Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forgot we’d missed out on Cat 1 by 0.3% 20:07 - Dec 17 with 2768 viewsBLUEBEAT

That’s extremely harsh.

You’d think there be some kind of compliance threshold where they give you a short period of time to correct.

Nought point three percent.

Poll: W or W

Forgot we’d missed out on Cat 1 by 0.3% on 20:19 - Dec 17 with 2731 viewsArnieM

I think the PL had recruited their quota on non PL Clubs for that season and do “ adjusted” the scoring . It’s s load of bollox this Cat One academy. They make the rules to suit firstly and lastly PL Clubs . Its a rich boys club ( a bit like the Masons) . If your face or bank balance doesn’t fit , you don’t get accepted.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Forgot we’d missed out on Cat 1 by 0.3% on 21:07 - Dec 17 with 2694 viewsBLUEBEAT

Forgot we’d missed out on Cat 1 by 0.3% on 20:19 - Dec 17 by ArnieM

I think the PL had recruited their quota on non PL Clubs for that season and do “ adjusted” the scoring . It’s s load of bollox this Cat One academy. They make the rules to suit firstly and lastly PL Clubs . Its a rich boys club ( a bit like the Masons) . If your face or bank balance doesn’t fit , you don’t get accepted.

Yeah I kinda figured it was something like that.

Despite the fact I’m far from Evans’ biggest fan, I do like how he’s a bit of a black sheep i.e. not part of the ‘old boy’ network. Though that does have a knock-on butterfly effect in relation to how we now navigate the footballing world.

Poll: W or W

Forgot we’d missed out on Cat 1 by 0.3% on 21:19 - Dec 17 with 2679 viewshaynes_toe1

If i'm brutally honest, we'd be better off investing money into taking back some control from Norwich in getting our faces out in public, schools, etc and giving potential young recruits something to think about.

Just getting Cat 1 will make little difference when Norwich's infrastructure is massively better than ours and with now, a proven track record of playing young players - even in the top division of English football. I'm not sure Cat 1 will help us as much as spending a chunk of money on getting our coaches etc out their across all of suffolk
Forgot we’d missed out on Cat 1 by 0.3% on 21:37 - Dec 17 with 2649 viewsRocky

Forgot we’d missed out on Cat 1 by 0.3% on 21:19 - Dec 17 by haynes_toe1

If i'm brutally honest, we'd be better off investing money into taking back some control from Norwich in getting our faces out in public, schools, etc and giving potential young recruits something to think about.

Just getting Cat 1 will make little difference when Norwich's infrastructure is massively better than ours and with now, a proven track record of playing young players - even in the top division of English football. I'm not sure Cat 1 will help us as much as spending a chunk of money on getting our coaches etc out their across all of suffolk

Just looking back through your posts, you manage to mention how wonderful Norwich City are in a good percentage of them.
Pure coincidence?
Forgot we’d missed out on Cat 1 by 0.3% on 21:43 - Dec 17 with 2635 viewsMullet

Was a clear stitch up.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Forgot we’d missed out on Cat 1 by 0.3% on 22:05 - Dec 17 with 2618 viewsHARRY10

Forgot we’d missed out on Cat 1 by 0.3% on 21:43 - Dec 17 by Mullet

Was a clear stitch up.

By who ?

Where would the extra money have come from, given that is nigh on a £2m cost to a club each year ?
Forgot we’d missed out on Cat 1 by 0.3% on 22:08 - Dec 17 with 2610 viewsMullet

Forgot we’d missed out on Cat 1 by 0.3% on 22:05 - Dec 17 by HARRY10

By who ?

Where would the extra money have come from, given that is nigh on a £2m cost to a club each year ?

Closed shop that is the Prem. Can't have too many clubs like us in the top bracket and their own nowhere near.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Forgot we’d missed out on Cat 1 by 0.3% on 22:26 - Dec 17 with 2577 viewsHARRY10

Forgot we’d missed out on Cat 1 by 0.3% on 22:08 - Dec 17 by Mullet

Closed shop that is the Prem. Can't have too many clubs like us in the top bracket and their own nowhere near.

How did 'they' know we would not be in the PL soon, and where would that money to fund cat 1 have come from ?
Login to get fewer ads

Forgot we’d missed out on Cat 1 by 0.3% on 23:23 - Dec 17 with 2521 viewssparks

Its not a genuine failure- its engineering the result they want.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Forgot we’d missed out on Cat 1 by 0.3% on 04:10 - Dec 18 with 2451 viewsBlueBadger

Forgot we’d missed out on Cat 1 by 0.3% on 22:26 - Dec 17 by HARRY10

How did 'they' know we would not be in the PL soon, and where would that money to fund cat 1 have come from ?

