Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Miles Kenlock 09:25 - Dec 18 with 2958 viewsWickets

Now i'm not saying he's the best left back in the world but played 11 first team matches 5 wins 5 draws and the only loss was the one to Colchester in EFLC that 94th minute loss in a dead rubber . Is time for him to return so we have a couple of round pegs left side with Garbutt in front of him in midfield ?
Miles Kenlock on 09:29 - Dec 18 with 2443 viewsStokieBlue

He's really not very good.

Better to find a new LB in the transfer window if you want to push Garbutt forward (which I have no problem with).

Kenlock is not the answer though.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Miles Kenlock on 09:35 - Dec 18 with 2410 viewschicoazul

Miles Kenlock on 09:29 - Dec 18 by StokieBlue

Better to find a new LB in the transfer window if you want to push Garbutt forward (which I have no problem with).

SB

Agreed. But stats are stats and those about Kenlock in the OP are interesting. We can all see he isnt very good BUT maybe him not being good, and the defence/midfield knowing that, means everyone else performs 10% better? I don't have a name for this theory yet, EVERYTEAMNEEDSACRAPPLAYER Theory doesnt scan.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Miles Kenlock on 09:38 - Dec 18 with 2400 viewsPJH

I think the pluses of having Garbutt in front of Kenlock are that it gives the team better balance and Garbutt is probably better at LMF than LB.

The downside is that, despite your stats suggesting that the results are better if Kenlock plays, he is adequate at best but only that and is just not good enough for a regular first team place.

One of the few decisions that PL seems to have made is that Kenlock is not good enough to be first choice LB.
Miles Kenlock on 09:39 - Dec 18 with 2397 viewsWickets

Miles Kenlock on 09:29 - Dec 18 by StokieBlue

SB

Well i'm not against signing a better LB if and when possible but was really considering best use of our squad as things stand . A right sided KVY would be wonderfull in a perfect world and all that !!
Miles Kenlock on 09:40 - Dec 18 with 2387 viewsGooders7592

Miles Kenlock on 09:35 - Dec 18 by chicoazul

Agreed. But stats are stats and those about Kenlock in the OP are interesting. We can all see he isnt very good BUT maybe him not being good, and the defence/midfield knowing that, means everyone else performs 10% better? I don't have a name for this theory yet, EVERYTEAMNEEDSACRAPPLAYER Theory doesnt scan.

That theory is what my Sunday league team used to say about me...
Miles Kenlock on 09:44 - Dec 18 with 2369 viewsWickets

Miles Kenlock on 09:38 - Dec 18 by PJH

I think the pluses of having Garbutt in front of Kenlock are that it gives the team better balance and Garbutt is probably better at LMF than LB.

The downside is that, despite your stats suggesting that the results are better if Kenlock plays, he is adequate at best but only that and is just not good enough for a regular first team place.

One of the few decisions that PL seems to have made is that Kenlock is not good enough to be first choice LB.

That askes the question is Garbutt a better left back than Miles and if so is it worth sacrificing his goal threat somewhat and maybe unbalancing the midfield a little as well .
[Post edited 18 Dec 2019 9:46]
Miles Kenlock on 09:45 - Dec 18 with 2364 viewschicoazul

Miles Kenlock on 09:39 - Dec 18 by Wickets

Well i'm not against signing a better LB if and when possible but was really considering best use of our squad as things stand . A right sided KVY would be wonderfull in a perfect world and all that !!

KVY played a lot at LB for Colchester, we could see another RB come in in Jan (on loan of course). This will all depend on how badly KVY is knackered by injury though.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Miles Kenlock on 09:47 - Dec 18 with 2357 viewsStokieBlue

True, however correlation doesn't always imply causation.

We were new in the league then, teams didn't know what to expect and Norwood was on a scoring streak. It's hard to know which of the factors (including Kenlock playing) was the reason for the results.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Miles Kenlock on 09:49 - Dec 18 with 2339 viewsWickets

Miles Kenlock on 09:45 - Dec 18 by chicoazul

KVY played a lot at LB for Colchester, we could see another RB come in in Jan (on loan of course). This will all depend on how badly KVY is knackered by injury though.

I didn't know that ,opens up a whole new question . If KVY 's attacking threat is not blunted by being on the left ? maybe Donacien and him would be our best ?
Miles Kenlock on 09:51 - Dec 18 with 2326 viewsPJH

Miles Kenlock on 09:44 - Dec 18 by Wickets

That askes the question is Garbutt a better left back than Miles and if so is it worth sacrificing his goal threat somewhat and maybe unbalancing the midfield a little as well .
[Post edited 18 Dec 2019 9:46]

I would say that Garbutt is a better LB than Kenlock but you do lose a bit of Garbutt's game by playing him there.

