Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If the current form continues... 09:45 - Dec 18 with 3653 viewsGooders7592

Do you think ME will pull the trigger on Lambert? and if so, when?
If the current form continues... on 11:19 - Dec 18 with 676 viewsLankHenners

If the current form continues... on 11:18 - Dec 18 by BrixtonBlue

You mention he's been with us over a year as if that's long enough to turn around the absolute mess he inherited.

How long do you think he gets to have before he can take some responsibility?

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

If the current form continues... on 11:21 - Dec 18 with 676 viewsGooders7592

If the current form continues... on 11:08 - Dec 18 by Pinewoodblue

Think the OP is working on the assumption that all teams are equal. Looking at our form over the last six games we have 9 points, 7 less than Wycombe and 4 less than Rovers. We have however achieved 1 pt more than Peterborough.

If you assume our form over the last six continues over the next six then we will drop down the table. The games between now and New Year’s Day will be important if we are to keep on track for automatic promotion.

That's exactly what I was working on. 4 wins in 10, if this continues and we drop down the table. What do you think ME will be thinking?

I'm not saying he should sack PL now, far from it, but if it continues and we drop out the play offs for example
If the current form continues... on 11:22 - Dec 18 with 671 viewsGooders7592

If the current form continues... on 11:09 - Dec 18 by Swansea_Blue

We're not even close to that on "current form", as the OP said.

But in answer to the OP, no he'll not be doing anything rash. ME has never been impulsive. This is hopefully just a little slump, plenty of time to put it right. Ultimately we still sit in 2nd despite blowing a significant lead and the rest of the pack having now caught up.

We've still got a little lead over 7th place spot, but results need to pick up if we're not to lose that too.

Do you think if the 'current form' continues through Jan/Feb then ME might look at it differently?
If the current form continues... on 11:25 - Dec 18 with 662 viewsChrisd

If the current form continues... on 11:18 - Dec 18 by BrixtonBlue

You mention he's been with us over a year as if that's long enough to turn around the absolute mess he inherited.

It's more about seeing shoots of recovery. Don't get me wrong, I want PL to succeed like the next man and I'm not calling for his head either, but from what I have seen first hand this season I really can't see what he is trying to achieve. I was more optimistic when he first arrived, I could see what he was trying to do. I'm really not sure I can at the moment.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

If the current form continues... on 11:29 - Dec 18 with 647 viewsBrixtonBlue

If the current form continues... on 11:19 - Dec 18 by LankHenners

How long do you think he gets to have before he can take some responsibility?

Not sure, maybe end of the season if he fails to get us up (although ideally you'd give a manager more than one and a half seasons to turn round a failing club and team).

I certainly don't think he's had anywhere near long enough to revamp our fortunes as yet.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

If the current form continues... on 11:33 - Dec 18 with 639 viewsLeighOnSeaBlue

I know that before the season started Evans wanted him out and had asked if Nathan Jones might be available soon if Stoke didn't start the season well.

Obviously with the start Lambert had there would be no way he could get rid of him, so the current situation could be interesting if it continues much longer and Nathan Jones is now available
If the current form continues... on 11:35 - Dec 18 with 626 viewsSuperblue95

If we don’t get promoted he has to go, simple as.

It would be ridiculous to sack him in the meantime though when he could easily still achieve promotion.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

If the current form continues... on 11:37 - Dec 18 with 617 viewsfooters

Only 11 months on Mick's ROI contract to run. Tick tock, Paul.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

If the current form continues... on 11:38 - Dec 18 with 609 viewsBrixtonBlue

If the current form continues... on 11:33 - Dec 18 by LeighOnSeaBlue

I know that before the season started Evans wanted him out and had asked if Nathan Jones might be available soon if Stoke didn't start the season well.

Obviously with the start Lambert had there would be no way he could get rid of him, so the current situation could be interesting if it continues much longer and Nathan Jones is now available

Absolute nonsense.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

If the current form continues... on 11:40 - Dec 18 with 605 viewsLankHenners

If the current form continues... on 11:29 - Dec 18 by BrixtonBlue

Not sure, maybe end of the season if he fails to get us up (although ideally you'd give a manager more than one and a half seasons to turn round a failing club and team).

I certainly don't think he's had anywhere near long enough to revamp our fortunes as yet.

'revamping fortunes' and 'taking some responsibility' are some way apart.

Clearly silly to get rid of him now and the club could really do without any upheaval but Lambert's had long enough now to at least look like he knows what he wants to do with the team. It's not unreasonable to hold criticism against him.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

If the current form continues... on 11:42 - Dec 18 with 589 viewsSouperJim

If the current form continues... on 10:56 - Dec 18 by Chrisd

I think if you look at most top 2 sides in any league they have an air of supremacy against other teams, look at Leeds and WBA in the Championship this season for example. Although there is a difference in quality and status between them and us, it is all relative. Have we stamped our authority on games and showed our class? Even the Tranmere result (4-1), the first half was a bloody awful display from us apart from Garbutt's fantastic free kick.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2019 11:21]

I think you've answered your own question, it's relative. We're used to watching Championship football and know very well (mostly from the wrong end in recent years) what it looks like when one team stamps their authority on another at that level. I don't expect it looks the same in League One and I'm sure fans of at least some of the sides we've beaten so far this season would say we were comfortably the better team and on top of them for large chunks of the game.

