Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ipswich football moment of the decade ? 12:36 - Dec 17 with 2705 viewsFenboyBlue

On the BBC website today there's an article about picking England's football moment of the decade. Got me thinking what could Ipswich's moment be. It was a long think and without googling I eventually remembered Priskin's goal in the League Cup semi with Arsenal, 2011?
Any other suggestions ?
Ipswich football moment of the decade ? on 14:31 - Dec 18 with 396 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Pretty much all from the 2014/15 season:

- Going top on Boxing Day away at Brentford (best game of the decade too)
- Noel Hunt’s winner at Charlton
- Chaplow’s winner at Watford

Beating Arsenal should probably be in there too but for some reason that never got me quite as excited, probably because it was only the first leg

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Ipswich football moment of the decade ? on 14:31 - Dec 18 with 395 viewsITFC_Forever

Chaplow's winner at Watford, by a fair distance.

Brentford away on Boxing Day 2014 probably the next best.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Ipswich football moment of the decade ? on 15:58 - Dec 18 with 362 viewsbraveblue

Ipswich football moment of the decade ? on 13:18 - Dec 17 by Reuser_is_God

Here you go....

Q: I want to focus on the here and now, but it would be remiss of me not to look back on your 11 years of ownership and ask what you would have done differently. Hindsight is obviously a wonderful thing, but what are your biggest regrets? People talk a lot about being top after Boxing Day 2014…

A: The biggest regret then was when Mick (McCarthy) and I sat down and said ‘let’s forget about this Southampton cup tie’, the decision was then made to go for it. As we know we then had the two games, McGoldrick got injured in the second game and it tore apart the rest of the season.

That was a regret that we weren’t a little bit more conservative with our match planning for January that year.

I was looking to spend money to bolster our position, and I did so to a certain extent, but it is worth bearing in mind that I had already that season provided several players with new and increased value contracts to ensure continuity within the squad. That plan had taken us to the top of the league.

We were looking for the right players who were available within the financial parameters I had in place. I am sure Mick would have identified some more targets if millions had been available but we did the best we could in what is a very overpriced transfer window.

If you think about it, we were top, we were doing incredibly well, Daryl (Murphy) was scoring all those goals. We had a settled squad and we wanted to ensure nothing was done which would upset what we had unless it would obviously improve us.

It wasn’t for lack of looking and lack of trying, and we didn’t want to throw out the dynamic of the dressing room and what we’d created.

I know fans find it difficult to understand why we didn’t do something at that time, but it wasn’t ‘we don’t want to do it, forget it’. It was thought through.

What a pathetic response. He did nothing in that window. Cost us promotion. All the losses and increased debt is down to his sheer incompetence.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024