Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watford v Man U 16:05 - Dec 22 with 823 viewsfabian_illness

Perfect example of the new manager ‘bounce’ that we missed out on.
Watford v Man U on 16:09 - Dec 22 with 812 viewsFtnfwest

Twice
Watford v Man U on 16:11 - Dec 22 with 808 viewspointofblue

Watford v Man U on 16:09 - Dec 22 by Ftnfwest

Twice

Four times if you count Klug's failed efforts at taking over from Mick and Hurst (lost against Forest/lost at Millwall)

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Watford v Man U on 16:12 - Dec 22 with 805 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Yes, I am sure the Man Utd fans are so glad they got rid of Mourinho. It has worked out so well for them.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Watford v Man U on 16:16 - Dec 22 with 790 viewsFtnfwest

Watford v Man U on 16:11 - Dec 22 by pointofblue

Four times if you count Klug's failed efforts at taking over from Mick and Hurst (lost against Forest/lost at Millwall)

Took over from them and sacked by Keane, what a career!
Watford v Man U on 16:19 - Dec 22 with 780 viewsFtnfwest

Watford v Man U on 16:12 - Dec 22 by Nthsuffolkblue

Yes, I am sure the Man Utd fans are so glad they got rid of Mourinho. It has worked out so well for them.

How dare he win trophies and finish second (with essentially the same team plus smalling and zlatan)
Watford v Man U on 16:26 - Dec 22 with 761 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Watford v Man U on 16:19 - Dec 22 by Ftnfwest

How dare he win trophies and finish second (with essentially the same team plus smalling and zlatan)

The point is that he was not fulfilling the fans' expectations. They all thought they should be doing better but what has followed has taken them backwards.

Few would argue we should be walking this league without a fight and yet those jumping on Lambert's back seem to be arguing exactly that. Yes, there are things he is or isn't doing that concern us (as they did when they took us to top of the league). There always will be with every manager. I bet there are things some Leicester and Sheffield United fans are criticising their manager for. Probably soon the Wycombe fans will be criticising Ainsworth for something. Give Lambert a proper chance because sacking him now will almost certainly only see us moving backwards.

How well has sacking Jack Ross served Sunderland compared with sticking with Fergie Jr served Peterboro? (I do think Ross's time was up to be fair though.)

Watford v Man U on 16:34 - Dec 22 with 742 viewspointofblue

Watford v Man U on 16:26 - Dec 22 by Nthsuffolkblue

The point is that he was not fulfilling the fans' expectations. They all thought they should be doing better but what has followed has taken them backwards.

Few would argue we should be walking this league without a fight and yet those jumping on Lambert's back seem to be arguing exactly that. Yes, there are things he is or isn't doing that concern us (as they did when they took us to top of the league). There always will be with every manager. I bet there are things some Leicester and Sheffield United fans are criticising their manager for. Probably soon the Wycombe fans will be criticising Ainsworth for something. Give Lambert a proper chance because sacking him now will almost certainly only see us moving backwards.

How well has sacking Jack Ross served Sunderland compared with sticking with Fergie Jr served Peterboro? (I do think Ross's time was up to be fair though.)

As you indicate with Ross, though, sacking the manager isn't always the wrong thing to do - it's who you appoint in his stead which is key.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Watford v Man U on 16:39 - Dec 22 with 734 viewssparks

Simply not what people are arguing.

People are pointing out a very poor run- and no obvious prospect of progress at present, characterised by extraoradinary levels of rotation and switching around.

Team selection and shape is chaotic.

When players are constantly switched, they dont develop those udnerstandings and partnnerships on the pitch, and they dont have confidence in what they or there team mates are doing. We are seeing the results of that.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Login to get fewer ads

Watford v Man U on 16:41 - Dec 22 with 725 viewsFtnfwest

Absolutely, sacking him is the last thing we should do. Not a chance Evans would do that anyway...ever. I honestly thought it would take us a couple of years to get back last year.
Watford v Man U on 16:59 - Dec 22 with 696 viewsblueconscience

The difference being, is with them the manager was the problem, With us the problem is the owner.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Watford v Man U on 17:13 - Dec 22 with 672 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Watford v Man U on 16:41 - Dec 22 by Ftnfwest

Absolutely, sacking him is the last thing we should do. Not a chance Evans would do that anyway...ever. I honestly thought it would take us a couple of years to get back last year.

I think Evans has shown (not least with the last manager) that there is a limit to his patience.

I really hope we do get back this season. Not sure a second season is any easier than a first one.

Whether Lambert is the answer long term, time will tell. I don't like his rotation policy. I hope he stops doing it. However, simply changing manager because we dislike/disagree with his methods isn't going to move the club forwards. We would benefit from having a consistent policy/footballing philosophy that managers are appointed only if they buy into it.

Watford v Man U on 17:22 - Dec 22 with 664 viewsFtnfwest

Watford v Man U on 17:13 - Dec 22 by Nthsuffolkblue

I think Evans has shown (not least with the last manager) that there is a limit to his patience.

I really hope we do get back this season. Not sure a second season is any easier than a first one.

Whether Lambert is the answer long term, time will tell. I don't like his rotation policy. I hope he stops doing it. However, simply changing manager because we dislike/disagree with his methods isn't going to move the club forwards. We would benefit from having a consistent policy/footballing philosophy that managers are appointed only if they buy into it.

Agree, there’s no way a manager of lamberts ability shouldn’t be able to get us back up, although that may not be straight away and I think he’d get another season if we don’t make it this time even. The way he’s rotating is very odd and as others have said, I’m not entirely sure all is well behind the scenes.
Watford v Man U on 17:27 - Dec 22 with 663 viewsfabian_illness

Watford v Man U on 16:39 - Dec 22 by sparks

Simply not what people are arguing.

People are pointing out a very poor run- and no obvious prospect of progress at present, characterised by extraoradinary levels of rotation and switching around.

Team selection and shape is chaotic.

When players are constantly switched, they dont develop those udnerstandings and partnnerships on the pitch, and they dont have confidence in what they or there team mates are doing. We are seeing the results of that.

‘Understanding and partnerships’

This is one of the fundamentals we are missing.
Finding someone with a flick or through ball to run onto.
Watford v Man U on 17:29 - Dec 22 with 657 viewsBlueBadger

Watford v Man U on 16:59 - Dec 22 by blueconscience

The difference being, is with them the manager was the problem, With us the problem is the owner.

..who appointed two crap managers in a row.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Watford v Man U on 17:35 - Dec 22 with 645 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Watford v Man U on 17:27 - Dec 22 by fabian_illness

‘Understanding and partnerships’

This is one of the fundamentals we are missing.
Finding someone with a flick or through ball to run onto.

Seemed to have it with Norwood and Jackson.

Hopefully Sears can strike it up with someone too.

It is what has been missing all over the pitch for far too long. We are too often a team of individuals rather than the sum of its parts.

Watford v Man U on 17:39 - Dec 22 with 640 viewssparks

Watford v Man U on 17:35 - Dec 22 by Nthsuffolkblue

It is what has been missing all over the pitch for far too long. We are too often a team of individuals rather than the sum of its parts.

People dont seem to realise how important partnerships are on the pitch. When a full back and wide midfielder know each otehr's games and work tofether well under pressure- you get much more than the sum of the parts.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Watford v Man U on 17:45 - Dec 22 with 632 viewsfabian_illness

Watford v Man U on 17:35 - Dec 22 by Nthsuffolkblue

I’d love us to play through a midfielder with a range of passes.
Imagine a Jim Magilton type player feeding 2 pacy forwards.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024