Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huntingdon a14 00:09 - Dec 23 with 3256 viewsjeera

Is there some kind of national traffic cone competition I am unaware of?

Been through tonight for the first time in ages and I genuinely didn't know where the hell I was going at one point.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Huntingdon a14 on 00:11 - Dec 23 with 2429 viewsgainsboroughblue

I don't think I have ever known a time in my driving life where that road hasn't had roadworks.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Huntingdon a14 on 00:14 - Dec 23 with 2414 viewsjeera

Huntingdon a14 on 00:11 - Dec 23 by gainsboroughblue

I don't think I have ever known a time in my driving life where that road hasn't had roadworks.

It was dark and I was sort of stuck between a lorry and another car, made a decision to keep left rather than head over the new bit of road I'd never seen before, and found myself off on some tangent merrily heading down the a428.

Huntingdon a14 on 00:24 - Dec 23 with 2397 viewsEly_Blue

There have been quite a few complaints and accidents locally on the new piece of road as it’s been really that badly signposted in places that even locals don’t know where they should be going

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Huntingdon a14 on 00:24 - Dec 23 with 2388 viewsgainsboroughblue

Huntingdon a14 on 00:14 - Dec 23 by jeera

It was dark and I was sort of stuck between a lorry and another car, made a decision to keep left rather than head over the new bit of road I'd never seen before, and found myself off on some tangent merrily heading down the a428.

I've done that once or twice without the excuse of roadworks!

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Huntingdon a14 on 00:34 - Dec 23 with 2380 viewsjeera

Huntingdon a14 on 00:24 - Dec 23 by Ely_Blue

There have been quite a few complaints and accidents locally on the new piece of road as it’s been really that badly signposted in places that even locals don’t know where they should be going

I'm glad you said that!

I had to stop a lady dog-walker to ask how to rejoin the 14; the humiliation.

I've driven that route a thousand times yet honestly had not a scoobie wtf was going on.

She politely assured me that both she and her husband have had mishaps along there despite living there for 30 years! I thought she was just being nice.

Huntingdon a14 on 00:43 - Dec 23 with 2364 viewsEly_Blue

Huntingdon a14 on 00:34 - Dec 23 by jeera

I'm glad you said that!

I've driven that route a thousand times yet honestly had not a scoobie wtf was going on.

She politely assured me that both she and her husband have had mishaps along there despite living there for 30 years! I thought she was just being nice.

The new part of the road opened 2 weeks ago and within about 2-3 hours there was an accident that caused horrendous delays because people didn’t know where they were going

https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/a14-new-bypass-huntingdon-a

Huntingdon a14 on 00:55 - Dec 23 with 2351 viewsjeera

Huntingdon a14 on 00:43 - Dec 23 by Ely_Blue

The new part of the road opened 2 weeks ago and within about 2-3 hours there was an accident that caused horrendous delays because people didn’t know where they were going

https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/a14-new-bypass-huntingdon-a

Bloody hell.

Thing I found what with all the car lights and the cones and the yellow signs...not helped by the impatience of drivers who do know where they're going.

I know there are signs, but there's a lot going on and at the end of the day you can't just stop the motor to take it all in and have to make snap decisions.

It's not great along there at all if you're encountering it [the new layout] for the first time.

Huntingdon a14 on 00:59 - Dec 23 with 2344 viewsmonytowbray

Did you win though?

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Login to get fewer ads

Huntingdon a14 on 01:01 - Dec 23 with 2339 viewsjeera

Huntingdon a14 on 00:59 - Dec 23 by monytowbray

Did you win though?

Only if adding several miles and half hour to the journey counts.

Huntingdon a14 on 01:24 - Dec 23 with 2333 viewsfactual_blue

Huntingdon a14 on 00:14 - Dec 23 by jeera

I drove back from the Midlands last Monday evening. Excellent new bit from Brampton Hut to Cambridge Services. Then peters out into cone hell, which will continue for another twelve months.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Huntingdon a14 on 08:23 - Dec 23 with 2144 viewsEly_Blue

Huntingdon a14 on 01:24 - Dec 23 by factual_blue

I drove back from the Midlands last Monday evening. Excellent new bit from Brampton Hut to Cambridge Services. Then peters out into cone hell, which will continue for another twelve months.

I had to drive from Ely up to Grantham last week on Monday morning and where I would normally cut across country and join the A14 somewhere near St Ives I didn’t dare risk it for fear of the hassle it would cause when I had never driven on the new road yet, I ended up driving the horrid cross country route to Peterborough (including the horrid Ramsey 40 foot road) just to avoid the A14 all together

Huntingdon a14 on 09:03 - Dec 23 with 2073 viewshoppy

Huntingdon a14 on 00:34 - Dec 23 by jeera

I'm glad you said that!

