Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A Pompey Fans view of yesterday’s game 13:40 - Dec 22 with 2888 viewsCageyblue

A good friend of mine who has been a Pompey fan for many years just sent me this. It’s a quick, brief summary of yesterday’s game. I live overseas so don’t get to see the games unless they are on TV. Worrying that he doesn’t see anything to suggest promotion in the future. I’ve been a supporter for over 50 years and really worry for the future of the club if we don’t get promoted this year.

Lambert has obviously done a great PR job. The last game I saw was on Boxing Day 2017 against QPR. It was awful and Portman Road was like a morgue despite there being a half decent crowd there. In fact it was so bad that I went to the next game against Derby as I didn’t think it could be that bad again ! Wrong ! It was equally as bad if not worse !

Doesn’t seem like he has turned the football around though. I can only go by reports and what I read on here, but it is concerning especially with his constant team rotation. I hope he can but have serious doubts.

“Hi mate! Sorry not a lot of time to write but suffice to say that we were the better of two ordinary sides. I now feel for you as there was nothing to suggest promo back to the Championship. We missed a host of chances to have wrapped it up by 45 minutes but it took until early in the second half to do that! I think if you read your East Anglian local rag it sums the game up honestly! Anyway it looks like an interesting 2nd half of the season to come!! Cheers! Kev'. Happy Xmas etc; - Good luck with Gillingham on Boxing Day! Weve got to somehow overcome the mighty top of the table Wycombe Wanderers on the same day!! A tough one to call!! 🤔😊 “
[Post edited 22 Dec 2019 14:11]
A Pompey Fans view of yesterday’s lgame on 13:55 - Dec 22 with 2764 viewsstrikalite

It feels other fans have been feeling sorry for us for far too long now, I honestly thought this league would be a real chance to regroup and start again with a style, winning a good number of our home games(that's the real issue)against let's be honest pretty average sides who would get battered in the Championship, in truth on the whole we just look like a MM side on a bad day at the moment, and more worrying is that just like Mick he's stubborn and becoming defensive and his tone is negative and boy do players pick up on that..
A Pompey Fans view of yesterday’s game on 14:28 - Dec 22 with 2560 viewsmonytowbray

Many of my Pompey mates felt it was a poor performance on their side and we were just worse. Which is worrying.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

A Pompey Fans view of yesterday’s game on 17:15 - Dec 22 with 2142 viewsfloridablue

Where are you overseas? Over 50 years also a supporter and almost 17 years since I left Blighty. Last away being the Milan cup game and the home one probably the last of that season which escapes me. Haven't been back since and thinking it's better if I ever do, to give PR a wide berth...sad!
A Pompey Fans view of yesterday’s game on 23:59 - Dec 22 with 1736 viewsCageyblue

A Pompey Fans view of yesterday’s game on 17:15 - Dec 22 by floridablue

Where are you overseas? Over 50 years also a supporter and almost 17 years since I left Blighty. Last away being the Milan cup game and the home one probably the last of that season which escapes me. Haven't been back since and thinking it's better if I ever do, to give PR a wide berth...sad!

I’m in Bermuda. I left the UK in 1982. I was lucky that I supported them during the Bobby Robson era. My hero ! I actually started watching games in the Alf Ramsey era when we were in the old First division !

I can’t say I’d recommend visiting PR if you’re home ! Although I’m sure you will and I will probably too, it’s in the blood ! Last Christmas was the first time I’ve ever been back when we had a home game and I didn’t go ! The games against QPR and Derby that I watched in December 2017 were absolutely awful and the ground was like a morgue, even though there were about 18,000 there on Boxing Day !

I’m amazed at the support we get now. They deserve medals and as for the away support that is just incredible. I guess we were lucky to see them play at a level they will probably never reach again, certainly not in our lifetime. I was at the FA Cup Final, and the 1st leg of the Eufa Cup final. To think I watched them beat Barcelona 3-0 in a team that included Cruyff is incredible !
A Pompey Fans view of yesterday’s game on 06:52 - Dec 23 with 1545 viewsurbanblue

Why don't you watch the games on ifollow like the rest of us that are overseas?
A Pompey Fans view of yesterday’s game on 11:21 - Dec 23 with 1198 viewsCageyblue

A Pompey Fans view of yesterday’s game on 06:52 - Dec 23 by urbanblue

Why don't you watch the games on ifollow like the rest of us that are overseas?

I did try it once but the quality was poor. I have good internet etc too. What is it generally like these days ? I’ll try it again. I do have family commitments too on Saturdays which means I can’t always follow the games.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024