Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nolan is "better box-to-box" 18:06 - Dec 18 with 1142 viewsKeaneish

Interesting comments from Nolan saying he's "beter suited in a box-to-box role". I've been saying as much for several weeks and that either him and Dozzell should swap over or he should drop in alongside Downes and let Judge come in and do the 10 role. I wonder what PL is seeing?

Also interesting to hear that the players aren't keen on squad rotation - obviously they wouldn't be but it's only PL who is. He's not stupid though, expect a more settled side now and fringe players to go out on loan in Jan.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Nolan is "better box-to-box" on 18:16 - Dec 18 with 1112 viewschicoazul

"He's not stupid though"
Hmmmm.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Nolan is "better box-to-box" on 18:17 - Dec 18 with 1110 viewslmfcblue

Love his comments
Nolan is "better box-to-box" on 18:24 - Dec 18 with 1096 viewsKentish_Tractor

All this does is prove that Paul Lambert is not a good manager.

Great PR man sure, but if the fans can see he's not getting the linup and formation right, and EVEN THE PLAYERS can see this; then surely there is something wrong there...

Poll: How often are you refreshing TWTD today?

Nolan is "better box-to-box" on 18:28 - Dec 18 with 1088 viewschicoazul

Nolan is "better box-to-box" on 18:24 - Dec 18 by Kentish_Tractor

All this does is prove that Paul Lambert is not a good manager.

Great PR man sure, but if the fans can see he's not getting the linup and formation right, and EVEN THE PLAYERS can see this; then surely there is something wrong there...

We have nobody at the club who can play a 10 and we have short strikers, so needless to say at the moment we are shoehorning a player into being a 10 and hitting lots of long balls.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Nolan is "better box-to-box" on 18:30 - Dec 18 with 1078 viewsLankHenners

If anything I'd expect the rotation to go up even more with the excuse that fixtures come 'thick and fast' this time of year.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Nolan is "better box-to-box" on 19:39 - Dec 18 with 1015 viewsBloomBlue

Hard to say, Eric Gates thought he was better in a striker role but Sir Bob didn't agree and as they say the rest is history.

PS I dont think Sir Bob ever encouraged Gates to drive as often as he did.
Nolan is "better box-to-box" on 19:39 - Dec 18 with 1014 viewshampstead_blue

Nolan is "better box-to-box" on 18:28 - Dec 18 by chicoazul

We have nobody at the club who can play a 10 and we have short strikers, so needless to say at the moment we are shoehorning a player into being a 10 and hitting lots of long balls.

Agree.

Play with what you have to get the best out of what you have.
Hardly rocket science!

Only stubborn and very single minded leaders would ignore that.

Not sure PL have hot on the best 11 and formation....

The rotation thing grinds me. These are young extremely fit people. You can't wrap them up that weakens them and you lose conditioning. When it gets really tough they are not conditioned to cope and get injured.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Nolan is "better box-to-box" on 20:04 - Dec 18 with 993 viewsReuser_is_God

Nolan is "better box-to-box" on 18:30 - Dec 18 by LankHenners

If anything I'd expect the rotation to go up even more with the excuse that fixtures come 'thick and fast' this time of year.

Yeah, I posted similar the other day.

We’ll have to suck up the rotation for a few more weeks but after that Exeter game we need to see a settled side, barring injury.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Login to get fewer ads

Nolan is "better box-to-box" on 20:22 - Dec 18 with 957 viewsKeaneish

Nolan is "better box-to-box" on 19:39 - Dec 18 by hampstead_blue

Agree.

Play with what you have to get the best out of what you have.
Hardly rocket science!

Only stubborn and very single minded leaders would ignore that.

Not sure PL have hot on the best 11 and formation....

The rotation thing grinds me. These are young extremely fit people. You can't wrap them up that weakens them and you lose conditioning. When it gets really tough they are not conditioned to cope and get injured.

I thought it was interesting that PL said Rowe “had played a lot of football”. I make it 10 or 11 starts!? That’s under half the games!!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024