluffing. While it's understable that the club has shown good will in allowing Ward to get back to full fitness after his injury, there is absolutely no way we would deny one of our own player's development in U23's over giving GW a run out. Like the previous poster mentioned, I think PL is probably assessing his match suitability and whether or not he can immediately contribute before offering terms.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024