Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Maybe slightly concerning comments by Nolan? 18:49 - Dec 18 with 1984 viewsMrTown

Although he is only speaking in terms of his own personal opinion, is his viewpoint of us playing too much longer a wider theme in the squad, probably yes. Obviously he is also talking about himself being played out of position. For me, Idris or Alan have to be in the 10, the most natural players.

Is this due to them not being coached properly.

Can’t quite work it, but Nolan will be dropped this week

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Maybe slightly concerning comments by Nolan? on 22:01 - Dec 18 with 1832 viewshaynes_toe1

Hes expressed himself very well but with Lambert under a little fan pressure because of his rotation policy I cant see him thanking Nolan for publically going against him..
Maybe slightly concerning comments by Nolan? on 22:35 - Dec 18 with 1804 viewsthatdamgood89

Maybe slightly concerning comments by Nolan? on 22:01 - Dec 18 by haynes_toe1

Hes expressed himself very well but with Lambert under a little fan pressure because of his rotation policy I cant see him thanking Nolan for publically going against him..

Not really. He said players don't like rotation and he is bang on. I've never met a player from prem down to the dog and duck Sunday league that enjoyed missing any game they were fit and healthy for.

I'd be more worried if Nolan had said he enjoys working parting time

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

Maybe slightly concerning comments by Nolan? on 22:39 - Dec 18 with 1790 viewsGarv

Nolan always seems to speak very openly and honestly, so it's not surprising in a way, but it is interesting.

I guess it's natural, players will have their own opinion on how we play and rotation etc, Nolan saying the words shouldn't make it huge news.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Maybe slightly concerning comments by Nolan? on 01:19 - Dec 19 with 1615 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Rotating the squad has killed us this season. I don't understand why Lambert has went down this road, we are in League One, not the Champions League/Premier League.

Find a system which works for our players and get to know your best 11 in that system. Then play the same 11 unless there is an injury or a player is out of sorts.

Under Robson and Burley you could name our best 11. Same with Royle and Magilton. I'm beginning to lose faith in Lambert, he needs a good Christmas/New Year period to get us back on track otherwise I can see a slide down the table and the fans turning.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Maybe slightly concerning comments by Nolan? on 07:44 - Dec 19 with 1428 viewsKeaneish

Maybe slightly concerning comments by Nolan? on 01:19 - Dec 19 by The_Last_Baron

Rotating the squad has killed us this season. I don't understand why Lambert has went down this road, we are in League One, not the Champions League/Premier League.

Find a system which works for our players and get to know your best 11 in that system. Then play the same 11 unless there is an injury or a player is out of sorts.

Under Robson and Burley you could name our best 11. Same with Royle and Magilton. I'm beginning to lose faith in Lambert, he needs a good Christmas/New Year period to get us back on track otherwise I can see a slide down the table and the fans turning.

I think you can only really make that assessment in the months toward the end of the season. If we’re fitter, fresher and sharper in the later months because of the rotation policy and romp home to a league title, no one will give a monkey’s about this then and hail PL for negotiating a tricky season.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Maybe slightly concerning comments by Nolan? on 09:24 - Dec 19 with 1307 viewsgosblue

Maybe slightly concerning comments by Nolan? on 07:44 - Dec 19 by Keaneish

I think you can only really make that assessment in the months toward the end of the season. If we’re fitter, fresher and sharper in the later months because of the rotation policy and romp home to a league title, no one will give a monkey’s about this then and hail PL for negotiating a tricky season.

I also think January will be a good indication of where we are, and not just in terms off league position. I think we all agree that the squad is too big and that some will probably be shown the door, especially now that we are out of two cups and in the knockout stages of the daft cup. I also think the balance of the squad isn’t right. We currently have no full backs and are a centre-half light. A creative central midfielder would also be nice. Because of this, it is difficult to find your best 18 never mind 11. Players who shouldn’t get anywhere near the first team squad have been given game time out of necessity. If PL gets the balance of the squad right, then squad rotation should be a natural process. Players pick up knocks or suspensions and if you have used your bench wisely, there are good players ready to take their place.
Maybe slightly concerning comments by Nolan? on 10:14 - Dec 19 with 1259 viewsMrTown

Maybe slightly concerning comments by Nolan? on 07:44 - Dec 19 by Keaneish

This is true however, we are out of two cups now. Only the cup where the kids are going to play all the way to the final.

So he must settle on a team here on out now, with slight rotation for niggles etc.

If that works, he’s pulled a blinder to be honest and a few would have to eat there words.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Maybe slightly concerning comments by Nolan? on 10:21 - Dec 19 with 1244 viewshaynes_toe1

Maybe slightly concerning comments by Nolan? on 22:35 - Dec 18 by thatdamgood89

Not really. He said players don't like rotation and he is bang on. I've never met a player from prem down to the dog and duck Sunday league that enjoyed missing any game they were fit and healthy for.

I'd be more worried if Nolan had said he enjoys working parting time

I'm not saying Nolans wrong, quite the opposite. I'm saying that when your manager is getting some flack for doing something, openly siding with those who are giving him flack may not go down well with the manager. That's hardly rocket science.

I don't expect Nolan to be happy working part time, I'm personally happy with what he's said. From Lamberts point of view, i'm sure he'd much rather Nolan said "Players want to play every game but the manager knows what he's doing and it's the right thing to do".
Login to get fewer ads

Maybe slightly concerning comments by Nolan? on 11:12 - Dec 19 with 1203 viewspointofblue

Maybe slightly concerning comments by Nolan? on 01:19 - Dec 19 by The_Last_Baron

I understand what you’re saying and mostly agree but I’m sure Magilton was heavily criticised for rotation, especially near the end of his reign?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Maybe slightly concerning comments by Nolan? on 11:32 - Dec 19 with 1176 viewsOsborneOneNil

Maybe slightly concerning comments by Nolan? on 10:14 - Dec 19 by MrTown

This is true however, we are out of two cups now. Only the cup where the kids are going to play all the way to the final.

So he must settle on a team here on out now, with slight rotation for niggles etc.

If that works, he’s pulled a blinder to be honest and a few would have to eat there words.

Look at Wolves and Sheffield United, they are doing fantastically well and hardly change their starting XI.

I think PL is trying to be too clever.
Maybe slightly concerning comments by Nolan? on 12:45 - Dec 19 with 1108 viewsSwansea_Blue

I think he's spot on in the main. "as a team and with the individual players that we have, we’re set up to play through the thirds. Most of our players are more comfortable with the ball on the floor, me included." That certainly applies through the midfield, possibly less so with our defence as a whole though, and that's the platform you need to play that way.

Needs must in the number 10 role as we don't have many 'thread the eye through the eye of the needle' kind of players. Judge would probably be my choice, although poor this season.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024