How did you know it was a lady dog?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Huntingdon a14 on 09:31 - Dec 23 with 2035 viewsMullet

I'm dreading the journey now. It's bad enough usually, let alone this time of year.

On a serious note, how likely is it to cause issues from that direction? I'm guessing it's signposted fairly well?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Huntingdon a14 on 09:35 - Dec 23 with 2020 viewsjeera

12 months?

I was hoping to get back sometime on the same day.

Huntingdon a14 on 09:36 - Dec 23 with 2014 viewsjeera

Huntingdon a14 on 09:03 - Dec 23 by hoppy

How did you know it was a lady dog?

Obviously I had a sneaky look underneath when the owner wasn't looking.

It might have seemed a bit weird if I been spotted.

Huntingdon a14 on 09:38 - Dec 23 with 2010 viewsjeera

Huntingdon a14 on 09:31 - Dec 23 by Mullet

I'm dreading the journey now. It's bad enough usually, let alone this time of year.

On a serious note, how likely is it to cause issues from that direction? I'm guessing it's signposted fairly well?

I can't help with that direction but let me know how it goes.

I figure if you and Facters can manage it then it shouldn't be too difficult.

Huntingdon a14 on 10:00 - Dec 23 with 1985 viewsfactual_blue

Huntingdon a14 on 09:31 - Dec 23 by Mullet

Heading from the west, just follow don't follow the sign for non-motorway traffic*. I think it says Felixstowe or Harwich but I can't remember. I'd updated my sat nav a couple of days before, and remarkably the new road layout was on it.

This might help

I think if you're heading west it's still better to take the A428 and the A1198 to Godmanchester, where you'll then pick up the newly-opened bit.

*Apparently the new road was to be the A14(M), but the Dept of Transport has withdrawn the application for motorway status to get it all open as early as possible.

Huntingdon a14 on 10:03 - Dec 23 with 1979 viewsfactual_blue

Huntingdon a14 on 09:38 - Dec 23 by jeera

*Abuse reported*

I have also referred your post to the organisations who investigate these things.

And you are a liar and a sh!t stirrer.

Huntingdon a14 on 10:14 - Dec 23 with 1969 viewsmonytowbray

Huntingdon a14 on 10:03 - Dec 23 by factual_blue

*Abuse reported*

I have also referred your post to the organisations who investigate these things.

And you are a liar and a sh!t stirrer.

Did anyone undertake you? It wasn’t me, I no longer own a car.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Huntingdon a14 on 10:47 - Dec 23 with 1950 viewsTractorWood

I commute on the A14. I honestly can't remember a time without road works. 6 years ago maybe?

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Huntingdon a14 on 11:04 - Dec 23 with 1922 viewsMedwayTractor

Huntingdon a14 on 10:00 - Dec 23 by factual_blue

Heading from the west, just follow don't follow the sign for non-motorway traffic*. I think it says Felixstowe or Harwich but I can't remember. I'd updated my sat nav a couple of days before, and remarkably the new road layout was on it.

This might help

I think if you're heading west it's still better to take the A428 and the A1198 to Godmanchester, where you'll then pick up the newly-opened bit.

*Apparently the new road was to be the A14(M), but the Dept of Transport has withdrawn the application for motorway status to get it all open as early as possible.

Sorry, that film clip is utter fiction. It doesn't show nearly enough traffic, there's no crawling log jam of lorries, no speeders in the outside lane, no lane hoggers and no tailgaters.

Blog: Who's Next Between the Sticks (Or Be Careful What You Wish For)?

Huntingdon a14 on 11:41 - Dec 23 with 1892 viewsPinewoodblue

Huntingdon a14 on 11:04 - Dec 23 by MedwayTractor

Sorry, that film clip is utter fiction. It doesn't show nearly enough traffic, there's no crawling log jam of lorries, no speeders in the outside lane, no lane hoggers and no tailgaters.

But it does give an example of where Corbyn was going to plant some of his trees

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Huntingdon a14 on 12:00 - Dec 23 with 1873 viewsMullet

Huntingdon a14 on 09:38 - Dec 23 by jeera

This is why we downvote you

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Huntingdon a14 on 14:07 - Dec 23 with 1809 viewsfactual_blue

Huntingdon a14 on 10:47 - Dec 23 by TractorWood

I commute on the A14. I honestly can't remember a time without road works. 6 years ago maybe?

I remember the lovely drive through Lutterworth, Market Harborough and Kettering in the pre-A14 days.

Huntingdon a14 on 14:16 - Dec 23 with 1791 viewsjeera

Huntingdon a14 on 12:00 - Dec 23 by Mullet

This is why we downvote you

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024