Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe 21:57 - Dec 23 with 13047 viewsNthsuffolkblue

says it won't rule out taking further steps if required to deal with racism in football?

Perhaps he should get his own house in order first and perhaps then the racists won't feel so enabled.

https://krdo.com/sports/2019/12/23/uk-government-to-hold-talks-with-tottenham-ho

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 22:44 - Dec 23 with 850 viewsmonytowbray

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 22:36 - Dec 23 by haynes_toe1

I'd rather they come out and say this than not.

The desperation to score political points from those whose vote did not win in the general election is alive and well, at least.

No we just want YOU to hold the government YOU voted for to account for their promises.

Great job so far and I imagine you’ll whinge when the left have to take to the streets to defend YOUR rights.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 22:44 - Dec 23 with 846 viewsTrequartista

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 22:37 - Dec 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

Surely it depends on what you are disagreeing with.

If you are saying the things Johnson has said are acceptable then yes.

Difficult to know what you are disagreeing with. I have suggested a few possibilities but I would suggest each of them would sound rather racist.

I disagree with the premise that racist thugs at football are directly linked to Johnson's comments in articles in the telegraph 17 years ago. i posted in detail about this either earlier today or yesterday, but i just thought i'd disagree rather than go through it all again.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 22:45 - Dec 23 with 840 viewsmonytowbray

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 22:38 - Dec 23 by Trequartista

A direct reply to your accusation is a swerve?

You’ve been downvoting posts like a toddler having a tantrum and haven’t actually answered the OP you downvoted.

TWTD never forgets…

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 22:48 - Dec 23 with 827 viewsmonytowbray

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 22:44 - Dec 23 by Trequartista

I disagree with the premise that racist thugs at football are directly linked to Johnson's comments in articles in the telegraph 17 years ago. i posted in detail about this either earlier today or yesterday, but i just thought i'd disagree rather than go through it all again.

Yaaaay.

So having a fairly racist government has no impact on enabling it how exactly? I suppose it was coincidence Katie Hopkins and Britain First found their voice again the day after the GE?

TWTD never forgets…

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 22:48 - Dec 23 with 822 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 22:44 - Dec 23 by Trequartista

Oh, OK. So him saying them all (is that the piccaninnies, letterboxes and bumboys ones all that long ago?) mean they are acceptable? What are your time limits on when they do become acceptable?

Good job he didn't go with his one strike and out that he claimed he was going with in the election campaign then.

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 22:49 - Dec 23 with 816 viewsTrequartista

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 22:45 - Dec 23 by monytowbray

You’ve been downvoting posts like a toddler having a tantrum and haven’t actually answered the OP you downvoted.

So anyone who downvotes things because they disagree with them is a toddler having a tantrum, and has to provide an explanation on demand?

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 22:50 - Dec 23 with 821 viewsblueM3

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe (n/t) on 22:37 - Dec 23 by CokeIsKey

[Post edited 14 May 2022 14:37]

I somehow managed to downvote this by mistake.

I think the original post seems to come across as a labour voter looking to score points over the tory voters. I personally don't think Boris' views or previous statements can be seen to be worse than those of corbyn.

So all in all the original post is just looking for an argument surely? All personal kpinioms of course and im not looking to justify any racism.
Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 22:51 - Dec 23 with 813 viewsmonytowbray

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 22:49 - Dec 23 by Trequartista

So anyone who downvotes things because they disagree with them is a toddler having a tantrum, and has to provide an explanation on demand?

S W E R V E.

Perhaps stick to the script rather than taking it to pointless personal levels? You’d come across better than you are now (which is as a racism apologist if you needed the hint).

TWTD never forgets…

Login to get fewer ads

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 22:51 - Dec 23 with 811 viewsmonytowbray

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 22:50 - Dec 23 by blueM3

I somehow managed to downvote this by mistake.

I think the original post seems to come across as a labour voter looking to score points over the tory voters. I personally don't think Boris' views or previous statements can be seen to be worse than those of corbyn.