As I said Kenlock with Garbutt ahead of him gives the team better balance but...
Miles Kenlock on 09:54 - Dec 18 with 2315 viewsHerbivore

I think those stats reflect that we generally had a settled formation and relatively stable core of the side in the early season rather than suggesting anything about Kenlock in particular.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Miles Kenlock on 10:06 - Dec 18 with 2294 viewsmonty_radio

If the first consideration of a full-back is: does he prevent a lot of crosses, then Garbutt is ahead of Kenlock, but neither is as good at it as KVY, or even Donacien.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Miles Kenlock on 10:36 - Dec 18 with 2253 viewsBasuco

I would prefer to see Kenlock at LB with Garbutt in front of him, that worked very well earlier in the season.
Miles Kenlock on 11:40 - Dec 18 with 2205 viewsbadadski

Miles Kenlock on 10:36 - Dec 18 by Basuco

I would prefer to see Kenlock at LB with Garbutt in front of him, that worked very well earlier in the season.

Lambert doesn’t rate him or Donacien or Toto. It’s no coincidence he’s trying to play midfielders in defence instead of defenders. He just doesn’t trust them and it’s easy to see why.

Donacien he said all along he thought was a centre back which was a polite way of saying he was a poo right back. toto although some have been not entirely down to him but the protection around him looks out of touch and confidence and also gives away a pen a game or looks like he will be caught out and sent off.

Kenlock if you watch him closely which I have on numerous games, you can see he doesn’t look over his shoulder hardly ever isn’t aware of players around him in dangerous positions, his own positional awareness Is not good and spends a lot of time arguing and jostling with the winger than defending and adapting. He is still young as a defender but some people are natural and he is not.

It’s a shame about KvY as he had made the right back his needs a loan replacement in January which I am sure lambert will address but also think Garbutt will be good with sears back interchanging on the left side as both can track back and both good going forwards.

Just my view but think the defence of lack of will be addressed in January with one of 2 defenders.
Miles Kenlock on 12:51 - Dec 18 with 2147 viewsBluebell

Such a shame Lambert didn't rate Knudsen!
Miles Kenlock on 12:53 - Dec 18 with 2141 viewsPJH

Miles Kenlock on 12:51 - Dec 18 by Bluebell

Such a shame Lambert didn't rate Knudsen!

I think you have probably now added a couple of pages to this thread Bluebell.
Miles Kenlock on 12:57 - Dec 18 with 2128 viewsWickets

Miles Kenlock on 10:36 - Dec 18 by Basuco

Well that is my point exactly ,I dont disagree with the point regarding his limitations but its results that count and it seems we where better when he played . I also tend to think he would be a little better if any of our centre backs where left footed or comftable playing left side as none of them are really happy there . Noted PL quotes regarding Donacian being a centre back but also he has been singing his praises at RB of late .
Miles Kenlock on 13:00 - Dec 18 with 2118 viewsBluebell

Miles Kenlock on 12:53 - Dec 18 by PJH

I think you have probably now added a couple of pages to this thread Bluebell.

Do you agree though?

We know that Knudsen loved playing for Town and didn't want to leave. Just a shame he wasn't really given a chance under new management and had the 'boo boys' against him.

Personally I think he was far better at LB than Kenlock or Garbutt. Like you, I think Garbutt plays better further up the pitch.
Miles Kenlock on 13:03 - Dec 18 with 2114 viewsPJH

Miles Kenlock on 13:00 - Dec 18 by Bluebell

Do you agree though?

We know that Knudsen loved playing for Town and didn't want to leave. Just a shame he wasn't really given a chance under new management and had the 'boo boys' against him.

Personally I think he was far better at LB than Kenlock or Garbutt. Like you, I think Garbutt plays better further up the pitch.

I don't think that there is any doubt (although there probably will be)that Knudsen was/is a lot better than Kenlock and also better as a LB than Garbutt.

It is a pity that various circumstances led to him not playing much for PL but not sure that Jonas would be here now anyway in the third division.

I like you too-oh!
Miles Kenlock on 15:33 - Dec 18 with 1974 viewsTown_Boy

One of the most clumsiest footballers to every play for Ipswich.. is

At the end of the day... It is night
Poll: What stand will you be renewing with the new prices

Miles Kenlock on 15:33 - Dec 18 with 1972 viewspointofblue

I get the theory but the only way we'd slot them both in is return to 4-4-2; the last time we reverted to that we were embarrassed by Coventry. I don't think Garbutt has the speed or nous to push him further forward in a 4-3-3 alongside Jackson and one of Keane/Norwood though that would be the other option.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Miles Kenlock on 15:50 - Dec 18 with 1944 viewsGeoffSentence

Maybe we could call it the ALB Inference.

It is a little known fact that in the 38 league games that ALB played for us we actually did better than when any of the more illustrious keepers played in the same period. In fact had his games for us come over the course of one season we would have been challenging for the play-offs.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Miles Kenlock on 15:53 - Dec 18 with 1939 viewsbraveblue

Think you are right. But we would need to play the right system.
Miles Kenlock on 16:39 - Dec 18 with 1911 viewsRadlett_blue

Miles Kenlock on 15:33 - Dec 18 by Town_Boy

One of the most clumsiest footballers to every play for Ipswich.. is

Conor Sammon. Scored 1 goal in his 19 Town games, which appropriately enough rebounded in off his left knee.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Miles Kenlock on 17:52 - Dec 18 with 1877 viewsWickets

Miles Kenlock on 13:00 - Dec 18 by Bluebell

Do you agree though?

Yes without a doubt . But i always thought he did not play for PL because he wanted away . Am i wrong ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024