Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grant Ward 16:36 - Dec 18 with 1320 viewscleggo

I know this has been discussed already, but I can't think of any good reason why we wouldn't sign him. Apart from the fact he's good cover at right back, another option in CM (not that we need that, in fairness) he's also better than the majority of right sided midfielders we have.

Seems a bit of a no-brainer to sign a good, versatile Championship level player whilst we are in League One.
Grant Ward on 16:39 - Dec 18 with 1301 viewsPJH

That all makes sense to me and I would be pleased if it happened.
Grant Ward on 16:40 - Dec 18 with 1294 viewspointofblue

"...but I can't think of any good reason why we wouldn't sign him."

Money, I reckon.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Grant Ward on 16:41 - Dec 18 with 1283 viewsKeaneish

Never been totally convinced by Ward but at this level, if we can find a good system and get some rhythm going in a starting 11 that suits him, it makes sense. The more proven Championship quality players we have going into next season (should we make it), the better.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Grant Ward on 16:55 - Dec 18 with 1242 viewsReusersgreasymop

Well said. RGM
Grant Ward on 17:29 - Dec 18 with 1200 viewsWestcountryblue

Would enable us to play PL's preferred 3-5-2 with wing backs. Personally, I think we will still sign him. Why else would we field him in 2 U23 fixtures over the opportunity to play one of own youngsters.
Grant Ward on 17:34 - Dec 18 with 1184 viewspointofblue

Grant Ward on 17:29 - Dec 18 by Westcountryblue

Would enable us to play PL's preferred 3-5-2 with wing backs. Personally, I think we will still sign him. Why else would we field him in 2 U23 fixtures over the opportunity to play one of own youngsters.

Ward isn't a wing back - remember the issues at Millwall when Klug tried out that system with him playing there?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Grant Ward on 17:39 - Dec 18 with 1170 viewsRadlett_blue

Grant Ward on 17:29 - Dec 18 by Westcountryblue

Part of our duty of care to Ward by allowing him to prove his match fitness & therefore win a contract somewhere?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Grant Ward on 17:41 - Dec 18 with 1165 viewsArnieM

Grant Ward on 16:40 - Dec 18 by pointofblue

"...but I can't think of any good reason why we wouldn't sign him."

Money, I reckon.

Personally I’d say the main reason not to sign him is he isn’t really very good . Which is why Lambert decided to release him in the first place .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Login to get fewer ads

Grant Ward on 20:17 - Dec 18 with 1100 viewsIpswichKnight

I can he’s not as good as El Miz and Dobra, would you rather sacrifice one of them out on loan for Ward?
Grant Ward on 22:05 - Dec 18 with 991 viewsRadlett_blue

Grant Ward on 20:17 - Dec 18 by IpswichKnight

I can he’s not as good as El Miz and Dobra, would you rather sacrifice one of them out on loan for Ward?

Except Ward could provide cover at right wing back, where we are currently short. I'm not a fan, but he could be cheap cover until KVY returns.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Grant Ward on 22:17 - Dec 18 with 961 viewsCokeIsKey

He would also link up very well with KVY down the right, with them both being raised at Spurs at the same time and concequently playing a similar style of football.

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Grant Ward on 22:20 - Dec 18 with 956 viewsMrTown

Grant Ward is not a Championship level player. A classic case of someone being better whilst injured.

But unfortunately the reality was he wasn’t great and rarely influenced any games at all.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Grant Ward on 23:01 - Dec 18 with 915 viewsrgp1

Grant Ward on 22:20 - Dec 18 by MrTown

Grant Ward is not a Championship level player. A classic case of someone being better whilst injured.

But unfortunately the reality was he wasn’t great and rarely influenced any games at all.

You may be right, however it seems to me that many a player these days are stifled by managers who play negative football so as to get something and not lose. Let's remember McCarthy was not alone in playing this brand of football.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024