So all in all the original post is just looking for an argument surely? All personal kpinioms of course and im not looking to justify any racism.

Do you want a list? Wow.

TWTD never forgets…

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 22:54 - Dec 23 with 808 viewsTrequartista

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 22:48 - Dec 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

Oh, OK. So him saying them all (is that the piccaninnies, letterboxes and bumboys ones all that long ago?) mean they are acceptable? What are your time limits on when they do become acceptable?

Good job he didn't go with his one strike and out that he claimed he was going with in the election campaign then.

I didn't say that was acceptable. You're just putting words in my mouth. This is why it's not worth engaging.

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 22:54 - Dec 23 with 809 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 22:36 - Dec 23 by haynes_toe1

The desperation to score political points from those whose vote did not win in the general election is alive and well, at least.

I agree, I am glad they have said it. However, it is hypocritical and ironic.

It is rather like the Italian anti-racism campaign that one charity described as a "sick joke". I am sure the intention is good but they really need to take a long hard look at themselves and deal with the problem they have.

Not a lot of point in political point scoring now. We have what we have. As I have pointed out to all the "Not my prime minister" posts on FB, he is whether we like it or not and he has been democratically elected.

However, if you don't want the government to be held to account that is very worrying.

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 22:56 - Dec 23 with 798 viewsTrequartista

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 22:51 - Dec 23 by monytowbray

S W E R V E.

Perhaps stick to the script rather than taking it to pointless personal levels? You’d come across better than you are now (which is as a racism apologist if you needed the hint).

Don't take it to personal levels and then you call me a racist apologist. And you can withdraw that now by the way.

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 22:57 - Dec 23 with 797 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 22:54 - Dec 23 by Trequartista

I didn't say that was acceptable. You're just putting words in my mouth. This is why it's not worth engaging.

OK "I disagree with the premise that racist thugs at football are directly linked to Johnson's comments in articles in the telegraph 17 years ago" rather than "acceptable".

You honestly don't think a PM who has openly held these views influences those who hold them to express them?

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 23:00 - Dec 23 with 784 viewsmonytowbray

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 22:56 - Dec 23 by Trequartista

Don't take it to personal levels and then you call me a racist apologist. And you can withdraw that now by the way.

You did that with two swerved prior. Calling it as I see it. You don’t get to sit on the fence and be a centralist when it comes to racism.

TWTD never forgets…

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 23:02 - Dec 23 with 783 viewsHerbivore

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 22:57 - Dec 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

OK "I disagree with the premise that racist thugs at football are directly linked to Johnson's comments in articles in the telegraph 17 years ago" rather than "acceptable".

You honestly don't think a PM who has openly held these views influences those who hold them to express them?

His view is that whilst Johnson has said numerous racist things and used language to pander to racists, Johnson isn't really a racist.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 23:05 - Dec 23 with 766 viewsTrequartista

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 22:57 - Dec 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

As i said yesterday, if there is a link between Johnson's words and the actions of racist thugs at Tottenham, was it because they all read 17 year old copies of the Daily Telegraph or did they hear them from them being repeated again and again in the election campaign by his opponents?

If you read the articles he is using those words in a context where he is not actually name-calling, so that is not evidence he holds racist views. I agree though that they were unacceptable words to use even in that context. It's totally fair for people to go back and attack him over it, but it's a huge leap to say racist fans got it from the original article. I just believe in getting to the truth of matters without shutting it all down first.

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 23:06 - Dec 23 with 763 viewsmonytowbray

“Abuse reported” hahaha.

Who exactly is this post naming and abusing? Whoever did that it says more about what they know about themselves and won’t admit than the OP.

TWTD never forgets…

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 23:08 - Dec 23 with 756 viewsmonytowbray

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 23:05 - Dec 23 by Trequartista

As i said yesterday, if there is a link between Johnson's words and the actions of racist thugs at Tottenham, was it because they all read 17 year old copies of the Daily Telegraph or did they hear them from them being repeated again and again in the election campaign by his opponents?

