Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January Changes 12:24 - Dec 19 with 1011 viewsWestcountryblue

Firstly and foremost, the first change PL will need to make going forward is the squad rotation policy. He needs to identify his strongest 11 and preferred style of play/formation and stick with it. While this might upset those on the periphery, I think short term loans should be found for the likes of Huws and maybe even Judge, who probably need 6-7 back to back games.

Going up this season is an absolute must if we wish to see Woolfenden, Downes et al in the a blue shirt again next season. I'm also unsure of ME's staying power if we miss out on the extra 9.2m in television money earned through being the Championship.

Personally, I think we still have the elements of a fantastic squad at this level, but a few tweaks are needed to allow PL to play his preferred 4-5-1 and 4-3-3 systems / address the question marks we still have in certain positions of the pitch.

Out : Nsiala, Roberts, Białkowski, Georgiou
Out on loan : Morris, Folami, Mizouni, Cotter (all preferably to league 1 or 2 sides)
1 or 2 Month Loan : Huws, Judge, Bishop potentially....all of the following need about 4-5 games back to back, so they can contribute during the important run in.

In : Tommy Smith (CB), Left Winger, RB/RWB

I think 3 quality additions in positions that are still question marks will do the trick, especially with the quality of players we have returning. Too much chopping and changing could be dangerous for the dynamic of the team at this stage in time.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2019 12:26]
January Changes on 13:10 - Dec 19 with 927 viewsJimmyJazz

Are 1 or 2 month loans still a thing? Thought it was season long or half season loans these days

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

January Changes on 14:54 - Dec 19 with 850 viewsWickets

But is Tommy out of our price range now ?
January Changes on 20:01 - Dec 19 with 741 viewsWestcountryblue

January Changes on 14:54 - Dec 19 by Wickets

But is Tommy out of our price range now ?

He's always stated that he'd like to end his career with Ipswich. Even for half a season, he'd be exactly what we need alongside Chambers or/and Woolfenden. A real threat from set pieces.
January Changes on 20:07 - Dec 19 with 734 viewsPecker

Get rid of Lambert. He has had enough time to stamp his mark on our club, but has failed.
January Changes on 09:19 - Dec 20 with 593 viewsWickets

January Changes on 20:01 - Dec 19 by Westcountryblue

He's always stated that he'd like to end his career with Ipswich. Even for half a season, he'd be exactly what we need alongside Chambers or/and Woolfenden. A real threat from set pieces.

Well i'd love to have him back but Phil seems to think another offer from Colarado is likely and there has also been rumours that That Cowleys at Huddersfield are talking to him so seems unlikely we could tempt him while in league 1 .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024