Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This season is starting to look very iffy 17:21 - Dec 21 with 921 viewsDarth_Koont

Out of form and now slipping back into the play-offs (and possibly out of them) we're now starting to look like a lower midtable side but in League One.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables/competition:league-one/form/matches:10/type

Today, we weren't good enough against a fairly ordinary Pompey. It's just that we were even more ordinary. And unfortunately it seems to be a fairly typical performance even going back to our early season when we were popping up with goals and results.

Pronouns: He/Him

This season is starting to look very iffy on 17:24 - Dec 21 with 887 viewsHerbivore

Lambert doesn't seem to have a clue, I think that's the biggest issue. You can't make several changes every week and play a different system almost every game and expect it to work.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

This season is starting to look very iffy on 17:25 - Dec 21 with 869 viewsurbanblue

This season is starting to look very iffy on 17:24 - Dec 21 by Herbivore

Lambert doesn't seem to have a clue, I think that's the biggest issue. You can't make several changes every week and play a different system almost every game and expect it to work.

... and play more then one system during every game!

Today was very, very poor.
This season is starting to look very iffy on 17:28 - Dec 21 with 843 viewsDarth_Koont

Not sure what the best XI would look like given how little evidence there is for anything that works before it just gets changed again. But as we consistently look like strangers every game, he just needs to pick something and stick with it so the players build some sort of understanding with their team-mates and also understanding of their own roles.

Currently, it only looks like Woolfenden, Downes and Jackson know what they're doing on the pitch.

This season is starting to look very iffy on 17:38 - Dec 21 with 782 viewslongtimefan

This season is starting to look very iffy on 17:28 - Dec 21 by Darth_Koont

Not sure what the best XI would look like given how little evidence there is for anything that works before it just gets changed again. But as we consistently look like strangers every game, he just needs to pick something and stick with it so the players build some sort of understanding with their team-mates and also understanding of their own roles.

Currently, it only looks like Woolfenden, Downes and Jackson know what they're doing on the pitch.

On today’s evidence I’m not sure I’d include even Downes in a hat group,
This season is starting to look very iffy on 17:44 - Dec 21 with 749 viewsDarth_Koont

This season is starting to look very iffy on 17:38 - Dec 21 by longtimefan

Sure. Not his best game today but he regularly looks like he knows what position to take up and what he's meant to be doing.

This season is starting to look very iffy on 17:54 - Dec 21 with 722 viewspointofblue

This season is starting to look very iffy on 17:38 - Dec 21 by longtimefan

His role probably changed (again) to accommodate Skuse whereas in the last two league games it was clear who should do what in the Downes - Dozzell - Nolan line up.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

This season is starting to look very iffy on 18:05 - Dec 21 with 674 viewsKeaneish

The writing was on the wall after the first few mins when we stood off them and allowed a free effort on goal, exactly the same as their winner.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

This season is starting to look very iffy on 18:19 - Dec 21 with 646 viewsChrisd

Yes, I find I'm agreeing with you once again Herbivore. I think PL is clueless and is getting found out as a our manager. I think we also have to accept that our squad isn't quite as good as many have you believe too, it's not full of quality. It has a sprinkling of it amongst the starting XI, other than that we're a bang average L1 side.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2019 18:31]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024