Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team news 14:00 - Dec 21 with 1994 viewsMullet

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Team news on 14:02 - Dec 21 with 1801 viewsMullet

Team news on 14:02 - Dec 21 with 1789 viewsBluefish

Shambles

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Team news on 14:02 - Dec 21 with 1781 viewsDennyx4

Looks 532 with Edwards & Garbutt as wing backs
Team news on 14:02 - Dec 21 with 1775 viewspointofblue

Another game of Lambert lottery. So what have we got?

Norris
Chambers - Woolfenden - Nsiala - Garbutt
Skuse - Downes - Nolan
Edwards - Norwood - Keane

We need all the help we can get.

ETA - I didn’t even think about wing backs. He’s changing the formation again isn’t he? Does he want to be in a job by February?
[Post edited 21 Dec 2019 14:03]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Team news on 14:05 - Dec 21 with 1651 viewsBluefish

Team news on 14:02 - Dec 21 by Dennyx4

Looks 532 with Edwards & Garbutt as wing backs

5 in defence and Skuse and Downes will not ever be tolerated by our fan base......oh

Team news on 14:05 - Dec 21 with 1656 viewsJDB23

Edwards and Nsiala in defence, what could go wrong.
Team news on 14:07 - Dec 21 with 1595 viewsWestover

Team news on 14:05 - Dec 21 by JDB23

I was thinking the same 😱
Team news on 14:08 - Dec 21 with 1549 viewsWD19

Team news on 14:02 - Dec 21 by pointofblue

Another game of Lambert lottery. So what have we got?

Norris
Chambers - Woolfenden - Nsiala - Garbutt
Skuse - Downes - Nolan
Edwards - Norwood - Keane

We need all the help we can get.

ETA - I didn’t even think about wing backs. He’s changing the formation again isn’t he? Does he want to be in a job by February?
[Post edited 21 Dec 2019 14:03]

He’s picked the wrong club if he is angling for a swift pay off.....
Login to get fewer ads

Team news on 14:09 - Dec 21 with 1535 viewsjas0999

Looks like a very confused team selection.
Team news on 14:11 - Dec 21 with 1451 viewsStokieBlue

Absolute joke to drop Jackson.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Team news on 14:14 - Dec 21 with 1381 viewsMrTown

Give me a point I wouldn’t get on the bus - MM, 2012-2018

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Team news on 14:14 - Dec 21 with 1365 viewsStowTractorBoy

I really wonder if Lambert has lost the plot. What a dreadful line up. Nsiala a walking disaster. Holy must really be frustrated - Keane for Jackson really. No creativity in midfield - how can we expect to perform when so many changes are made every game. This strategy is clearly not working but still Lambert is seemingly as stubborn as our last Manager.
In football you never know so just hope for the best but not confident with this line up.
Team news on 14:25 - Dec 21 with 1171 viewsMullet

Feels like the tide has turned against Lambert then looking at this thread, twitter etc. Lose today and we will see pressure mounting this month then?

I still think sacking him is wrong and will only harm the club. We should be capable of taking the game to them today and a point away is always fine in theory. My one fear is that he does like to talk about walking away from the club as if it's nothing to him, I sense he is far more thin-skinned than most of our previous managers sometimes.

Team news on 14:30 - Dec 21 with 1114 viewshampstead_blue

I don't know what to make if it.

As a player you need consistency to perform at your best.
This tactic sucks......

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Team news on 14:30 - Dec 21 with 1110 viewspointofblue

Team news on 14:14 - Dec 21 by StowTractorBoy

I really wonder if Lambert has lost the plot. What a dreadful line up. Nsiala a walking disaster. Holy must really be frustrated - Keane for Jackson really. No creativity in midfield - how can we expect to perform when so many changes are made every game. This strategy is clearly not working but still Lambert is seemingly as stubborn as our last Manager.
In football you never know so just hope for the best but not confident with this line up.

To be pedantic Chambers, Nsiala or Edwards has replaced Jackson; Keane was there last week and didn’t do a bad job overall.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2019 14:32]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Team news on 14:31 - Dec 21 with 1091 viewsLankHenners

The daft tw@t’s lost it.

Best performing striker out, ‘keeper changed again for no reason, limited but solid CB out for erratic one who struggled in a 3 last time, actual RB fit but not starting, no midfielder to link back to front, neither wing back a wing back, one not even a defender and another formation change.

