Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why? 19:53 - Dec 16 with 562 viewshampstead_blue

Would anyone want to own a football club?

“The money that an owner has put into a club, he’s never going to see that back, unless maybe it goes up [to the Premier League]. But even then I doubt he’ll see that return.”

There may be accountants out there who can explain how he can use the club to offset other gains. Please do, I am pants at accounting.

At face value it seems like an exercise in accounting.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Why? on 19:54 - Dec 16 with 555 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Its a bad investment in most cases.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Why? on 21:11 - Dec 16 with 469 viewsChrisd

Yep, those figures coming out from the club’s AGM puts it all into perspective, makes for a depressing read. I’d like to know how many clubs are in the black in the EPL, bearing in mind that’s where all the serious money is, I bet there’s only a handful.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2019 21:13]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Why? on 21:24 - Dec 16 with 447 viewsJammyDodgerrr

There is zero money in it unless you hit the PL.

And even the using it to offset gains in the other company thing - you have to make a loss to offset it - so you are still losing money.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024