With that said, I do think there is more to come if we get up to speed. But it's probably unrealistic to expect us to destroy teams on a regular basis unless we really do grow into an outfit which is far too good for this division by some distance. That's a big ask and I think the good start has led to a lot of fans forgetting that top 6 was the expectation at the start of the season. This is what top 6 looks like in League One, it's a marathon, a war of attrition etc. Mistakes at both ends and the sides which win more often are the ones that make fewer errors and capitalise more often on those made by the opposition.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

If the current form continues... on 11:50 - Dec 18 with 575 viewsLeighOnSeaBlue

If the current form continues... on 11:38 - Dec 18 by BrixtonBlue

Absolute nonsense.

Just saying what I was told by someone in the know
If the current form continues... on 12:09 - Dec 18 with 557 viewslondontractorboy57

no
If the current form continues... on 12:10 - Dec 18 with 558 viewsSuperblue95

If the current form continues... on 11:50 - Dec 18 by LeighOnSeaBlue

Just saying what I was told by someone in the know

Was it ITFC Steward?

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

If the current form continues... on 12:24 - Dec 18 with 546 viewsLeighOnSeaBlue

If the current form continues... on 12:10 - Dec 18 by Superblue95

Was it ITFC Steward?

No mate and your more than welcome to check with Phil re my sources
If the current form continues... on 12:32 - Dec 18 with 537 viewsChrisd

If the current form continues... on 11:42 - Dec 18 by SouperJim

I think you've answered your own question, it's relative. We're used to watching Championship football and know very well (mostly from the wrong end in recent years) what it looks like when one team stamps their authority on another at that level. I don't expect it looks the same in League One and I'm sure fans of at least some of the sides we've beaten so far this season would say we were comfortably the better team and on top of them for large chunks of the game.

With that said, I do think there is more to come if we get up to speed. But it's probably unrealistic to expect us to destroy teams on a regular basis unless we really do grow into an outfit which is far too good for this division by some distance. That's a big ask and I think the good start has led to a lot of fans forgetting that top 6 was the expectation at the start of the season. This is what top 6 looks like in League One, it's a marathon, a war of attrition etc. Mistakes at both ends and the sides which win more often are the ones that make fewer errors and capitalise more often on those made by the opposition.

All valid points and hard to disagree with SouperJim, but I was expecting more. I'm certainly not one of those fans anticipating we're going to spank teams, far from it. However, in most games it has been a struggle to get over the line. We just don't do straightforward at our club. Like all of us, I want what's best for ITFC, I'm just raising my concerns from what I have seen from when PL was appointed to more recently.

If the current form continues... on 12:33 - Dec 18 with 534 viewsSwansea_Blue

If the current form continues... on 11:38 - Dec 18 by BrixtonBlue

Absolute nonsense.

Oh, I don't know. I can easily see ME backing a failure like Nathan Jones!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

If the current form continues... on 12:39 - Dec 18 with 523 viewsSouperJim

If the current form continues... on 12:32 - Dec 18 by Chrisd

All valid points and hard to disagree with SouperJim, but I was expecting more. I'm certainly not one of those fans anticipating we're going to spank teams, far from it. However, in most games it has been a struggle to get over the line. We just don't do straightforward at our club. Like all of us, I want what's best for ITFC, I'm just raising my concerns from what I have seen from when PL was appointed to more recently.

I certainly think we have the quality in this squad to play better football for longer periods of games than we have done so far. And it's difficult not to point the finger of blame at the manager and his rotation/tinkering for that. The side needs to be more settled to build some momentum and understanding.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

If the current form continues... on 12:42 - Dec 18 with 517 viewsChrisd

If the current form continues... on 12:39 - Dec 18 by SouperJim

I certainly think we have the quality in this squad to play better football for longer periods of games than we have done so far. And it's difficult not to point the finger of blame at the manager and his rotation/tinkering for that. The side needs to be more settled to build some momentum and understanding.

Certainly agree, although I'm still very sceptical about the quality we have, think we've got a lot of players. The whole rotation nonsense by PL has really thrown a spanner in the workers, lets hope he sees sense and starts playing his best XI consistently. Think he's lost sight of that over the last couple of months.

If the current form continues... on 12:50 - Dec 18 with 508 viewsGuthrum

If the current form continues... on 11:00 - Dec 18 by chicoazul

If, as you say, we can't beat our promotion rivals, we wont go up.

Disagree. If we can beat over 70% of the rest (as we have been doing), while mostly sharing the points wirh our rivals, then we will go up.

We can afford to lose five or six and draw about double that number this season, would give us enough points to be promoted automatically 90% of the time.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

If the current form continues... on 12:51 - Dec 18 with 507 viewshaynes_toe1

If the current form continues... on 11:33 - Dec 18 by LeighOnSeaBlue

Yes, I had heard similar but not aware it was Nathan Jones. I did assume the guy who told me was taking the p*ss mind.
If the current form continues... on 12:55 - Dec 18 with 493 viewsLeighOnSeaBlue

If the current form continues... on 12:51 - Dec 18 by haynes_toe1

Yes, I had heard similar but not aware it was Nathan Jones. I did assume the guy who told me was taking the p*ss mind.

I questioned the timing of it but allegedly despite being popular with the fans he's not so popular behind the scenes
If the current form continues... on 12:57 - Dec 18 with 486 viewsPJH

If the current form continues... on 12:55 - Dec 18 by LeighOnSeaBlue

I questioned the timing of it but allegedly despite being popular with the fans he's not so popular behind the scenes

Maybe he spends so much money in Fanzone he doesn't buy a round in the pub.
If the current form continues... on 12:58 - Dec 18 with 483 viewshaynes_toe1

You can understand from Evans' point of view.

Brings in a manager to try and keep us up. Gives him some money to spend in January to get some options in.

End result? Relegated without putting up any sort of fight.
If the current form continues... on 13:11 - Dec 18 with 471 viewsBrightonBlue

Good grief.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024