Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best Town 11 of non capped players including U21 level 13:03 - Dec 18 with 860 viewsSmithy

Loanees not allowed

A bit of an unsung heroes 11

GK Cooper

DR Taricco
DL Clapham
CH
CH Venus

MR Stockwell
MC
MC
ML

ST Stewart
ST

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Best Town 11 of non capped players including U21 level on 13:07 - Dec 18 with 835 viewsPJH

Depending on how far you are going back the second striker could be Ted Phillips and John Elsworthy should be in there-a wing half in 1961/62 so possibly as a central midfielder.

Of course Roy Bailey could be the goalkeeper and would be ahead of Cooper for me.
Best Town 11 of non capped players including U21 level on 13:13 - Dec 18 with 821 viewsabingdon_blue

GK Cooper

DR Wilnis
DL Tarrico
CH Chambers
CH Venus

MR Stockwell
MC Osbourne
MC Skuse
ML Miller

ST Stewart
ST Mathie
Best Town 11 of non capped players including U21 level on 14:02 - Dec 18 with 756 viewsMedwayTractor

Best Town 11 of non capped players including U21 level on 13:07 - Dec 18 by PJH

Depending on how far you are going back the second striker could be Ted Phillips and John Elsworthy should be in there-a wing half in 1961/62 so possibly as a central midfielder.

Of course Roy Bailey could be the goalkeeper and would be ahead of Cooper for me.

You could do a lot worse than start with the 61/62 Championship team and tweak it with some later quality players:

Here's mine, in 442 formation:

Bailey

Wilnis
Nelson
Elsworthy
McCall

Stephenson
Baxter
Stockwell
Clive Woods

Stewart
Phillips

If players not capped when with Town are allowed, I would have Mings at LB and Danny Hegan in midfield.

Blog: Who's Next Between the Sticks (Or Be Careful What You Wish For)?

Best Town 11 of non capped players including U21 level on 14:32 - Dec 18 with 733 viewsmonty_radio

Best Town 11 of non capped players including U21 level on 14:02 - Dec 18 by MedwayTractor

You could do a lot worse than start with the 61/62 Championship team and tweak it with some later quality players:

Bailey

Wilnis
Nelson
Elsworthy
McCall

Stephenson
Baxter
Stockwell
Clive Woods

Stewart
Phillips

If players not capped when with Town are allowed, I would have Mings at LB and Danny Hegan in midfield.

Some side that! Would perhaps go for Venus ahead of Stockwell and move Elsworthy into midfield. Hegan starting for me, if rules allowed.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Best Town 11 of non capped players including U21 level on 15:30 - Dec 18 with 679 viewscbower

Best Town 11 of non capped players including U21 level on 14:02 - Dec 18 by MedwayTractor

Bailey

Wilnis
Nelson
Elsworthy
McCall

Stephenson
Baxter
Stockwell
Clive Woods

Stewart
Phillips

Clive Woods was a wonderful player for several years with Town. To think, the likes of Peter Barnes (pretty much a one season wonder) got caps whilst a magician like Woods was overlooked.

bluescouser

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024