Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grip 10:43 - Dec 22 with 1830 viewsFixed_It

That's what some of you need to get for Christmas. It isn't great right now - we can all see that, but some of you are going way OTT!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Grip on 10:49 - Dec 22 with 1787 viewsBasuco

Well said that man, women, person! We all just need to take a step back and get behind the team, as we did at the start of the season. PLEASE!
Grip on 10:51 - Dec 22 with 1776 viewsFixed_It

Grip on 10:49 - Dec 22 by Basuco

Well said that man, women, person! We all just need to take a step back and get behind the team, as we did at the start of the season. PLEASE!

I identify as a lampshade actually. But thanks. And yes we do.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Grip on 11:07 - Dec 22 with 1747 viewssparks

Whilst I understand yoru sentiment...

If we dont do somethign we could sleepwalk into div 1 purgatory.

The issues are not being addressed. The endless fragmented teams, formations, lineups etc have been present from the start and continue.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

I know... on 12:18 - Dec 22 with 1691 viewsunstableblue

... people have lost all perspective and this theme that we’ve been rubbish all season is terrible!

In a BBC Suffolk poll listeners were putting KVY in our team of the decade! He’s a loss.

Sears and Bishop to come back.

Focus on the issue Lamberts rotation, system and ability to hurt teams. We are passing better. It’s a long season.

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

I know... on 12:27 - Dec 22 with 1681 viewssparks

I know... on 12:18 - Dec 22 by unstableblue

... people have lost all perspective and this theme that we’ve been rubbish all season is terrible!

In a BBC Suffolk poll listeners were putting KVY in our team of the decade! He’s a loss.

Focus on the issue Lamberts rotation, system and ability to hurt teams. We are passing better. It’s a long season.

Very few have lost all perspective. But we are genuinely and reaosnably concerned about the chaotic approach to team formation and selection, and have a reasonable belief that it is significantly hindering us- and shows no signs of settling down anytime soon.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Grip on 12:31 - Dec 22 with 1665 viewsTrequartista

There is a strong correlation between those who didnt want mick to go and those now shouting lambert out with a side order of bcwywf soup. I dont really see how the link exists in football terms so i guess its some kind of ego related reaction
[Post edited 22 Dec 2019 12:33]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Grip on 12:35 - Dec 22 with 1651 viewssparks

Grip on 12:31 - Dec 22 by Trequartista

There is a strong correlation between those who didnt want mick to go and those now shouting lambert out with a side order of bcwywf soup. I dont really see how the link exists in football terms so i guess its some kind of ego related reaction

That always happens to an extent.

I can think of a few regular board members in particular who were irrationally supportive of Keane, then swung totally the other way with Jewell etc.

Undoubtedly there is a reaction.

However, I thikn the questions about the extraoradinry levels of rotation and lack of any clear pattern of play or approach, are very very valid.

I know... on 12:37 - Dec 22 with 1648 viewsunstableblue

I know... on 12:27 - Dec 22 by sparks

Very few have lost all perspective. But we are genuinely and reaosnably concerned about the chaotic approach to team formation and selection, and have a reasonable belief that it is significantly hindering us- and shows no signs of settling down anytime soon.

I completely share those thought!

But sack him now? Really.

I’m very concerned that Marcus has fecked up yet again with Lambert.

But too many posters seem to be ignoring some of the good we’ve seen this season.

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Login to get fewer ads

Grip on 12:41 - Dec 22 with 1632 viewsMullet

Really? Where? Who? When? etc.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Grip on 13:03 - Dec 22 with 1594 viewsTrequartista

Grip on 12:35 - Dec 22 by sparks

I can think of a few regular board members in particular who were irrationally supportive of Keane, then swung totally the other way with Jewell etc.

However, I thikn the questions about the extraoradinry levels of rotation and lack of any clear pattern of play or approach, are very very valid.

Criticisms that i would agree with, and i was critical last season when others just gave him a free pass because of Hurst. I just can't see how sacking him now makes any sense. We are in third and he hasnt had a full season yet.

Grip on 13:08 - Dec 22 with 1586 viewsTrequartista

Grip on 12:41 - Dec 22 by Mullet

Last night on this message board. It's unfair to name names because there will be a sub-section who are giving their genuine football opinion that happens to co-incide but there is a definite correlation and perhaps would also be one in the opposite direction if we were 12 points clear

Grip on 13:09 - Dec 22 with 1587 viewsMullet

Grip on 12:41 - Dec 22 by Mullet

What an outrageous downvote in the face of asking for evidence eh? I never realised Bloots was so virulently or solely responsible for those who were "pro Mick".

