Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How we all used to laugh 17:17 - Dec 21 with 2456 viewsGuthrum

at clubs who sacked their managers while at the top end of whatever division they were in.

Now, at least for some, it is a genuine dilemma. A fear that he may end up costing us a vital promotion has put us in that place.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

How we all used to laugh on 09:46 - Dec 22 with 295 viewsBluefish

How we all used to laugh on 09:29 - Dec 22 by blueislander

You are going to be so upset if we start winning games again, and end up getting promoted.

I can assure you inwokt be upset if PR Paul finds a style and direction and starts getting the best out of the squad. I have lost faith that he can because it has been far too long though. Your strange response tells me that you have made PRP bigger than Ipseich though

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

How we all used to laugh on 09:49 - Dec 22 with 289 viewsDennyx4

How we all used to laugh on 08:36 - Dec 22 by Radlett_blue

Lambert did initially try to impose a different style of play on the team - splitting the centre backs, playing it out from defence & sticking to 4-3-3. It looked better at times but was just as disastrous in terms of results as the Hurst regime. However, there was at least a pattern of play.
Lambert must have decided that either we don't have the quality of player to do this (e.g. Chambers, Nsiala, Wilson) so he's abandoned the strategy. Nothing particularly wrong with that, but he seems to have no preferred system and makes several team changes for every game so no wonder that Town look like a pick-up team on a Sunday park. His job this season is to get us promoted, but on the form of the last 11 games you wouldn't bet on it or a quick turnaround in form.

I think Lambert's preferred formation is 4-3-3, however the wide players haven't worked and am not sure he is convinced that we have the striker to play the lone centre forward role.

Not an excuse for the constant tinkering, but feels like he wants to get two strikers on the pitch. and is trying to get a system that suits that. 442 or 532.

The issue with 442, can be being outnumbered in central midfield where most teams play 3.

Harrison yesterday showed how to play the lone striker role (He used his strength and pace)
How we all used to laugh on 09:52 - Dec 22 with 276 viewsBluefish

How we all used to laugh on 09:49 - Dec 22 by Dennyx4

I think Lambert's preferred formation is 4-3-3, however the wide players haven't worked and am not sure he is convinced that we have the striker to play the lone centre forward role.

Not an excuse for the constant tinkering, but feels like he wants to get two strikers on the pitch. and is trying to get a system that suits that. 442 or 532.

The issue with 442, can be being outnumbered in central midfield where most teams play 3.

Harrison yesterday showed how to play the lone striker role (He used his strength and pace)

Shame that Lambert had some sort of personality clash with Harrison and also with Donacien because we looked better with Donacien on yesterday. He isn't the best player in the world but at least he played the position properly

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

How we all used to laugh on 09:59 - Dec 22 with 262 viewsDennyx4

How we all used to laugh on 09:52 - Dec 22 by Bluefish

Shame that Lambert had some sort of personality clash with Harrison and also with Donacien because we looked better with Donacien on yesterday. He isn't the best player in the world but at least he played the position properly

Agree, Donacien should have been the sub for Nsiala in the first half, not Judge - I also dont want to see Skuse anywhere near the back 3 or 4 again, strange decision.

Donacien is a good enough right back in this league, wonder if he didnt play as we started with wing-backs and he is more suited to a back 4.

Harrison seems to be the ideal type of forward for Lambert.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024