Because they'd been watching us?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Forgot we’d missed out on Cat 1 by 0.3% on 07:25 - Dec 18 with 2373 viewshampstead_blue

Surely there is a margin of error upon which we can appeal.

0.3 is splitting hairs.
Were the turnstiles now painted the right colour?

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Forgot we’d missed out on Cat 1 by 0.3% on 08:39 - Dec 18 with 2318 viewsGeoffSentence

Forgot we’d missed out on Cat 1 by 0.3% on 21:37 - Dec 17 by Rocky

Just looking back through your posts, you manage to mention how wonderful Norwich City are in a good percentage of them.
Pure coincidence?

I div listed him on his first appearance as it was pretty clear he was a budgie on a wind up.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Forgot we’d missed out on Cat 1 by 0.3% on 11:01 - Dec 18 with 2257 viewshaynes_toe1

Pure coincidence?

I'm just being realistic. I don't live local anymore and I don't go to games - I tend to look at things less like an Ipswich fan and more a general football fan nowadays. I still watch as much as I can on iFollow.
Forgot we’d missed out on Cat 1 by 0.3% on 12:20 - Dec 18 with 2216 viewsclive_baker

Pure coincidence?

I've called this out before. That, together with the Haynes reference in the username. 100% a norwich fan. What a weapon.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Forgot we’d missed out on Cat 1 by 0.3% on 15:57 - Dec 18 with 2118 viewsArnieM

Care to elaborate of on how your clubs infrastructure is “ massively better”?

Forgot we’d missed out on Cat 1 by 0.3% on 17:16 - Dec 18 with 2100 viewshenley07

In many ways the Cat1 status is irrelevant in terms of academies etc.
Anyone who has kids in the younger football spectre will be aware Ipswich are far from a force.
In fact I would go as far to say the 10 to 14 age groups are in need of a total overhaul.
Cambridge United at u11 U12 u13 are streets ahead of the Ipswich lads I’m afraid.
Forgot we’d missed out on Cat 1 by 0.3% on 17:26 - Dec 18 with 2085 viewsPhilTWTD

Forgot we’d missed out on Cat 1 by 0.3% on 22:05 - Dec 17 by HARRY10

By who ?

Cost wasn't the issue, the club was prepared to put in the sums required, which from memory were rather lower than the £3m it would cost to run a cat one academy now. Cat two is £2 million a year.
Forgot we’d missed out on Cat 1 by 0.3% on 17:48 - Dec 18 with 2054 viewsArnieM

Forgot we’d missed out on Cat 1 by 0.3% on 17:16 - Dec 18 by henley07

In many ways the Cat1 status is irrelevant in terms of academies etc.
Anyone who has kids in the younger football spectre will be aware Ipswich are far from a force.
In fact I would go as far to say the 10 to 14 age groups are in need of a total overhaul.
Cambridge United at u11 U12 u13 are streets ahead of the Ipswich lads I’m afraid.

So the questions are

1)Why?
2) What’s required to rectify this?

Forgot we’d missed out on Cat 1 by 0.3% on 10:24 - Dec 19 with 1936 viewshaynes_toe1

Forgot we’d missed out on Cat 1 by 0.3% on 15:57 - Dec 18 by ArnieM

Care to elaborate of on how your clubs infrastructure is “ massively better”?

It's not my club.

But a little reading shows they've spent £7 million in two years revamping their entire training centre. We've barely spent £200 on paint.

They have a huge amount of med science experts, coaches, physio teams and in-house treatment centres. They have a much larger scouting network too.

There's a paid sports article site called The Athletic. There's interesting reads on there and one of them I sometimes read is from a NCFC journo.

Like I say, I'm not a Norwich fan whatsoever. But i'll admit to saying i'm not the biggest Ipswich fan anymore. Used to be, but not being able to go to games for such a long time now means i've lost a little interest and tend to look at our events from a more neutral point of view.
Forgot we’d missed out on Cat 1 by 0.3% on 02:11 - Dec 22 with 1788 viewshenley07

Forgot we’d missed out on Cat 1 by 0.3% on 17:48 - Dec 18 by ArnieM

So the questions are

1)Why?
2) What’s required to rectify this?

There are people paid a good wage to find those answers at the club Arnie.
However in my opinion just “linking” themselves with clubs isn’t the answer,apparently Cambridge City are the latest to get involved.
Overcrowded training sessions involving lads of average ability certainly isn’t the way to retrieve the Clubs youth reputation.
Such a shame.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024