Grip on 13:13 - Dec 22 with 1569 viewsPJH

Grip on 13:03 - Dec 22 by Trequartista

Criticisms that i would agree with, and i was critical last season when others just gave him a free pass because of Hurst. I just can't see how sacking him now makes any sense. We are in third and he hasnt had a full season yet.

It is difficult because whatever way it is looked at if we do NOT go up then PL has failed this season just as he failed last season.

We cannot afford to wait until we know that he has failed but on the other hand him going now does not make much sense.

If the poor points per game ratio continues much longer the relationship between him and the fans will not last because there are already signs of it cracking and if it happens then his reaction to it would be interesting-although I hope that we do not have to find that out.
Am I allowed to support the team..... on 13:19 - Dec 22 with 1563 viewsBloots

Grip on 10:49 - Dec 22 by Basuco

….wholeheartedly whilst still maintaining my consistent position that Shambert is a totally clueless fraud that is tactically inept and completely out of his depth?

Not that I really need to ask your permission obviously.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Grip on 13:25 - Dec 22 with 1550 viewsMullet

Grip on 13:08 - Dec 22 by Trequartista

Last night on this message board. It's unfair to name names because there will be a sub-section who are giving their genuine football opinion that happens to co-incide but there is a definite correlation and perhaps would also be one in the opposite direction if we were 12 points clear

That's a cop out. Either it's the same people or it's not, and if it is who was it? If we were 12 points clear we'd be approaching levels almost half a league or so below McCarthy so I'm not sure the logic stands up.

Grip on 14:16 - Dec 22 with 1508 viewsstrikalite

Grip on 13:13 - Dec 22 by PJH

It is difficult because whatever way it is looked at if we do NOT go up then PL has failed this season just as he failed last season.

We cannot afford to wait until we know that he has failed but on the other hand him going now does not make much sense.

If the poor points per game ratio continues much longer the relationship between him and the fans will not last because there are already signs of it cracking and if it happens then his reaction to it would be interesting-although I hope that we do not have to find that out.

Even Lambert himself has said it's all about the Club and the fans and putting them before himself, a ruthless ambitious owner will know this and act accordingly, that may appear harsh right now but he's not getting the best out of this group, his stats show that, or is it that this squad isn't as good as we think it is? Owners can't change the entire playing squad to find that out of course...so they make the call and try to rejuvenate it.
Grip on 15:08 - Dec 22 with 1443 viewsjeera

This Grip thing.

Is it from one of those 'special' sites?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Grip on 15:09 - Dec 22 with 1441 viewsRadlett_blue

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Grip on 15:16 - Dec 22 with 1426 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The idea that sacking a manager leads to something better has been proven wrong at least 4 out of the last 7 appointments and the other 3 haven't necessarily seen any significant improvements.

I am sure there does come a time a change has to be made but people calling for Lambert's head right now seem to be on a par with those who run Derby County and try a different manager every year.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Grip on 15:42 - Dec 22 with 1404 viewsPinewoodblue

Grip on 12:35 - Dec 22 by sparks

Looking just at League games we have made 4, or more, changes from one league match to the next in half our games. Surely that is the root cause of our problem.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Grip on 15:46 - Dec 22 with 1396 viewsGaryCooper

There certainly appears to be that correlation, has to subconsciously though surely? No one could be that daft and bitter could they?
"people have lost all perspective..." on 15:52 - Dec 22 with 1389 viewsDyland

I know... on 12:18 - Dec 22 by unstableblue

Not really. Not that many anyway. A tiny vocal minority, and the usual miserable sods on here, who are trolling half the time anyway. Most the the doubters are just doing exactly that, expressing doubt, and quite rightly. Loads of sensible football fans who've watched an awful lot of football, and have never seen anything like Lambert's chopping and changing. He's been here a year, and we are getting worse, with no discernible tactics or style of play for players to slot into.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Grip on 15:55 - Dec 22 with 1371 viewsLord_Lucan

They are like that with everything.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Grip on 16:05 - Dec 22 with 1346 viewsOxford_Blue

Agree and well said.

The idea that we should sack our manager because of a poor run of form is embarrassing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024