If you read the articles he is using those words in a context where he is not actually name-calling, so that is not evidence he holds racist views. I agree though that they were unacceptable words to use even in that context. It's totally fair for people to go back and attack him over it, but it's a huge leap to say racist fans got it from the original article. I just believe in getting to the truth of matters without shutting it all down first.

“If you read the articles he is using those words in a context where he is not actually name-calling, so that is not evidence he holds racist views.”

In what context is calling Muslim women “letterboxes” and PoC “piccaninnies with watermelon smiles” not racist? Was it just BANTER or something?

TWTD never forgets…

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 23:16 - Dec 23 with 724 viewsTrequartista

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 23:00 - Dec 23 by monytowbray

You did that with two swerved prior. Calling it as I see it. You don’t get to sit on the fence and be a centralist when it comes to racism.

I responded directly as i said, you've ignored that with your fingers in your ears as you've repeated it again - and I will say what i think is true whether it fits into you warped world view or not.

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 23:17 - Dec 23 with 724 viewsTrequartista

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 23:08 - Dec 23 by monytowbray

“If you read the articles he is using those words in a context where he is not actually name-calling, so that is not evidence he holds racist views.”

In what context is calling Muslim women “letterboxes” and PoC “piccaninnies with watermelon smiles” not racist? Was it just BANTER or something?

Is Frankie Boyle racist for using the 'N' word in one of his jokes?

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 23:17 - Dec 23 with 729 viewsbazgammon

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 22:05 - Dec 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

Feel free to explain the downvotes. You don't find it ironic? You don't think the sentiment should be expressed? You don't believe his comments enable the racists? You don't accept he is clearly a racist and an Islamophobe?

give it a rest. you lost Brexit 3-0. just because you don't agree with someone doesnt make them a racist or some kind of phobe. When will the left wake up and smell the coffee, name calling, identity politics, its pathetic and the public are sick of it. I suggest if you want to suffer real racism and intolerance then move to North Korea or China.

Poll: Lambert

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 23:18 - Dec 23 with 723 viewsmonytowbray

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 23:17 - Dec 23 by Trequartista

Is Frankie Boyle racist for using the 'N' word in one of his jokes?

Answer the question. In what way were Johnson’s comments not racist in context? The context of anything else is a swerve.

TWTD never forgets…

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 23:26 - Dec 23 with 703 viewsTrequartista

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 23:18 - Dec 23 by monytowbray

Answer the question. In what way were Johnson’s comments not racist in context? The context of anything else is a swerve.

Well i'll answer for you, he is not, and it was proved in a court case, because of the context of what he said. So saying racist words doesn't necessarily mean that someone is racist and context does matter. However i still think Johnson's words were unacceptable even in the context they were said, as I have already said. I was just saying he wasn't directly calling someone that.

Now it would be nice to have a logical discussion without shouting out swerve or racist or whatever, do you think you can manage that? If not i'll just go back to downvoting rather than tiresome arguments, as it was others who asked me to explain, and I have had the courtesy to try and do so. I really don't have to.

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 23:30 - Dec 23 with 697 viewsmonytowbray

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 23:26 - Dec 23 by Trequartista

Well i'll answer for you, he is not, and it was proved in a court case, because of the context of what he said. So saying racist words doesn't necessarily mean that someone is racist and context does matter. However i still think Johnson's words were unacceptable even in the context they were said, as I have already said. I was just saying he wasn't directly calling someone that.

Now it would be nice to have a logical discussion without shouting out swerve or racist or whatever, do you think you can manage that? If not i'll just go back to downvoting rather than tiresome arguments, as it was others who asked me to explain, and I have had the courtesy to try and do so. I really don't have to.

When did Johnson go to court over his remarks in news columns?

TWTD never forgets…

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 23:31 - Dec 23 with 691 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Agreed.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024