Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stuart Watson nails it with his article tbh.... 17:20 - Dec 22 with 5536 viewsArnieM

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/the-verdict-portsmouth-1-ipswich-0-1-6436538

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Stuart Watson nails it with his article tbh.... on 17:22 - Dec 22 with 3714 viewsHerbivore

Yeah, pretty hard to argue with any of that really.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Stuart Watson nails it with his article tbh.... on 17:23 - Dec 22 with 3716 viewswaveneyblue

Couldn't agree more. Absolutely spot on
Stuart Watson nails it with his article tbh.... on 17:25 - Dec 22 with 3692 viewsBlueBadger

Pretty much spot-on, isn't it?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Stuart Watson nails it with his article tbh.... on 17:26 - Dec 22 with 3686 viewsBlueBadger

Stuart Watson nails it with his article tbh.... on 17:22 - Dec 22 by Herbivore

Yeah, pretty hard to argue with any of that really.

I can't believe he didn't mention that The Football Is Better.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Stuart Watson nails it with his article tbh.... on 17:26 - Dec 22 with 3682 viewsBluefish

He is absolutely spot on and reflects what i have said on here. I wonder if he will be dismissed as being deliberately negative and trying to troll or if others will accept the situation now.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Stuart Watson nails it with his article tbh.... on 17:28 - Dec 22 with 3680 viewsITFC_Forever

Lambert’s burning credit faster than a steam train burns coal.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Stuart Watson nails it with his article tbh.... on 17:30 - Dec 22 with 3665 viewsunstableblue

Can’t argue with that

Boxing Day massive

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Stuart Watson nails it with his article tbh.... on 17:30 - Dec 22 with 3658 viewsBluefish

Stuart Watson nails it with his article tbh.... on 17:28 - Dec 22 by ITFC_Forever

Lambert’s burning credit faster than a steam train burns coal.

None of the credit was built from a football perspective though. I could accept it if it was and would give him the slack

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Login to get fewer ads

Stuart Watson nails it with his article tbh.... on 17:31 - Dec 22 with 3651 viewsChrisd

Tend to agree.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Stuart Watson nails it with his article tbh.... on 17:40 - Dec 22 with 3591 viewsgainsboroughblue

Nobody needs to add anything to that at all. Absolutely spot on.

The excuses and platitudes have worn wafer thin.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Stuart Watson nails it with his article tbh.... on 17:43 - Dec 22 with 3569 viewsSwansea_Blue

Tiny glimmer of hope - 9 points out of 9 matches is not relegation form. It puts us 19th in the form table over that time 😬

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Stuart Watson nails it with his article tbh.... on 17:54 - Dec 22 with 3516 viewsITFC_Forever

Stuart Watson nails it with his article tbh.... on 17:43 - Dec 22 by Swansea_Blue

Tiny glimmer of hope - 9 points out of 9 matches is not relegation form. It puts us 19th in the form table over that time 😬

A point a game over a season will see you relegated.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Stuart Watson nails it with his article tbh.... on 19:05 - Dec 22 with 3341 viewsGarv

Stuart Watson nails it with his article tbh.... on 17:30 - Dec 22 by Bluefish

None of the credit was built from a football perspective though. I could accept it if it was and would give him the slack

It would be wrong to ignore the displays we put in last season though. I know it was a succession of 1-1 draws but the Derby, West Brom, and Bristol games, among others, were improved performances.I didn't see the Forest game but I think that was another by all accounts. We've shown from then until even now that we put good moves together and score good goals, it just doesn't happen enough. Dozzell against Leeds was a snippet.

He showed intent to change the football philosophy early on with the centre halves splitting. That was ludicrous and he eventually scrapped it presumably because he realised the players couldn't do it. I remember a Gerken interview where he explained what Lambert was trying to do and it was as if the squad had never been encouraged to pass a football before.

I think he wants to have us playing better football and to have more of an identity. Whether he is able to long term is a different matter.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Stuart Watson nails it with his article tbh.... on 19:11 - Dec 22 with 3304 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

He normally is tbf. Fantastic Journalist.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Stuart Watson nails it with his article tbh.... on 19:23 - Dec 22 with 3265 viewsGarv

'Whenever Lambert is quizzed about his footballing principles and what sort of team he wants to build, we keep getting muddled, generic responses that refer to Klopp and Pep and the Bundesliga and how it's 'not about systems'. If it's confusing for us, then it must be for the players too.'

With respect to Watson, the players are players and he's not, so I'm not sure how he can use that last line. Does he think Lambert tells the players exactly what he tells journos in his pointless pre-match presser?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Stuart Watson nails it with his article tbh.... on 19:33 - Dec 22 with 3228 viewsKeaneish

Stuart Watson nails it with his article tbh.... on 17:26 - Dec 22 by Bluefish

He is absolutely spot on and reflects what i have said on here. I wonder if he will be dismissed as being deliberately negative and trying to troll or if others will accept the situation now.

Watson writes a well considered article and calls for unity whereas you called for the manager to be sacked. Not sure the reflections are the same are they? We all accepted the situation before Saturday and the problems we had, they just became magnified at Fratton Park - what were frailties are now major issues.

