Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wolves goalkeeper wearing Number 11 08:21 - Dec 22 with 797 viewsroysboys

A bit of a nerdy question but has an outfield player ever worn a number 1 shirt?

Blog: Pig Tales - An Old Story Brought Bang Up to Date

Wolves goalkeeper wearing Number 11 on 08:25 - Dec 22 with 787 viewsBlueNomad

Ossie Ardilles
Wolves goalkeeper wearing Number 11 on 08:27 - Dec 22 with 782 viewsRadlett_blue

Yes, when player-manager at Barnet Edgar Davids awarded himself the squad number "1" for the 2013-14 season. He didn't actually set an example, getting booked in each of the first 8 games he played in that season & being sent off in 3 of them. He was gone by January.
I think he wore #1 when Town played there in a pre-season friendly which I attended in 2013.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Wolves goalkeeper wearing Number 11 on 08:38 - Dec 22 with 767 viewsroysboys

Wolves goalkeeper wearing Number 11 on 08:27 - Dec 22 by Radlett_blue

Yes, when player-manager at Barnet Edgar Davids awarded himself the squad number "1" for the 2013-14 season. He didn't actually set an example, getting booked in each of the first 8 games he played in that season & being sent off in 3 of them. He was gone by January.
I think he wore #1 when Town played there in a pre-season friendly which I attended in 2013.

Thanks for that.

Blog: Pig Tales - An Old Story Brought Bang Up to Date

Wolves goalkeeper wearing Number 11 on 10:09 - Dec 22 with 691 viewsTrumptonBlue

Charlton allocated their squad numbers alphabetically one season in the 90s and defender Stuart Balmer got number 1.
Wolves goalkeeper wearing Number 11 on 10:14 - Dec 22 with 680 viewsDennyx4

Wolves goalkeeper wearing Number 11 on 08:25 - Dec 22 by BlueNomad

Ossie Ardilles

Ossie Ardilles wore the number 1 shirt in the 1978 World Cup.

The squad was listed in alphabetical order and Ardilles got the number one shirt that way, it worked out lucky for Mario Kempes, who still got to wear the number 10.
Wolves goalkeeper wearing Number 11 on 16:08 - Dec 22 with 555 viewsFifeITFC

Wolves goalkeeper wearing Number 11 on 10:09 - Dec 22 by TrumptonBlue

Charlton allocated their squad numbers alphabetically one season in the 90s and defender Stuart Balmer got number 1.

And goalkeeper Bob Bolder got number 2. Think it was towards the end of his playing career and struggling with injuries so ironically was second choice.

A couple of seasons ago, didn't Sheff Wed's first two keeper's had squad numbers 1 and 2?

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024