Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If the current form continues... 09:45 - Dec 18 with 3641 viewsGooders7592

Do you think ME will pull the trigger on Lambert? and if so, when?
If the current form continues... on 09:50 - Dec 18 with 2392 viewsTangledupin_Blue

If we continue to gain sufficient points to achieve automatic promotion?

I doubt it...

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

If the current form continues... on 10:05 - Dec 18 with 2354 viewsChrisd

One thing we do know about ME is he normally gives his managers time, too much in some cases, so I'm not expecting any hasty decision on PL's future, although PH was the exception. Results aside, from the the beginning of the season our performances have not mirrored a top 2 side, they just haven't and that's been ignored because we were getting results, but that's now caught up with us. For most of this season, we just look like a group of XI players thrown together most match days without any style or pattern of play and hope that's enough to get a victory. As a supporter you're expecting more, well I am. The chasing pack are now genuine threats to our promotion ambitions, if results and performances don't improve we'll be quickly sucked out of that top 6 and the pressure will be really on PL's shoulders.

I was genuinely hopeful when he was first appointed that he was the right manager for us at that point in time and there were chinks of hope to hang your hat on, but he just haven't progressed us as a team. Hand on heart, I feel there are better organised sides than us in this league who play to the sum of their parts. I'm still scratching my head as to what those are for us and PL has had over a year in the job to get that sorted.

I really hope I'm wrong as PL has done lots of good for the club, but I'm not seeing much evidence on the pitch to convince me otherwise.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2019 12:21]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

If the current form continues... on 10:05 - Dec 18 with 2356 viewsSomethingBlue

No, why would he? We're second with a game in hand.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

If the current form continues... on 10:16 - Dec 18 with 2315 viewsKeaneish

In May if we don'g go up depending on the circumstances of our failure.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] Ă‚ÂŁ2.65 Million and Waiting?

If the current form continues... on 10:16 - Dec 18 with 2315 viewsartsbossbeard

If the current form continues... on 10:05 - Dec 18 by SomethingBlue

Exactly.

I'd love a discernable style of play and a settled look to the side but we're still up there. No need for talk like this presently.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

If the current form continues... on 10:18 - Dec 18 with 2307 viewsLankHenners

He might think about it this time next year in the Championship when we're struggling as we're playing in much the same way we are now but against better opposition but even then he'll probably keep him on for a while.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

If the current form continues... on 10:22 - Dec 18 with 2296 viewsSomethingBlue

If the current form continues... on 10:16 - Dec 18 by artsbossbeard

Exactly.

I'd love a discernable style of play and a settled look to the side but we're still up there. No need for talk like this presently.

Agree on style and settled team. But it's like some people just feed off the possibility of upheaval and drama. I get it, but it's a massive shame and really doesn't help anything.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

If the current form continues... on 10:23 - Dec 18 with 2288 viewsMrTown

Would be very clever if he pulled the trigger second with a game in hand wouldn’t it.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Login to get fewer ads

If the current form continues... on 10:26 - Dec 18 with 2291 viewsGuthrum

This eight-game run of form comes against five of the top seven sides in the division (Peterborough the only one missing for the full set). The teams most likely to cause us trouble. Plus we've had key absences (KVY, Downes, Norwood, Chambers). Also interruptions from Cup/Trophy matches, replays and international breaks.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

If the current form continues... on 10:28 - Dec 18 with 2267 viewsgainsboroughblue

Given how long he gave Keane and Jewell to wreak havoc, I doubt he'll jettison a guy who has us sitting in an automatic promotion place.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

If the current form continues... on 10:33 - Dec 18 with 2246 viewsSteve_M

If the current form continues... on 10:22 - Dec 18 by SomethingBlue

Agree on style and settled team. But it's like some people just feed off the possibility of upheaval and drama. I get it, but it's a massive shame and really doesn't help anything.

Quite, there are valid criticisms that can be made of Lambert but the desperation to talk this into a crisis is rather bizarre. A lot of fans did the same with McCarthy and convinced themselves he was holding us back from the play-offs.

One would think that fans had learnt that just changing the manager wasn't a panacea.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

If the current form continues... on 10:38 - Dec 18 with 2238 viewsSouperJim

If the current form continues... on 10:26 - Dec 18 by Guthrum

This eight-game run of form comes against five of the top seven sides in the division (Peterborough the only one missing for the full set). The teams most likely to cause us trouble. Plus we've had key absences (KVY, Downes, Norwood, Chambers). Also interruptions from Cup/Trophy matches, replays and international breaks.

This is a very good point which seems to have bypassed many.

I think another factor in the current fan unrest is unrealistic expectations of what a top 2 side in league one looks like. I think many expect us to be brushing teams aside in order to get automatic promotion, but the reality is very very few teams at the top of their divisions outside of the premier league actually do this. Wycombe are top here, yet we were clearly better than them at Portman Road and would have beaten them if not for one of the most incompetent refereeing performances I've ever seen. They have won 12 of their 20 games so far. A good return, but not blistering.

2 points per game is the generally accepted benchmark and we're still on course for that. Yes our recent form is a cause for concern but there is a still a long way to go and it's a bit early to suggest we're incapable of having an upturn again.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

If the current form continues... on 10:45 - Dec 18 with 2207 viewsBobbychase

When you say current form do you mean the away form table for the season which we are top of?

People need to abandon the idea Lambert will go anytime soon It just isn't going to happen. Evans is a very patient owner and we're second in the league.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

If the current form continues... on 10:56 - Dec 18 with 2161 viewsChrisd

If the current form continues... on 10:38 - Dec 18 by SouperJim

This is a very good point which seems to have bypassed many.