Time for PL to step up to the plate, prove himself and earn his corn and what better fixture to do it than a home banker in front of a big Boxing Day crowd against Steve Evans; as if he or the players need any more motivation.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Stuart Watson nails it with his article tbh.... on 19:39 - Dec 22 with 3195 viewsOxford_Blue

Thought it looked like it was written after the writer had a few drinks. Apart from the typos and bad grammar, which really ought to be picked up when it was proof read, it states the obvious without offering any suggestions for improvement.
Stuart Watson nails it with his article tbh.... on 19:55 - Dec 22 with 3146 viewsHerbivore

Stuart Watson nails it with his article tbh.... on 19:05 - Dec 22 by Garv

It would be wrong to ignore the displays we put in last season though. I know it was a succession of 1-1 draws but the Derby, West Brom, and Bristol games, among others, were improved performances.I didn't see the Forest game but I think that was another by all accounts. We've shown from then until even now that we put good moves together and score good goals, it just doesn't happen enough. Dozzell against Leeds was a snippet.

He showed intent to change the football philosophy early on with the centre halves splitting. That was ludicrous and he eventually scrapped it presumably because he realised the players couldn't do it. I remember a Gerken interview where he explained what Lambert was trying to do and it was as if the squad had never been encouraged to pass a football before.

I think he wants to have us playing better football and to have more of an identity. Whether he is able to long term is a different matter.

Whenever people bring up him taking us down without a fight last season they are told that last season was a write off and he started this season with a clean slate. It's interesting that the so-called improved performances that took place 9 months ago are now something which it would be "wrong to ignore". Think you're clutching at straws, mate. Lambert looks every inch a busted flush.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2019 20:10]

Stuart Watson nails it with his article tbh.... on 20:03 - Dec 22 with 3123 viewscarlisleaway

Stuart Watson nails it with his article tbh.... on 19:39 - Dec 22 by Oxford_Blue

Thought it looked like it was written after the writer had a few drinks. Apart from the typos and bad grammar, which really ought to be picked up when it was proof read, it states the obvious without offering any suggestions for improvement.

Forget the typos Stuart Watson is spot on with everything he has written.
Stuart Watson nails it with his article tbh.... on 20:12 - Dec 22 with 3086 viewsOxford_Blue

Stuart Watson nails it with his article tbh.... on 20:03 - Dec 22 by carlisleaway

Forget the typos Stuart Watson is spot on with everything he has written.

It doesn’t say anything that isn’t obvious.
Stuart Watson nails it with his article tbh.... on 20:13 - Dec 22 with 3071 viewsHerbivore

Stuart Watson nails it with his article tbh.... on 20:12 - Dec 22 by Oxford_Blue

It doesn’t say anything that isn’t obvious.

To everyone except Paul Lambert maybe, which is kind of the point.

Stuart Watson nails it with his article tbh.... on 20:15 - Dec 22 with 3073 viewsKeaneish

Stuart Watson nails it with his article tbh.... on 19:55 - Dec 22 by Herbivore

Whenever people bring up him taking us down without a fight last season they are told that last season was a write off and he started this season with a clean slate. It's interesting that the so-called improved performances that took place 9 months ago are now something which it would be "wrong to ignore". Think you're clutching at straws, mate. Lambert looks every inch a busted flush.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2019 20:10]

I think it’s still too early to call; reason being is that it is dead simple to fix this and it can be achieved in four days time. No doubt Saturday was a horror show but it’s a bit premature to write him off just yet in my view.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Stuart Watson nails it with his article tbh.... on 20:29 - Dec 22 with 3014 viewsHerbivore

Stuart Watson nails it with his article tbh.... on 20:15 - Dec 22 by Keaneish

I think it’s still too early to call; reason being is that it is dead simple to fix this and it can be achieved in four days time. No doubt Saturday was a horror show but it’s a bit premature to write him off just yet in my view.

We've barely played well all season. The constant changes show no signs of stopping. I don't see him changing things, he's too stubborn.

Stuart Watson nails it with his article tbh.... on 20:30 - Dec 22 with 3009 viewsDerryfromBury

What's the chance of PL and some of the players reading that article. A lot of home truths I'm afraid.
Stuart Watson nails it with his article tbh.... on 20:36 - Dec 22 with 2988 viewsMVBlue

Stuart Watson nails it with his article tbh.... on 19:23 - Dec 22 by Garv

'Whenever Lambert is quizzed about his footballing principles and what sort of team he wants to build, we keep getting muddled, generic responses that refer to Klopp and Pep and the Bundesliga and how it's 'not about systems'. If it's confusing for us, then it must be for the players too.'

With respect to Watson, the players are players and he's not, so I'm not sure how he can use that last line. Does he think Lambert tells the players exactly what he tells journos in his pointless pre-match presser?

Watson voicing what many on here have. We don’t know our identity. Its all looking worryingly like Lamberts Aston Villa.

Honestly, all this too much football nonsense with endless squad rotation and nearly a dozen games without a win, goodwill has gone. And he should be by January too if he doesnt get them fighting again. BRING the passion back in the team.

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024