Fck sake.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Team news on 14:36 - Dec 21 with 1037 viewsMullet

Team news on 14:31 - Dec 21 by LankHenners

The daft tw@t’s lost it.

Best performing striker out, ‘keeper changed again for no reason, limited but solid CB out for erratic one who struggled in a 3 last time, actual RB fit but not starting, no midfielder to link back to front, neither wing back a wing back, one not even a defender and another formation change.

Fck sake.

In defence of the keeper thing, I think there's two things to consider. Holy massively improved very quickly, having watched Jimmy Walker at work this season he's really impressed me. When we got Holy I assumed he was one for the future and he still has a few big flaws.

However, I was wrong about Norris, I thought he'd storm in and make the shirt his and he hasn't been as good as he's looked previously. I guess the argument is that neither have been given much time to settle there though.

I think we need supply and if the wingbacks are more wingers it can work in our favour if we can contain Pompey and maximise our supply by curtailing theirs. Harrison to score seems nailed on, but likewise I really rate Keane and think Norwood will do well out of him. Replacing either with Jackson might be ideal if we are dragged into a scrap and need that bit extra.

But I can see the argument as I'm frustrated by PL's lack of subs and propensity to bring them on too late to turn a game. It feels like this is a much bigger game now the line up is out.

Team news on 14:40 - Dec 21 with 982 viewsHerbivore

He just doesn't give a toss anymore, does he? Comedy line up.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Team news on 14:58 - Dec 21 with 853 viewsGeoffSentence

I can confirm that this is another completely new starting lineup.

We have not had an 11 starting twice so far this season.

Every game has been a completely fresh line up.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Team news on 15:01 - Dec 21 with 839 viewsbrogansnose

Team news on 14:25 - Dec 21 by Mullet

Feels like the tide has turned against Lambert then looking at this thread, twitter etc. Lose today and we will see pressure mounting this month then?

I still think sacking him is wrong and will only harm the club. We should be capable of taking the game to them today and a point away is always fine in theory. My one fear is that he does like to talk about walking away from the club as if it's nothing to him, I sense he is far more thin-skinned than most of our previous managers sometimes.

You can't sack the bloke for reasons you stated last week as well as the fact that atm we're second. Add to that , I can't see ME sacking him and will continue with this concept that later on in the season the rotation will start to tell. If anything that is counting against him is the lack of style, identity and bizzare rotations coupled with the belief, which isn't without some basis, that if we don't bounce back up that we're down in the swamp for however long. He's still got until the end of the season for me.

From his position, he needs to make this a success seeing as his track record isn't that fabulous on paper. Walking away won't make him look good with a supportive, patient owner.
Team news on 15:02 - Dec 21 with 833 viewsTractorWood

Team news on 14:25 - Dec 21 by Mullet

Nah this is Suffolk. He's got another 18 months of haphazard team selections and flattering to deceive.

I think he's doing an ok job. Just our midfield looks a bit clueless.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2019 15:03]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Team news on 15:05 - Dec 21 with 805 viewsBluefish

Team news on 14:58 - Dec 21 by GeoffSentence

I can confirm that this is another completely new starting lineup.

We have not had an 11 starting twice so far this season.

Every game has been a completely fresh line up.

That can't be right? Not starting twice in a row is bad but never starting twice is ridiculous and shows evidence of being clueless to what you actually want

Team news on 15:07 - Dec 21 with 793 viewsbraveblue

Unbelievable. Nolan awful last week and told the press he was out of position. Nsiala and Edwards - really. We have a right back who has been performing well. We have our own keeper. Going to be a lot of flack when we lose this one.
Team news on 15:16 - Dec 21 with 741 viewsGeoffSentence

Team news on 15:05 - Dec 21 by Bluefish

That can't be right? Not starting twice in a row is bad but never starting twice is ridiculous and shows evidence of being clueless to what you actually want

It is truly remarkable, twenty nine games into the season and we still havent started with an 11 more than once*.

*Unless I have miscalculated. Would be delighted for someone else to verify it.

Team news on 15:33 - Dec 21 with 646 viewsGeoffSentence

Team news on 14:05 - Dec 21 by JDB23

Both been booked already.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024