Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can we get promoted by just beating the bottom 10 or 12 teams? 22:00 - Dec 21 with 477 viewsBent_double

Clearly we have an issue with not being able to beat any of the better teams in this league, but there are 10 or 12 pretty poor teams, most of which we have beaten once already.

As much as I would be happy with a different manager, as Lambert clearly isn't able to get the best out of a decent bunch of players at this level, but I really don't think ME is likely to sack him unless we drop out of the top 6.

Of course we'd need to finish top 2 to avoid the inevitable defeat in the POs, probably need 16 wins to get us over 80 points, so I guess I've answered my own question......no.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Can we get promoted by just beating the bottom 10 or 12 teams? on 10:43 - Dec 22 with 369 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Lots of things are 'possible'.

Theoretically it would be possible in a 24-team league to finish second with 44 points. (This season with 23 teams second place could have gone to a team with 42 points).

In theory it is clearly possible to be promoted having only beaten bottom-half teams. It could happen with us this season though is obviously very unlikely.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024