Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dobra 20:15 - Dec 17 with 1308 viewsbackwaywhen

Looked pretty lively in the U23s highlights.... time for recall perhaps !
Dobra on 08:04 - Dec 18 with 1196 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Dobra on 08:08 - Dec 18 with 1193 viewsHerbivore

The kid looks to have bags of talent and plenty of confidence to go with it. For me he is the type of player we should be having on the bench to come on and have an impact. Instead we often bring on the likes of Judge, who offers no running threat against tiring legs and often slows us down in our attacking play. I sometimes wonder if Lambert has forgotten some of the basics of the game.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Dobra on 09:08 - Dec 18 with 1127 viewsHullblue

Dobra on 08:08 - Dec 18 by Herbivore

The kid looks to have bags of talent and plenty of confidence to go with it. For me he is the type of player we should be having on the bench to come on and have an impact. Instead we often bring on the likes of Judge, who offers no running threat against tiring legs and often slows us down in our attacking play. I sometimes wonder if Lambert has forgotten some of the basics of the game.

I rate him too but in his last league appearance he got sent off within half an hour. Can’t risk that again so I can understand PL holding him back until his temperament is ready.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Dobra on 09:10 - Dec 18 with 1118 viewsHerbivore

Dobra on 09:08 - Dec 18 by Hullblue

I rate him too but in his last league appearance he got sent off within half an hour. Can’t risk that again so I can understand PL holding him back until his temperament is ready.

Can't just give him the one chance though, he'll only be able to show he's learnt by being given another opportunity.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Dobra on 09:53 - Dec 18 with 1082 viewsBrixtonBlue

Dobra on 09:10 - Dec 18 by Herbivore

Can't just give him the one chance though, he'll only be able to show he's learnt by being given another opportunity.

So the obvious answer is Lambert's forgotten the basics of football.

Ok.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Dobra on 10:08 - Dec 18 with 1069 viewsMrTown

Really exciting footballer, clever and never afraid to take a man on.

As does El Mizouni.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Dobra on 10:12 - Dec 18 with 1061 viewsSouperJim

Dobra on 09:53 - Dec 18 by BrixtonBlue

So the obvious answer is Lambert's forgotten the basics of football.

Ok.

"Football is a simple game, complicated by idiots."

I'm not calling Lambo an idiot of course, but he does seems to be struggling to see the wood for the trees right now, no?

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Dobra on 10:16 - Dec 18 with 1048 viewsIpswichKnight

Dobra on 10:08 - Dec 18 by MrTown

Really exciting footballer, clever and never afraid to take a man on.

As does El Mizouni.

I like El Mizouni a lot, reminds me a bit of Magilton, a player who ALWAYS wants the ball, question is where does he fit in our midfield? I would partner him with Downes.

Dobra is class and i'd love to see him play on Saturday.
Login to get fewer ads

Dobra on 10:17 - Dec 18 with 1045 viewsChrisd

You have to give him more opportunities to see if he has learnt from that error of judgement at Accrington. If you don't give players that chance to show they've learnt from their mistakes, they'd simply never play again. I bet he is eager to prove that point too. I'd like to see what he can do with an extended run, he looks an out and out winger with bundles of energy and we haven't got many of those in our squad currently.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Dobra on 10:51 - Dec 18 with 1008 viewsBrixtonBlue

Dobra on 10:12 - Dec 18 by SouperJim

"Football is a simple game, complicated by idiots."

I'm not calling Lambo an idiot of course, but he does seems to be struggling to see the wood for the trees right now, no?

He does seem to be chopping and changing too much and I'm not sure why, but I doubt it's because he's forgotten the basics of the game.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Dobra on 10:54 - Dec 18 with 997 viewsSouperJim

Dobra on 10:51 - Dec 18 by BrixtonBlue

He does seem to be chopping and changing too much and I'm not sure why, but I doubt it's because he's forgotten the basics of the game.

Not the basics of the game, but what our actual approach is I feel. I think it's fair comment to say he's over-complicating things trying to set up to counter the opposition each week, while rotating the squad like we're some pound-shop 90s Man U.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Dobra on 11:08 - Dec 18 with 981 viewsHullblue

Dobra on 10:17 - Dec 18 by Chrisd

You have to give him more opportunities to see if he has learnt from that error of judgement at Accrington. If you don't give players that chance to show they've learnt from their mistakes, they'd simply never play again. I bet he is eager to prove that point too. I'd like to see what he can do with an extended run, he looks an out and out winger with bundles of energy and we haven't got many of those in our squad currently.

Hear what you and Herbivore are saying, but we don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes. Has he shown contrition? I’d want to be very sure he wasn’t going to let me down again.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Dobra on 15:42 - Dec 18 with 831 viewscbower

Agree he let himself down a bit at Accrington. Indeed, he could have gone for an earlier challenge. However, one thing for sure was that in his time on the pitch he looked the most likely Town player to change the course of the game. His ability to carry the ball forward, propel us quickly into attacking positions and commit defenders is something (Bishop aside) our squad sadly lacks. He can be a game changer and should be on the bench and used far more often imho.

bluescouser

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024