Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Parents - how much do you spend on kids at Christmas? 01:44 - Dec 22 with 3278 viewsBiGDonnie

I’ve done £300 on them all today and I know I’m going to wrap it tomorrow and still want to buy them more!

I know it’s relative, but how much do you spend?

Edit - tried to edit as I put it on the football page and it deleted my entire post!
[Post edited 22 Dec 2019 1:46]

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Parents - how much do you spend on kids at Christmas? on 03:57 - Dec 22 with 1959 viewsrapier

I dropped 90 notes on my grandmother, no.5 and a rose bush...
Parents - how much do you spend on kids at Christmas? on 09:12 - Dec 22 with 1831 viewshampstead_blue

Around £100 on each of the three boys.
The same for Mrs H

We don't go large on presents.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Parents - how much do you spend on kids at Christmas? on 09:20 - Dec 22 with 1815 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Parents - how much do you spend on kids at Christmas? on 09:12 - Dec 22 by hampstead_blue

Around £100 on each of the three boys.
The same for Mrs H

We don't go large on presents.

I'd say £100 is going pretty large on your children. £30 is enough, get them Kerplunk and a selection box and there'll be no complaints.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Parents - how much do you spend on kids at Christmas? on 09:24 - Dec 22 with 1801 viewsWD19

Nothing. That’s Mrs WD19 department.
Parents - how much do you spend on kids at Christmas? on 09:28 - Dec 22 with 1785 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Parents - how much do you spend on kids at Christmas? on 09:24 - Dec 22 by WD19

Nothing. That’s Mrs WD19 department.

But surely it comes out of the housekeeping money you bestow upon her!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Parents - how much do you spend on kids at Christmas? on 09:36 - Dec 22 with 1767 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Too feckin much.

Ungrateful b@@@ers eating and drinking their way through the house like Pac-man.

Bah bloody humbug.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Parents - how much do you spend on kids at Christmas? on 09:39 - Dec 22 with 1744 viewsDarth_Koont

About 100 quid each on small, fun stuff. They're 14 and 17 year-old girls with their own ideas about what they want. So buying them stuff to take back to the shop or giving them cold, hard cash doesn't feel very Christmassy.

I remember that we all reined it in about 5 or 6 years ago after my father-in-law spent an embarrassing amount that even made my daughters feel awkward.

Pronouns: He/Him

Parents - how much do you spend on kids at Christmas? on 09:41 - Dec 22 with 1744 viewsgiant_stow

I never thought I'd be a splash the cash dad, but an arsenal kit with printing cost £100 precisely. Had to get something else to actually play with too. Seems a lot to me, but maybe not to most

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

Parents - how much do you spend on kids at Christmas? on 09:47 - Dec 22 with 1712 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Parents - how much do you spend on kids at Christmas? on 09:41 - Dec 22 by giant_stow

I never thought I'd be a splash the cash dad, but an arsenal kit with printing cost £100 precisely. Had to get something else to actually play with too. Seems a lot to me, but maybe not to most

You are wrong on so many levels Ullaa that it is a little frightening.

Parents - how much do you spend on kids at Christmas? on 09:49 - Dec 22 with 1699 viewsgiant_stow

Parents - how much do you spend on kids at Christmas? on 09:47 - Dec 22 by BanksterDebtSlave

Arsenal? Too much?! Seems like I'm accidently hitting the median weirdly.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Parents - how much do you spend on kids at Christmas? on 09:50 - Dec 22 with 1689 viewsWD19

Parents - how much do you spend on kids at Christmas? on 09:28 - Dec 22 by BanksterDebtSlave

But surely it comes out of the housekeeping money you bestow upon her!

How Victorian. I am much more forward thinking. I let her work part time so she has some money to pay for all the food shopping and this kind of thing.
Parents - how much do you spend on kids at Christmas? on 09:50 - Dec 22 with 1685 viewsBluefish

Just over 350 each this year, thankfully less than last year but the 2 eldest got new phones last year which are obviously stupidly expensive.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Parents - how much do you spend on kids at Christmas? on 09:51 - Dec 22 with 1677 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Parents - how much do you spend on kids at Christmas? on 09:49 - Dec 22 by giant_stow

Arsenal? Too much?! Seems like I'm accidently hitting the median weirdly.

Not the money.

Parents - how much do you spend on kids at Christmas? on 09:51 - Dec 22 with 1673 viewsWD19

Parents - how much do you spend on kids at Christmas? on 09:41 - Dec 22 by giant_stow

A football!?
Parents - how much do you spend on kids at Christmas? on 09:57 - Dec 22 with 1638 viewsmonytowbray

Spent about 100 on my daughter, but I used it making her a custom studded and patched jacket myself by hand (she wanted one like her old man).

She’s had a holiday in London, Paris and Disneyland this year, as well as God knows how much through the year on stuff. Even kids you live in a different country of are expensive LOL.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Parents - how much do you spend on kids at Christmas? on 10:01 - Dec 22 with 1625 viewssparks

Parents - how much do you spend on kids at Christmas? on 09:50 - Dec 22 by Bluefish

Just over 350 each this year, thankfully less than last year but the 2 eldest got new phones last year which are obviously stupidly expensive.

Phones are £90

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Parents - how much do you spend on kids at Christmas? on 10:01 - Dec 22 with 1624 viewsgiant_stow

Parents - how much do you spend on kids at Christmas? on 09:51 - Dec 22 by WD19

A football!?

He's got about 5, so no! A cheap toy drone.

Parents - how much do you spend on kids at Christmas? on 10:02 - Dec 22 with 1616 viewsgiant_stow

Parents - how much do you spend on kids at Christmas? on 09:51 - Dec 22 by BanksterDebtSlave

Not the money.

Ah just in general. Fair enough

Parents - how much do you spend on kids at Christmas? on 10:07 - Dec 22 with 1596 viewshoppy

About 16 or so hours a day probably... which is more than I can spend when working...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Parents - how much do you spend on kids at Christmas? on 10:45 - Dec 22 with 1527 viewsnoggin

About 50 on some gaming stuff she wanted, then 150 on clothes she really needs.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Parents - how much do you spend on kids at Christmas? on 10:48 - Dec 22 with 1516 viewsBluefish

Parents - how much do you spend on kids at Christmas? on 10:01 - Dec 22 by sparks

Phones are £90

No they are not

Parents - how much do you spend on kids at Christmas? on 10:52 - Dec 22 with 1499 viewsnoggin

Parents - how much do you spend on kids at Christmas? on 10:01 - Dec 22 by sparks

Phones are £90

No, they're 1100 quid innit.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Parents - how much do you spend on kids at Christmas? on 10:54 - Dec 22 with 1496 viewsBluefish

Parents - how much do you spend on kids at Christmas? on 10:52 - Dec 22 by noggin

No, they're 1100 quid innit.

Precisely we went for iphone 6s last year so far from being new and they were still 300 each. I have no idea how these kids have the latest phones these days from normal families

Parents - how much do you spend on kids at Christmas? on 10:55 - Dec 22 with 1490 viewssparks

Parents - how much do you spend on kids at Christmas? on 10:48 - Dec 22 by Bluefish

No they are not

Yes. They are.

Unless you pander to their desires to haev the latest, or coolest brand.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Parents - how much do you spend on kids at Christmas? on 10:59 - Dec 22 with 1475 viewsGeoffSentence

Parents - how much do you spend on kids at Christmas? on 09:47 - Dec 22 by BanksterDebtSlave

We should be grateful it wasnt a budgie kit I suppose. That's pretty decent parenting for a nodger.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024