Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's time for a brave decision Evans..... 20:53 - Dec 21 with 5296 viewsBloots

…..he has to go, and he has to go quickly.

Act now, before we are languishing in mid table.

If we don't go up this year we will be stuck here for a long time, we'll be a 3rd Division club with no future and a £100m "debt".

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 21:08 - Dec 21 with 3886 viewsjontysnut

Where are we on the managerial spectrum

Blip
Wobble
I'd take this at beginning of season
Sticky patch
Tricky spell
I've got every faith in the lads
Poor run of form
No-one's promoted before xmas
Difficult period
Bad run - there's no denying
I'm the best man for the job
We can't buy a win
The chairman's right behind me
I'm disapointed
Well be back better and stronger
We go again
It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 21:12 - Dec 21 with 3855 viewsWD19

It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 21:08 - Dec 21 by jontysnut

Where are we on the managerial spectrum

Blip
Wobble
I'd take this at beginning of season
Sticky patch
Tricky spell
I've got every faith in the lads
Poor run of form
No-one's promoted before xmas
Difficult period
Bad run - there's no denying
I'm the best man for the job
We can't buy a win
The chairman's right behind me
I'm disapointed
Well be back better and stronger
We go again

We are wobblier than Neil Shipperley stood in the dock.
It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 21:15 - Dec 21 with 3843 viewsSomethingBlue

No, this is our first major wobble of the season and I think we need to see what happens over the next month. Doesn't make sense to rip anything up now. I am with you though that this season is sh7t or bust and I do get why we are all jumpy.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 22:16 - Dec 21 with 3648 viewsagentp

It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 21:15 - Dec 21 by SomethingBlue

No, this is our first major wobble of the season and I think we need to see what happens over the next month. Doesn't make sense to rip anything up now. I am with you though that this season is sh7t or bust and I do get why we are all jumpy.

It has to be now surely, any new manager would need to bring in a few of his own guys.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 22:46 - Dec 21 with 3540 viewsTerry_Nutkins

The brave decision is just to back the guy. And it's only brave because fans can't handle a few bad results anymore. When did we all lose perpective and backbone.

Obviously he's got.to start posting results. We're miles off a sacking. Miles. Another 3 losses in a row might nake Evans a bit twitchy but that won't happen. We'll be in the fight come the end of the season.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 22:49 - Dec 21 with 3519 viewsRyorry

It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 22:46 - Dec 21 by Terry_Nutkins

The brave decision is just to back the guy. And it's only brave because fans can't handle a few bad results anymore. When did we all lose perpective and backbone.

Obviously he's got.to start posting results. We're miles off a sacking. Miles. Another 3 losses in a row might nake Evans a bit twitchy but that won't happen. We'll be in the fight come the end of the season.

Well, you're certainly brave to post a bit of common sense on here

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 22:56 - Dec 21 with 3469 viewsPJH

We should not need to be in the fight come the end of the season because with what we have got we should make the top two reasonably comfortably.

On recent form we will not even make the playoffs.

I am not saying PL should go but he should have the sense to stop messing about with his team selections and then he might get the results that he should be getting.
It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 22:58 - Dec 21 with 3453 viewsTractorJed

Neil Warnock is at home watching tele
Login to get fewer ads

It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 22:59 - Dec 21 with 3448 viewsstrikalite

I think i have to agree, he's not ruthless enough for this game really, he's a sit's on his hands type of guy....if doesn't take three points and with it a decent performance against Gills on BD he'd be gone, the truth is even early on when scraping one nil wins we were pretty poor, there are a list of things now that grind my gears about him unfortunately..
It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 23:04 - Dec 21 with 3423 viewsagentp

It just seems to be going a bit too Mick-like. That's both on the pitch and in Lambert's demeanour. I guess we will see, but dreading a 2nd half of the season like the previous two.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 23:41 - Dec 21 with 3328 viewspointofblue

I can accept defeats. Defeats happen. At the start of the season a trip to Fratton Park could always result in a loss. It's the lack of style, direction and identity that is getting on my nerves - we must be the only team in the football league (and perhaps lower) not to have a first choice goalkeeper, for example.

At the very least pick a formation and stick with it; let players get used to their roles and, for the most part, each other.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 23:44 - Dec 21 with 3320 viewsOxford_Blue

So you sack a manager after a few bad results when we are in the challenge for promotion?

Good god get a grip.
It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 00:45 - Dec 22 with 3238 viewsSporall

Unlikely you even saw the game.