I think another factor in the current fan unrest is unrealistic expectations of what a top 2 side in league one looks like. I think many expect us to be brushing teams aside in order to get automatic promotion, but the reality is very very few teams at the top of their divisions outside of the premier league actually do this. Wycombe are top here, yet we were clearly better than them at Portman Road and would have beaten them if not for one of the most incompetent refereeing performances I've ever seen. They have won 12 of their 20 games so far. A good return, but not blistering.

2 points per game is the generally accepted benchmark and we're still on course for that. Yes our recent form is a cause for concern but there is a still a long way to go and it's a bit early to suggest we're incapable of having an upturn again.

I think if you look at most top 2 sides in any league they have an air of supremacy against other teams, look at Leeds and WBA in the Championship this season for example. Although there is a difference in quality and status between them and us, it is all relative. Have we stamped our authority on games and showed our class? Even the Tranmere result (4-1), the first half was a bloody awful display from us apart from Garbutt's fantastic free kick.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2019 11:21]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

No, obviously not on 10:58 - Dec 18 with 2149 viewsDyland

ntfsh

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

If the current form continues... on 10:59 - Dec 18 with 2144 viewschicoazul

Depends what Opie means by current form. If it continues in the vein of the current league form table Evans will definitely fire him as we wont go up or even get in the p'offs.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

If the current form continues... on 11:00 - Dec 18 with 2141 viewschicoazul

If, as you say, we can't beat our promotion rivals, we wont go up.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

If the current form continues... on 11:08 - Dec 18 with 2111 viewsPinewoodblue

If the current form continues... on 11:00 - Dec 18 by chicoazul

Think the OP is working on the assumption that all teams are equal. Looking at our form over the last six games we have 9 points, 7 less than Wycombe and 4 less than Rovers. We have however achieved 1 pt more than Peterborough.

If you assume our form over the last six continues over the next six then we will drop down the table. The games between now and New Year’s Day will be important if we are to keep on track for automatic promotion.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

If the current form continues... on 11:09 - Dec 18 with 2106 viewsSwansea_Blue

If the current form continues... on 09:50 - Dec 18 by Tangledupin_Blue

If we continue to gain sufficient points to achieve automatic promotion?

I doubt it...

We're not even close to that on "current form", as the OP said.

But in answer to the OP, no he'll not be doing anything rash. ME has never been impulsive. This is hopefully just a little slump, plenty of time to put it right. Ultimately we still sit in 2nd despite blowing a significant lead and the rest of the pack having now caught up.

We've still got a little lead over 7th place spot, but results need to pick up if we're not to lose that too.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

If the current form continues... on 11:17 - Dec 18 with 2071 viewsGooders7592

Yes, we are second currently. But IF the current form continues (4 wins in 10) do you think ME will pull the trigger?

My question is more, do you think ME will panic if it continues?

P.S. I'm not calling for Lambert's head, far from it, I was just questioning whether ME will panic.
If the current form continues... on 11:18 - Dec 18 with 2069 viewsGooders7592

If the current form continues... on 10:23 - Dec 18 by MrTown

Would be very clever if he pulled the trigger second with a game in hand wouldn’t it.

Never said sack him. I was questioning do you think ME will panic if the current form continues and we drop down the table.
If the current form continues... on 11:18 - Dec 18 with 2068 viewsBrixtonBlue

If the current form continues... on 10:05 - Dec 18 by Chrisd

One thing we do know about ME is he normally gives his managers time, too much in some cases, so I'm not expecting any hasty decision on PL's future, although PH was the exception. Results aside, from the the beginning of the season our performances have not mirrored a top 2 side, they just haven't and that's been ignored because we were getting results, but that's now caught up with us. For most of this season, we just look like a group of XI players thrown together most match days without any style or pattern of play and hope that's enough to get a victory. As a supporter you're expecting more, well I am. The chasing pack are now genuine threats to our promotion ambitions, if results and performances don't improve we'll be quickly sucked out of that top 6 and the pressure will be really on PL's shoulders.

I was genuinely hopeful when he was first appointed that he was the right manager for us at that point in time and there were chinks of hope to hang your hat on, but he just haven't progressed us as a team. Hand on heart, I feel there are better organised sides than us in this league who play to the sum of their parts. I'm still scratching my head as to what those are for us and PL has had over a year in the job to get that sorted.

I really hope I'm wrong as PL has done lots of good for the club, but I'm not seeing much evidence on the pitch to convince me otherwise.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2019 12:21]

You mention he's been with us over a year as if that's long enough to turn around the absolute mess he inherited.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

If the current form continues... on 11:18 - Dec 18 with 2071 viewspointofblue

If the current form continues... on 11:00 - Dec 18 by chicoazul

We will if we beat the rest.

I had a look at Norwich’s record when they won League One. Over the season they lost eight league matches under Lambert yet still a accrued 95 points. Their worst run in the league was three draws and a defeat in September though they also lost three of their last eight (W4 D1). Looking at that we’re nowhere near a sacking stage and still have plenty of room to manoeuvre.

Saying that the tension will build if we don’t pick up at least a couple of wins from the next four.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

If the current form continues... on 11:19 - Dec 18 with 2058 viewsGooders7592

Very good point.
If the current form continues... on 11:19 - Dec 18 with 2048 viewsGooders7592

If the current form continues... on 10:59 - Dec 18 by chicoazul

Depends what Opie means by current form. If it continues in the vein of the current league form table Evans will definitely fire him as we wont go up or even get in the p'offs.

I was going on the basis 4 wins in 10. If this was to continue and we drop down the table
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024