Swear down. Said a 10 year old, once.
It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 01:13 - Dec 22 with 3178 viewsMrTown

Relax, relax and just play the game.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 01:41 - Dec 22 with 3144 viewsBiGDonnie

Who Evans or Lambert?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 05:55 - Dec 22 with 3073 viewsIllinoisblue

This is the sort of blubby post you regularly mock others for

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 08:31 - Dec 22 with 2881 viewsTerry_Nutkins

It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 23:41 - Dec 21 by pointofblue

I can accept defeats. Defeats happen. At the start of the season a trip to Fratton Park could always result in a loss. It's the lack of style, direction and identity that is getting on my nerves - we must be the only team in the football league (and perhaps lower) not to have a first choice goalkeeper, for example.

At the very least pick a formation and stick with it; let players get used to their roles and, for the most part, each other.

It's massively frustrating. But so much of it is confidence. When results dip and everyone is getting twitchy the right ball becomes more difficult. Kicking long and not being the one to take someone on and lose it 3rd becomes the East ball. We're off the boil for sure. We need 2 wins in bounce and you start to see a better performance.

It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 10:30 - Dec 22 with 2699 viewsBluefish

It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 21:15 - Dec 21 by SomethingBlue

Please can you name a game where we have looked convincing?

Please also name our plan A or our 1st choice side?

We are a shambles

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 10:38 - Dec 22 with 2656 viewsHerbivore

It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 08:31 - Dec 22 by Terry_Nutkins

It's massively frustrating. But so much of it is confidence. When results dip and everyone is getting twitchy the right ball becomes more difficult. Kicking long and not being the one to take someone on and lose it 3rd becomes the East ball. We're off the boil for sure. We need 2 wins in bounce and you start to see a better performance.

It's not confidence. We've lacked any semblance of style or shape all season and that continues to be the case. Other sides are now in their stride and their team is greater than the sum of its parts, for us the opposite is true. That's on the manager. Other than being against sacking managers as a point of principle, especially when still high up the table, I've not seen much of an argument for why Lambert is the man to take us forward. Does he look to you like he has a plan and knows what he's doing? He doesn't to me, that's the worrying thing.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 11:06 - Dec 22 with 2566 viewsArnieM

Although Bloots post has annoyed s few on here ( down arrow indicated), there is a lot of truth in what he says , unpalatable as it may be. The question is, is this also on Evans’ mind, and would this reality force him to make a move sooner rather than later to replace PL ?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 11:55 - Dec 22 with 2484 viewsTerry_Nutkins

It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 11:06 - Dec 22 by ArnieM

Although Bloots post has annoyed s few on here ( down arrow indicated), there is a lot of truth in what he says , unpalatable as it may be. The question is, is this also on Evans’ mind, and would this reality force him to make a move sooner rather than later to replace PL ?

Sacking Lambert whilst we are 3rd and game in hand back into auto spots won't even be 1% in Evans mind. He's done a good job this season. We're having a horrible spell but talk of sacking is frankly mental. it's laughable honestly. Obviously if the spell goes another 4-5 games then sure. But i don't see it happening.

It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 11:57 - Dec 22 with 2465 viewsHerbivore

It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 11:55 - Dec 22 by Terry_Nutkins

Sacking Lambert whilst we are 3rd and game in hand back into auto spots won't even be 1% in Evans mind. He's done a good job this season. We're having a horrible spell but talk of sacking is frankly mental. it's laughable honestly. Obviously if the spell goes another 4-5 games then sure. But i don't see it happening.

Why don't you see it happening? What is Lambert doing that makes you confident he'll turn it around in the next 4 or 5 games? I disagree that he's done a good job this season, it's been an average job at best.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 11:59 - Dec 22 with 2463 viewspointofblue

It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 11:57 - Dec 22 by Herbivore

Why don't you see it happening? What is Lambert doing that makes you confident he'll turn it around in the next 4 or 5 games? I disagree that he's done a good job this season, it's been an average job at best.

My hope is that yesterday is a wake up call but it’s very slim - if Accrington and Rotherham didn’t make him take stock then a loss away to a team who have not yet been defeated at home isn’t going to change things.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 12:11 - Dec 22 with 2433 viewsbraveblue

Nonsense
It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 12:14 - Dec 22 with 2419 viewsHARRY10

It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 21:12 - Dec 21 by WD19

We are wobblier than Neil Shipperley stood in the dock.

Though not as wobbly as Gemma Collins in front of the buffet
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024